How I'm Honoring the 9/11 victims 7 years later

SwingVoter

VIP Member
Aug 30, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
by reminding everyone that the world isn't that dangerous

3,000 people died that day, and we've lost even more than that in the wars, all these people deserve all the honor and respect in the world

but since 9/11, 250,000 Americans have died in traffic accidents, about 40x the number of American military and civilian casualties in the war on terror, and nearly 200,000 have been murder victims, and the biggest tragedy DHS has had to deal with in W's 2nd term wasn't a crazy terrorist, but a hurricane

point is we're overdoing it with all the talk of global fear and danger, we need to still go after the Taliban aggressively, but the media panicking about Iran, Russia, and every other country with an aggressive leader has gone over the top

• Thanks
Reactions: del

3,000 people died that day, and we've lost even more than that in the wars, all these people deserve all the honor and respect in the world

but since 9/11, 250,000 Americans have died in traffic accidents, about 40x the number of American military and civilian casualties in the war on terror, and nearly 200,000 have been murder victims, and the biggest tragedy DHS has had to deal with in W's 2nd term wasn't a crazy terrorist, but a hurricane

point is we're overdoing it with all the talk of global fear and danger, we need to still go after the Taliban aggressively, but the media panicking about Iran, Russia, and every other country with an aggressive leader has gone over the top

most un-patriotic thing i have read/seen/heard in months.(unless you count yo-bama and his wife)

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Got any idea why the world isn't that dangerous and why the biggest thing we have had to deal with is a hurricane?

Truth hurt's sweety and it's my war too, just as it is yours. It sucks, trust me when I tell you it sucks, but it is ours.

except I don't buy it for a second. The whole we're fighting them over there... thing.. ptooye...

while at the same time firing the farsi interpreters who reaqlly CAN prevent terrorism because a bunch of them are gay.

Great anti-terrorism measures.

And thing is, there were 7 years between the two world trade center bombings... they are patient and they'll wait.

And instead of greater security at ports; railways; nuclear facilities; food and water sources, they're nation building in Iraq.

And that's the truth... not my war... not my president... except nominally given I never supported the first and the second has never stood for a single pov that represents me.

your choice of words indicate pretend patriotism.... I'm not sure why some on the right love these jingoistic displays while supporting the destruction of the things that actually DO make this country great.

that is just your biased interpretation of my words. you assume i am a right winger so therefore my words are incorrect.

which is fine, we all are entitled to our ignorant interpretation.

:clap2: :clap2:

What about the people who lived that day, what about honoring them.
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/and...06/09/why-are-ground-zero-workers-getting.htm

We shouldn't honor them once a year in the year. We should do so everyday.

Everytime you see a Police Officer or Fireman/Firewoman? Thank them.

Write a letter to them, even the smallest things can mean the most.

Honestly, it's like Veterans day to me; we should honor them everyday. Not just one day a year.

Btw: Your link doesn't work.

except I don't buy it for a second. The whole we're fighting them over there... thing.. ptooye...

while at the same time firing the farsi interpreters who reaqlly CAN prevent terrorism because a bunch of them are gay.

Great anti-terrorism measures.

And thing is, there were 7 years between the two world trade center bombings... they are patient and they'll wait.

And instead of greater security at ports; railways; nuclear facilities; food and water sources, they're nation building in Iraq.

And that's the truth... not my war... not my president... except nominally given I never supported the first and the second has never stood for a single pov that represents me.

fair enough

We shouldn't honor them once a year in the year. We should do so everyday.

Everytime you see a Police Officer or Fireman/Firewoman? Thank them.

Write a letter to them, even the smallest things can mean the most.

Honestly, it's like Veterans day to me; we should honor them everyday. Not just one day a year.

Btw: Your link doesn't work.

so we should honor them every day, that i can appreciate.

what i can't appreciate is the comment "the world isn't that dangerous".

so what you are saying is, i should tell those families of those who fell during 9/11 "the world really isn't that dangerous, your mother/father/daughter/son/brother/sister just picked the wrong card that day."?

so we should honor them every day, that i can appreciate.

what i can't appreciate is the comment "the world isn't that dangerous".

so what you are saying is, i should tell those families of those who fell during 9/11 "the world really isn't that dangerous, your mother/father/daughter/son/brother/sister just picked the wrong card that day."?

The world itself is a dangerous place. However, the threat of dying in a terrorist attack in the US is small. You have a better chance of dying in a car accident.

They really did get the bad luck of being on those flights that day. I mean they could of been on a different one, one for a different time,etc.

Think about all those people who were in the WTC, they were just doing their jobs on a regular sunny New York day. You think they expected a airplane to come flying into their building? No, of course not.

The world itself is a dangerous place. However, the threat of dying in a terrorist attack in the US is small. You have a better chance of dying in a car accident.

They really did get the bad luck of being on those flights that day. I mean they could of been on a different one, one for a different time,etc.

Think about all those people who were in the WTC, they were just doing their jobs on a regular sunny New York day. You think they expected a airplane to come flying into their building? No, of course not.

i have to agree.

mr. unpatriotic(swingvoter?) can be the first to tell the families of people who fell in 9/11 that the world is not that dangerous. oh, jillian you can too.

Forum List

Back