How George Soros Became The Subject Of So Many Far-Right Conspiracies

CEO pay has skyrocketed 1,460% since 1978 CEOs were paid 399 times as much as a typical worker in 2021​

If this is true, trickle down doesn't work. The gap between rich and rest of us has just widened BECAUSE of Reaganomics.

I love it that you can't give your economic policies a name. How about Horse Shit?

As I've already told you, "trickle down" is just an insulting pejorative the left invented to refer to market economics.

The name of my economic policy? Low taxes. Less spending. No Republican ever use the term "trickle down."

What do you call the Republicans approach?

What do you call Biden's approach? I love it! It's called take care of the middle class first. Make sure they have enough money to spend and save. If the middle class is booming, the rich do well. And if the middle class is booming, the poor have no excuse. If they want to get out of poverty, they can.

With the Reagan, Bush or Trump way you make the rich richer and hope that "trickles down". Trump proved this not to be a good approach. Think about that MASSIVE tax break he gave us all in the beginning. That should have given us a decade of 4, 6, maybe even 6% growth. But what did it get us? 2.3% GDP. Obama had 2.2. Was it worth it? Fuck no! So trickle down doesn't work.

I shouldn't say it doesn't work because actually, I've seen it does work. My brother is a multi millionaire. Why he needed a tax break I'll never know. But he got one. So they had all this money and no where to put it. They weren't going to open a business. Interest rates sucked. This is probably why his wife agreed to let him buy the property up north. Yesterday I was telling someone else how much he alone has done to spin the economy up in that small town up north Michigan. Small towns, people with not a lot of money. That city has to love a millionaire coming in and spending all that money rather than have a new factory that brings in poor and middle class people. Then the town is no longer small and cute. It becomes more of a big city with crime and minorities.

I believe to buy land up there and build it has to be at least 5 acres? If not you have to get approval to build a subdivision. This one guy got approval and he has the land all set up and for sale signs but so far no one is buying homes in his subdivision. But rich people like my brother are buying up 5 plus acres and putting sweet cottages on them.

OMG we went to this one guys home. His kid goes to school with my nephew. This guy is filthy rich too and he had his log cabin home on something like 500 acres custom built. Logs brought in from the UP or Canada. Boulders brought in from Canada or the UP. It is a home you could only dream about.

But the problem with the GOP is their policies are all trickle down. And it doesn't work. Not when your corporations philosophy is instead of paying 50 employees $100K you prefer instead to hire 100 employees and only pay them $50K. That is the GOP dream. Hence why you are the party for the rich, not labor.
Inheritance Contradicts and Destroys Capitalism

As I've already told you, "trickle down" is just an insulting pejorative the left invented to refer to market economics.

The name of my economic policy? Low taxes. Less spending. No Republican ever use the term "trickle down."

Well whatever you choose to call it doesn’t matter really. We had a tax structure that was working. Then Reagan cut taxes on the rich and said it would trickle down to the rest of us. And it didn’t happen. It didn’t work.

But bush cut the rich and corporations even more.

Trump too.

Have you seen the debt? Do you see our infrastructure is crumbling? Do you see our social programs being cut?

Please stop asking us to lower rich peoples taxes anymore.

Ps. Bush used clintons surplus to pass his tax break to the rich. Remember ours would expire but not their breaks? Then he lied us into iraq. Imagine the shift in our funds when we both gave rich people a huge tax break and we started a long costly war. And you liked bush. Remember?

Well whatever you choose to call it doesn’t matter really. We had a tax structure that was working. Then Reagan cut taxes on the rich and said it would trickle down to the rest of us. And it didn’t happen. It didn’t work.
Only the brainwashed believe it was working. Do you remember stagflation? That was the product of your high tax system that was "working."

But bush cut the rich and corporations even more.

Trump too.
And the economy boomed as a result.

