How is a job created?

Capitalism is based on the conflict that exists between employer and employee. The employer tries to undercut the employee and the employee is on constant watch for a better paying job. The only problem I have is 2 weeks notice... that should be scrapped. Is it still in operation today?

Anything under $15 an hour should not be considered a job. "you pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.". Real jobs are created when those with needed skills are able to use their skills to leverage against the employer and negotiate a fair salary.

who prevents folks from negotiating a fair salary?? I wonder why you forgot to say?

how are all the "jobs" that aren't getting done, like cleaning up toxic sites, repairing infrastructure, etc.. gonna be "created" then?

Jobs are created through demand.

a liberal will lack the IQ to know that real jobs are created through supply, not demand.
I'm not a Liberal, and my IQ is in the range of 123. Given that, I know for a fact that jobs are created through demand for goods and services, and for R&D. All the supply in the world can't create jobs if no one is buying. Supply becomes dead inventory unless there's a market for it. We could have warehouses stacked to the roof with goods, and if no one is buying, then those warehouses become a glut of inventory, and production would stop. If a company makes 100,000,000 widgets, and no one is buying widgets, then the company would have to lay-off workers and close the doors. On the other hand, if there is a strong demand for widgets, the same company may need to hire additional employees in order to supply the demand.

you can't serve two masters and any one that doesn't pay a decent wage is an evil master that must be overthrown and cast down into the pits of hell. lol.

Capitalism is based on the conflict that exists between employer and employee.
conflict?? Why not say, love rather than conflict. You should love the person who gives you the single best job in the world. Why take a jobs if its not the best in the entire world offered to you??

Jobs are created through demand.

a liberal will lack the IQ to know that real jobs are created through supply, not demand.
I'm not a Liberal, and my IQ is in the range of 123. Given that, I know for a fact that jobs are created through demand for goods and services, and for R&D. All the supply in the world can't create jobs if no one is buying. Supply becomes dead inventory unless there's a market for it. We could have warehouses stacked to the roof with goods, and if no one is buying, then those warehouses become a glut of inventory, and production would stop. If a company makes 100,000,000 widgets, and no one is buying widgets, then the company would have to lay-off workers and close the doors. On the other hand, if there is a strong demand for widgets, the same company may need to hire additional employees in order to supply the demand.
hey smarty pants.. if only a few have money for widgets and or food, who's gonna create all the coffins and fire hoses to put out the riots? you smart people sure are dumb

. All the supply in the world can't create jobs if no one is buying..

dear, you lack the IQ for this, but let me try anyway. Supply is only supply when people can afford it and want it. A million dollar Iphone 6 or billion dollar farm plow is not supply until genius Republicans can make it so you can afford it.

Simple enough?

Anything under $15 an hour should not be considered a job. "you pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.". Real jobs are created when those with needed skills are able to use their skills to leverage against the employer and negotiate a fair salary.
Anytime there is a need for someone to perform a task, and someone agrees to perform that task, a job is created. The rate of pay does not classify the task as either a job, or not a job. If someone agrees to mow my lawn for $10.00, and I agree to hire them to mow my lawn, a job is created. If a worker agrees to flip burgers for $8.00 an hour, and an employers agrees to pay that worker $8.00 an hour, a job is created. Of course the rate of pay generally increases with the level of skills and education. An engineer can demand more money than a dog groomer. Different skill levels, different pay rate.

Anytime there is a need for someone to perform a task, and someone agrees to perform that task, a job is created. The rate of pay does not classify the task as either a job, or not a job. If someone agrees to mow my lawn for $10.00, and I agree to hire them to mow my lawn, a job is created. If a worker agrees to flip burgers for $8.00 an hour, and an employers agrees to pay that worker $8.00 an hour, a job is created. Of course the rate of pay generally increases with the level of skills and education. An engineer can demand more money than a dog groomer. Different skill levels, different pay rate.

yes you are correct but the issue is, does Republican supply side economics create jobs or does Democrat demand side economics.

Their must be demand for something in order for it to create enough profit so a wage of let's say $20 per hour can be offered. Anyone who considers 7.25 an hour a job that one should work hard in is frankly an idiot. Those jobs are low pay which should equal low effort. The more you pay, the harder one will work. Its part of basic capitalism. I owned my own construction business for 27 years...I didn't hire unless their was a demand for my services that required I hired more workers. Beginning pay was a flat $19.75 per hour and after sixth months that moved to $21 per hour with 10 days sick time and holidays plus birthday off. I attracted good hard working people. I could have paid less and hired more... but that would not have made sense.

. All the supply in the world can't create jobs if no one is buying..

dear, you lack the IQ for this, but let me try anyway. Supply is only supply when people can afford it and want it. A million dollar Iphone 6 or billion dollar farm plow is not supply until genius Republicans can make it so you can afford it.

Simple enough?
Very funny. FYI - Supply is the result of demand. No one is going to produce anything that they can't sell. And, in order to sell something, there first has to be a buyer ( demand ). Does that compute or make sense? Your IQ remark is very childish. Why not try to discuss and debate issues like an adult and be civil about it? Is that beyond you?

- Supply is the result of demand.

no dear, 100% illiterate!! Demand is constant. people always
demanded food clothing shelter wheels plows nails etc. etc They only got them when Republican supply siders supplied them. Now you know where real jobs come from and where real economic growth comes from. Thank you.

It is an honor to serve the lowly liberals among us.

yes you are correct but the issue is, does Republican supply side economics create jobs or does Democrat demand side economics.
What? Are you saying that we have a Republican job market and a Democrat job market? What's the difference between the two? I have never in my life every heard of a Republican or a Democrat job market. Can you direct me to where I can research that, please? FYI - Jobs are created through the demand for goods and services, and for R&D, period. There is no other way to create jobs, none. The demand for a product(s) or service(s) creates a job(s). If there is no demand for a product or service, then no such product will be produced, and no such service will be performed. If company XYZ produces widgets, and there's no market for widgets, then company XYZ will go out of business. But, if there's a demand for widgets, then company XYZ may have to hire more employees in order to satisfy their customers' needs. It has absolutely nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats. Neither Republicans nor Democrats dictate how many burgers McDonald's sells. There are no Republican jobs, nor are there Democrat jobs. Jobs are jobs,

Agreed. No demand equals no need to hire. Increased demand may lead to more manpower needed.

- Supply is the result of demand.

no dear, 100% illiterate!! Demand is constant. people always
demanded food clothing shelter wheels plows nails etc. etc They only got them when Republican supply siders supplied them. Now you know where real jobs come from and where real economic growth comes from. Thank you.

It is an honor to serve the lowly liberals among us.
You are really very childish and silly in your remarks. Your age? Yes, I agree that there will always be a demand for certain products and services, that's a given. Yes, people wear clothing, they eat, they need shelter, water, and health care. But, other items are NOT necessities. People do not need cell phones, TV's, wall clocks, computers, microwave ovens, coffee makers, and many other products. When people have spendable income, they buy. When people can afford to buy, they don't buy. When the economy is booming, and jobs are plentiful, demand is very high for goods and services. But, during hard economic times, and money is tight, spending drops off and the manufacturing and supply side cuts back production and inventory. Thus the reason we have lay-offs, and in some cases, businesses close, even business bankruptcies. Please try hard to discuss this issue in an adult and civil manner. Thanks.

When people have spendable income, they buy..

dear, how stupid are you?? Nothing gives people spendable income like a loaf of bread for $4 that would cost $500 without Republicans figuring out how to supply it for $4.

Simple enough for you??

Forum List

Back