How electable would a far-left presidential candidate be?

What you guys need to understand about this far-right/far-left comparison is that the moderates are now seen as the far left. The reason is because the far right has moved further to the right. It's no longer about tax cuts and strong defense...it's about invading other nations that didn't attack us and secession and civil war if they don't get their way.

Whether or not the Democrats can hold the left wing is not important in this binary system...who else would they vote for? That the GOP willingly gives up the middle is likely the key reason that it has won exactly one popular vote since 1992.
people like Dean,guno,dottie and Franco are not moderates......they are far left.....and there are lots of them out there.......

Yeah, I was pointing out the national political landscape.

Romney is not conservative. SHow me one person in the GOP who said he was.
I appreciate your compliments about my expertise, esp coming from a tranny like you

You're the authority on black cock...you mention it every time you can for some reason. I think you were probably a crack baby or started smoking the pipe at the early age if you know what I mean.

Who says he's a conservative? Mitt Romney for one.
That's a fail. Werent you one of the ones talking about how Obamacare was just a national version of Romneycare? WHat makes you think that's conservative?

The same things that made you think Rick Perry's mandatory Gardasil injections for all girls in the 6th grade in Texas is a sign of conservatism...or did you not know about that?

What the ACA does is force people to pay for insurance so they aren't using public monies when they show up at the County trama center. Either that or they pay a penalty on their income taxes. Basically it makes you be responsible for your own healthcare costs.

You'd have to have turned off Fox News long enough to understand it. So it's no wonder that you don't know.
Gosh, how many fallacies were packed into that one post?
For starters just because someone is a conservative does not mean everything they do is conservative. BEsides, I though you supported kids not getting sick.
Forced inoculations for kids in 6th grade.

Lets run down the list....

The inoculations were to prevent cevical cancer--not exactly something a lot of elementary aged kids get
The inoculations would be a series of 3 shots costing up to $140 per child (3 kids cost you $420)
The inoculations were only mandated after Perry's former COS became a representative of the company who produced the vaccine.
The inoculations were implemented by....wait for it....AN EXECUTIVE ORDER BY RICK PERRY

Yes. the same thing you call unconstitutional was attempted by Rick Perry. I guess its only unconstitutional when the black guy does it...right?

Second, how does offering subsidies to people for insurance mean they arent using public funds?
Subsidize=pay part of the costs
Non-subsidize=pay all of the costs.
Most people would think it's a better idea that the user of the service should pay at least some of the costs and taxpayers should pay as little as possible. I'm not sure why you favor the taxpayers paying all of it as they were before the ACA.

Most people who go to ERs actually have insurance.
Factually incorrect. Those going to the County hospitals are the uninsured. Hence the "county hospital" dumbass.
Someone light the fuse on your tampon this morning?

Elementary school kids will not be elementary school kids forever.
EOs in Texas are not EOs in Washington. Different rules and all that.
The subsidies will end up being much more than uninsured people cost now as many more people who had previously paid their own way, or had their employer do it, will qualify for gov't subsidies.

And your statement about county hospitals is of course a mere assertion, unsupported by any fact.

They also aren't going to get an STD...especially not in the numbers to warrant compulsory inoculations for all dem women-folk.
Eos in Texas are not EOs in Washington. Different rules and all that.
Both bypass Congress or the legislature and implement the will of one man. The only difference is that Rick Perry is white and wants you give your kids mandatory dangerous shots and you're okay with that Executive Order.

And your statement about county hospitals is of course a mere assertion, unsupported by any fact.

Its where they take you if you don't have insurance. Fact.
If they do take you elsewhere, they take you there as soon as you stabilize. Fact.
You're ignorant and embarrassing yourself. Fact.

They also aren't going to get an STD...especially not in the numbers to warrant compulsory inoculations for all dem women-folk.
Both bypass Congress or the legislature and implement the will of one man. The only difference is that Rick Perry is white and wants you give your kids mandatory dangerous shots and you're okay with that Executive Order.