Have you seen the debt? Do you see our infrastructure is crumbling? Do you see our social programs being cut?
Social programs haven't been cut, our infrastructure is fine. The debt is the result of giving Congress a blank check.

Please stop asking us to lower rich peoples taxes anymore.
Your free to pay whatever taxes you like. Quit demanding that I pay them.

Ps. Bush used clintons surplus to pass his tax break to the rich. Remember ours would expire but not their breaks? Then he lied us into iraq. Imagine the shift in our funds when we both gave rich people a huge tax break and we started a long costly war. And you liked bush. Remember?

I'm not going to quibble about the details. Everything you post about them will be a lie

Only the brainwashed believe it was working. Do you remember stagflation? That was the product of your high tax system that was "working."

Social programs haven't been cut, our infrastructure is fine. The debt is the result of giving Congress a blank check.

I'm not going to quibble about the details. Everything you post about them will be a lie

Oh come on bro. We can think of better ways to fix stagflation than giving rich people and corporations tax breaks when we need the money.

At least it made sense when Bush passed his tax break. That is, until he lied us to war in Iraq. But he used Clinton's surplus as justification to give those tax breaks. I disagree though for 2 reasons.

1. If we have a protected surplus, then let's start paying down the debt

2. A "projected" surplus relies on the next president not lying us into a very long and costly war.

No the economy didn't boom. Trump's tax break didn't do shit to GDP. And Bush let us into the Greatest Recession since the Great Depression. The Bush years were not good years. Not for manufacturing and that's the most important industry in an economy. Bush grew what? Government jobs, service jobs? Dollar store and walmart jobs? All white the rich did great!!! Yes, the 2000's were a Republicans eutopia. Much better for the rich than the Clinton 90's. Employees made too much in the 90's. But Reaganomics and Bushanomics would fix that.

Inheritance Contradicts and Destroys Capitalism

That's why I'm all for an extra tax on inheritance over $10 million. 50% tax. So if my parents left me and my brother $20 million we would get $15 million. The other $5 million goes into Social Security Fund. Time for the rich to give back the money they "stole" from us legally through Reagan, Bush and Trump.

And the people who earned the money are dead. Can't feel sorry for them. And their kids still get $7.5 million each.

But, but, but SOROS is a Jew! Yet they support Israel. Why the dissonance? Because they are awaiting the End Times. :rofl:

Dystopian troglodytes

Maybe Soros, like me, really hates the GOP? I'm not rich but I'm better off than most of these Republicans on USMB. And if I'm not, then it's pretty funny they are trying to tell us the GOP is not the party for the rich when they themselves are rich. Clearly the democrats want to make the middle class richer and that doesn't make the rich happy. That's why the rich, at least the greedy ones, donate MORE to Republicans. That's why they pushed to get DARK MONEY approved via Citizens United. They don't worry about the RICH taking over our politics. In fact that's great for them.

Anyways, I wanted to share this story I just saw

GOP Megadonor Pulls Plug On Ron DeSantis, Cites Abortion And Book Bans​

So any rich person who's a Democrat, doesn't care if Democrats raise their taxes. After all, they're rich. But even these GOP Mega donors hate the GOP as much as I do. So of course they then donate to Democrats. Democrats aren't anti rich people. They're just for more just fair and equitable society for all. Not just the rich.

ty

Coming from you the statement is considered praise

Let's get this conversation back on track. Republicans here are furious about Hunter Biden getting a job where they paid him $500,000 a year. The insist there must be some quid pro quo going on. What have the Biden's given back to that company in exchange for giving Hunter a job? And his sister in law got $30,000 for something. Does all this sound a bit shady? Sure.

But what about these two stories?

1. Trump sells Saudi's nuclear technology and weapons/fighter planes. Things we would have never sold them before. 2 months after Trump leaves office the Saudi's give Jared Kushner $2 BILLION dollars. And no one is asking why? Why is that? It's because it's all perfectly legal. Shady? Sure looks shady. But it's all legal. Just like the job Hunter got.

