How I'm Honoring the 9/11 victims 7 years later

it's a wonderful thing the school system is better in the u.s.a then australia.

I have lived in both countries..and i have to say that the average aussie is alot more educated... better sense of humour and also seem to know alot more about the world than the average blinkered american.

I have lived in both countries..and i have to say that the average aussie is alot more educated... better sense of humour and also seem to know alot more about the world than the average blinkered american.

Now you've done the 'been everywhere' story to death, you're no doubt going to give us the 'lived everywhere' routine.:lol:

BTW how many valid passports do you possess?

and that "average blinkered american" is still more aware than you have shown youself to be

no religion in europe :lol:

except I don't buy it for a second. The whole we're fighting them over there... thing.. ptooye...

while at the same time firing the farsi interpreters who reaqlly CAN prevent terrorism because a bunch of them are gay.

Great anti-terrorism measures.

And thing is, there were 7 years between the two world trade center bombings... they are patient and they'll wait.

And instead of greater security at ports; railways; nuclear facilities; food and water sources, they're nation building in Iraq.

And that's the truth... not my war... not my president... except nominally given I never supported the first and the second has never stood for a single pov that represents me.

Is your war... is your President... but I and other vets would love it if you would leave and revoke your citizenship so that you can say that statement in a truthful manner

The use of fear to make this country a lesser nation will be one of the negative things future historians will take from Iraq, torture, and the loss of rights. Sad that a fool selected by the SCOTUS was in office at this time.

"Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." Hermann Goering

I'm much more likely to die from the cold this winter than from terrorists.

Much more likely to die from a car accident too... but that is not relevant to the situation... but it does make for a nice attempt to set up for a slogan

But it still does not mean that you do not fight the evil of terrorism

Honor the 9-11 victims by not electing the clone of the man that blew off the cia when they flew to crawford texas to warn him of the imminent danger.

Bush has had more vacation than any other president ever. McCain is older than dirty. McCain doesn't even show up to the Senate to vote anymore. He will shatter Bush's vacation record. Mccain is lazy campaigning. He's trying to cheat/lie his way in. Sound familiar?

McCain is a war monger. Bush used 9-11 to go to war with Iraq. McCain tried to use Georgia/Russia for political reasons. Sound familiar? Bomb Bomb Iran? I think not.

Bush/McCain's plans have increased the number of terrorists who want to harm us. Is it harder to harm us today? Sure, but is it impossible? No. So we don't want McCain fanning the flames of terrorism. Deal with terrorists but don't do things that create more terrorists. Such as torture, which McCain is for, even though he himself was tortured.

It must have worked on him. He says he gave the Viet Kong the Defensive linemen of the Greenbay packers when they tortured him. So then why would he approve torture?

I say he sang like a songbird and knows torture works. At least on him it did.

I'm siding with Chapstick on this one: Mr. Swingvoter, you are being unpatriotic.

How can anyone downplay the terrible and horrifying possibilities of the times. How can you not be mortally afraid of the terrorists, lurking around possibly in every streetcorner in America, waiting for your children to go to school to molest them, and to rob your grandmother's purse, or to sell illegal narcotics to the children at schools? We need the state to protect us from all these evils, evil foreigners that come in to commit heinous crimes and pillage America's wealth and take away our jobs? We need the state to protect us! What are you going to do while relaxing in your suburban home and the bombs start dropping at the command of the Axis Powers, Putin, Ahmedinejad and Chavez overseen by Castro as their hordes of radical islamo-communist fundamentalists are ramming through the golden gates of America? You need the STATE to protect you! And for the STATE to protect you efficiently, you need to have UNDYING, UNCONDITIONAL, FANATICAL fears of everything else.

So please, before doing the inconceivable and telling your countrymen to not be afraid, remember that we all rely on everyone's totally irrational fear of each other and the world to support our State in the face of the imminent danger in every square inch of this great nation. Long Live the State!

Forum List

Back