If they do take you elsewhere, they take you there as soon as you stabilize. Fact.
Wow, a whole lot of nothing except mere assertions.
Can you predict which girls will be sexually active? I would have thought you wanted to protect women from disease. How much is a child's life worth to you?
Since when have you cared about bypassing Congress? In any case Perry's action was different because he operates under a different set of laws with different expectations. Your race card shows just how desperate you are for any talking point at all.
But all of this is mere distraction from the main point, which is that Romney is not a conservative by any stretch ofthe imagination. But Obama is a leftist by every measure.

What you guys need to understand about this far-right/far-left comparison is that the moderates are now seen as the far left. The reason is because the far right has moved further to the right. It's no longer about tax cuts and strong defense...it's about invading other nations that didn't attack us and secession and civil war if they don't get their way.

Whether or not the Democrats can hold the left wing is not important in this binary system...who else would they vote for? That the GOP willingly gives up the middle is likely the key reason that it has won exactly one popular vote since 1992.
people like Dean,guno,dottie and Franco are not moderates......they are far left.....and there are lots of them out there.......

Yeah, I was pointing out the national political landscape.
there are still many of those jerks out there Candy.....i put the far left at least at 20% of the lefties out there.....same with the far right ....but the right might reach 25-30% in their crowd....

Wow, a whole lot of nothing except mere assertions.
No, I simply use facts and you hate it; you hate it almost as much as you love black cock.

Can you predict which girls will be sexually active? I would have thought you wanted to protect women from disease.

I want women to be able to make their own health care choices. You seem to trust the government to issue EXECUTIVE ORDERS to force girls to get a mandatory series of shots at their own expense

Tell me...there aren't a lot of members of the Third Reich left. During the meetings, do you guys still have a roll call?

Since when have you cared about bypassing Congress? In any case Perry's action was different because he operates under a different set of laws with different expectations. Your race card shows just how desperate you are for any talking point at all.
Different expectations? Oh brother, you really have shed any credibility you once had. You're either for the government being able to bypass congress or you aren't. It's not a color-coded power that only whites get.

But all of this is mere distraction from the main point, which is that Romney is not a conservative by any stretch ofthe imagination. But Obama is a leftist by every measure.

If Obama is a leftist, so is Rick Perry according to your definitions.

Very. In fact, the "left's" only chance this time around will be running a communist in-all-but-name-only.

For the record, as much as I hate Obama, when examined, he leans to the "right" with his Wall Street bailouts and cronies (the first major action he took in office) and Romneycare, a fascist edict written and since edited by the corporations, for the corporations behind their frontman Obama. For the one good thing it did for me (allowed me to hop onto my grandfather's union plan until I'm 26) and did a lot more horror (forced me to drop my health insurance plan since I lost over half my income from my hour being cut from 52 to 30, and having to get a second job).

Obama's only correlation the actual left is his gun grabbing agenda. And we all know that Neocons only pretend to support the Second Amendment in order to not spur the creation of a real conservative party.

Obama is gun grabbing Neocon, just like Hillary.

Beware of Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, they are flaming communists that will attempt to "reform the Democratic party." Warren/Sanders will be your next ticket (or something very close to that).

The thread poses an interesting question, but who would be considered a far-left presidential candidate, specifically?

Kusinich, possibly Sharpton...Al Franken if he runs.
Sharpton?......oh lordy.....

Well, the question was asked....

Thanks to Clinton, people have forgotten how liberal the Democrats used to be. This running around calling Hillary and Obama leftist is one thing and one thing only...a signal that the person calling them that has zero understanding of recent history.

The thread poses an interesting question, but who would be considered a far-left presidential candidate, specifically?

Bernie Sanders, Al Franken, Ron Wyden, Keith Ellison, Bill De Blasio, John Lewis....umm....that one latino mayor from San Antonio....

Beware of Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, they are flaming communists that will attempt to "reform the Democratic party." Warren/Sanders will be your next ticket (or something very close to that).

Warren is only fiscally liberal, I'm not really sure how socially liberal she really is. Remember she used to be a registered Republican back in the 90's.

People just think "Elizabeth Warren" and they think "SCREAMING HARDCORE LIBERAL!!" but it's not entirely true.

Forum List

Back