The outlet detailed the sale of three properties in Savannah, Georgia, to Harlan Crow, a Texas billionaire and longtime friend of Thomas and his wife. It’s the first known instance of money going directly from Crow to Thomas.
The three properties — a home and two vacant lots — were purchased by Crow for $133,363 from the justice, his mother and the family of his late brother. Contractors later made improvements to one of the properties where Thomas’ mother still lives. The deal included a provision that she live there rent-free for the rest of her life, although she pays property taxes and insurance.

Crow said last week he purchased the three properties at “market rate” to someday “create a public museum at the Thomas home” dedicated to his life. (He still owns the home, but has since sold the vacant lots.)

So now we know not only does this guy take Clarence on lavish trips, he also purchased Clarences moms home and continues to let her live there for the rest of her life? Does anyone believe he's going to make it into a shrine for the 2nd black Supreme Court justice? ANYONE? I didn't think so. So here is a clear example of a rich person bribing a conservative justice. Clarence needs to stop down.

Oh come on bro. We can think of better ways to fix stagflation than giving rich people and corporations tax breaks when we need the money.
The way to fight inflation is to cut government deficit spending. I never claimed tax cts would end it. Dms always want to spend more than we earn.

At least it made sense when Bush passed his tax break. That is, until he lied us to war in Iraq. But he used Clinton's surplus as justification to give those tax breaks. I disagree though for 2 reasons.

1. If we have a protected surplus, then let's start paying down the debt

2. A "projected" surplus relies on the next president not lying us into a very long and costly war.
Congress will never pay down the debt. It will always spend more than the government receives. That's the nature of a kleptocracy.

The way to fight inflation is to cut government deficit spending. I never claimed tax cts would end it. Dms always want to spend more than we earn.

Congress will never pay down the debt. It will always spend more than the government receives. That's the nature of a kleptocracy.
Listen fool. I'm not going to go along with cutting any more social programs that benefit the middle class and poor just so you can give or keep tax breaks in place for billionaires. Stop it!

What do you want to cut? Let's hear it. The IRS? Of course! So we can't go after the $1 trillion dollars a year rich people are stealing from us.

So then don't worry about spending. Spending keeps the economy going. Don't worry about debt. When social security goes broke, just print more money to fund it.

Stop cutting social programs. If you aren't worried about the debt why make those cuts?

That's why I'm all for an extra tax on inheritance over $10 million. 50% tax. So if my parents left me and my brother $20 million we would get $15 million. The other $5 million goes into Social Security Fund. Time for the rich to give back the money they "stole" from us legally through Reagan, Bush and Trump.

And the people who earned the money are dead. Can't feel sorry for them. And their kids still get $7.5 million each.

No, its time that the govt do without. They've been wasting money on endless wars and social programs for too long.

If he were the exact same person but donated to conservative causes, he would be seen as the antichrist by the left. He is a soulless, sleezy hedge fund manager who bought himself a reputation with the left for not being the exact person they otherwise vilify.

You mean like the billionaire who illegally bribes Clarence Thomas? If you don't like Soros legally donating, you must agree Clarence Thomas needs to step down after this was revealed right?

There are two distressing aspects to the scandal of Justice Clarence Thomas’s years of accepting luxurious vacations and private jet trips from a billionaire, as revealed last week in a damning investigation by ProPublica.

The first is that these gifts came from a man who seems to have strong feelings about issues that come before the Supreme Court. The second is the lack of bipartisan outrage at malfeasance that corrodes the standing of the nation’s highest court.

Suggesting that Democrats and Republicans agree on anything involving the Supreme Court these days sounds like the ramblings of a madman. But it is worth recalling that the last time such serious allegations were made against a sitting justice, Congress did respond firmly and in bipartisan fashion. Justice Abe Fortas’s departure from the court in 1969 is both a blueprint for how lawmakers could respond today and a benchmark of how far we have fallen.

Fortas, a Democratic appointee, got caught up in a scandal that involved much smaller dollar amounts than the lavish trips Justice Thomas took, even factoring in inflation.

This I got from the NY Times.

You mean like the billionaire who illegally bribes Clarence Thomas? If you don't like Soros legally donating, you must agree Clarence Thomas needs to step down after this was revealed right?

There are two distressing aspects to the scandal of Justice Clarence Thomas’s years of accepting luxurious vacations and private jet trips from a billionaire, as revealed last week in a damning investigation by ProPublica.

The first is that these gifts came from a man who seems to have strong feelings about issues that come before the Supreme Court. The second is the lack of bipartisan outrage at malfeasance that corrodes the standing of the nation’s highest court.

Suggesting that Democrats and Republicans agree on anything involving the Supreme Court these days sounds like the ramblings of a madman. But it is worth recalling that the last time such serious allegations were made against a sitting justice, Congress did respond firmly and in bipartisan fashion. Justice Abe Fortas’s departure from the court in 1969 is both a blueprint for how lawmakers could respond today and a benchmark of how far we have fallen.

Fortas, a Democratic appointee, got caught up in a scandal that involved much smaller dollar amounts than the lavish trips Justice Thomas took, even factoring in inflation.

That's because there was no law barring justices fro accepting hospitality. It wasn't even an ethics violation.

Thomas didn't take any money, moron. Accepting a ride on a plane is not a bribe.

That's because there was no law barring justices fro accepting hospitality. It wasn't even an ethics violation.

Just report it.

How about how the guy purchased Clarence's moms home and she still lives in it?

Come on dude. He has to disclose this stuff. He didn't. Why? Two reasons

1. It's unethical

2. It will look shady

You're acting like the Supreme Court Justice doesn't know the laws.

Thomas didn't take any money, moron. Accepting a ride on a plane is not a bribe.
Yea, the billionaire purchased his moms home because he wants to one day turn it into a museum.

What do they say about meeting your heros? They'll just disappoint you. Not this time. The guy loves Clarence so much he wants to build him a museum. Right next to his Nazi memorabilia museum.

Let's get this conversation back on track. Republicans here are furious about Hunter Biden getting a job where they paid him $500,000 a year. The insist there must be some quid pro quo going on. What have the Biden's given back to that company in exchange for giving Hunter a job? And his sister in law got $30,000 for something. Does all this sound a bit shady? Sure.

But what about these two stories?

1. Trump sells Saudi's nuclear technology and weapons/fighter planes. Things we would have never sold them before. 2 months after Trump leaves office the Saudi's give Jared Kushner $2 BILLION dollars. And no one is asking why? Why is that? It's because it's all perfectly legal. Shady? Sure looks shady. But it's all legal. Just like the job Hunter got.

The outlet detailed the sale of three properties in Savannah, Georgia, to Harlan Crow, a Texas billionaire and longtime friend of Thomas and his wife. It’s the first known instance of money going directly from Crow to Thomas.
The three properties — a home and two vacant lots — were purchased by Crow for $133,363 from the justice, his mother and the family of his late brother. Contractors later made improvements to one of the properties where Thomas’ mother still lives. The deal included a provision that she live there rent-free for the rest of her life, although she pays property taxes and insurance.

Crow said last week he purchased the three properties at “market rate” to someday “create a public museum at the Thomas home” dedicated to his life. (He still owns the home, but has since sold the vacant lots.)

So now we know not only does this guy take Clarence on lavish trips, he also purchased Clarences moms home and continues to let her live there for the rest of her life? Does anyone believe he's going to make it into a shrine for the 2nd black Supreme Court justice? ANYONE? I didn't think so. So here is a clear example of a rich person bribing a conservative justice. Clarence needs to stop down.
great post

Tried to hide it all. Got caught. You support the creepiest people.

Forum List

Back