HOW Do YOU WIN A WAR?

If he's saying either do it right or don't do it at all....I completely agree. With ISIS we will be forced to stop being half assed about it.
You will not have to go and die, or send American men to die. Easy for you to say
At least she said something relevant, and got it right.

You did neither.
That would be your opinion. Many Americans are tired of soldiers dying in the Middle East. Why is it just America's problem? If it is such a huge problem, let Europe and Middle eastern countries get involved too.

the RW's love terrorists... fighting splinter groups of killers spread allover the world affords them the ability to be arm chair Generals fighting in a situation they can't possibly win, EVER ... ergo; they get to play soldier with other soldiers lives until they die giving them a purpose in their empty lives.

sad ..

Gen. George Patton once said, "No son of a b*tch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won the war by making the other son of a b*tch die for HIS country."

More exactly, the purpose of war is to frighten a nation or group (by slaughtering enough of their people and destroying enough of his property) into changing what they do.

Not to "send a message" or to "instruct them" or to "get even by delivering a measured response", as the left seems to think will work (has that EVER worked?)

Outstanding post, Acorn.

If he's saying either do it right or don't do it at all....I completely agree. With ISIS we will be forced to stop being half assed about it.
You will not have to go and die, or send American men to die. Easy for you to say
At least she said something relevant, and got it right.

You did neither.
That would be your opinion. Many Americans are tired of soldiers dying in the Middle East. Why is it just America's problem? If it is such a huge problem, let Europe and Middle eastern countries get involved too.

the RW's love terrorists... fighting splinter groups of killers spread allover the world affords them the ability to be arm chair Generals fighting in a situation they can't possibly win, EVER ... ergo; they get to play soldier with other soldiers lives until they die giving them a purpose in their empty lives.

sad ..
Far better than you wimps that hide under your blankets and pretend there are no bad guys in the world.

Really, genius? I volunteered to go to Iraq. Was there before, during and after the surge. My first stint was an entire year without leaving for one day....even Marines and grunts got time away.

I spent a lot of time traveling throughout the country under dangerous conditions.

So please go back to bed, you're boring me.

Why is ISIS and what happens in Iraq still our business??

America's economy is still in the toilet.....record unemployment.....illegals still flooding across the border......record debt.......race riots and looting.......another ebola case in Dallas.........NSA spying.......IRS targeting citizens.......paralyzed Congress......100's of gangs terrorize our city's......Detroit is worse than 3rd world.......bridges and infrastructure in terrible shape.......etc, etc, etc.

And now the U.S. government is spending 10's of millions per day to bomb a group of rag tag terrorists half way around the world in the middle of a desert. ..... :cuckoo:

And when your "Freedom Fighters" detonate a bomb here?

Really, genius? I volunteered to go to Iraq. Was there before, during and after the surge. My first stint was an entire year without leaving for one day....even Marines and grunts got time away.

I spent a lot of time traveling throughout the country under dangerous conditions.

So please go back to bed, you're boring me.
And I walked on the moon. The internet is GREAT.

Major General Raymond G. Davis, a Medal of Honor recipient in
the Korean War and commander of the 3rd Marine Division in
Vietnam, was a disciple of the legendary Marine General Lewis
"Chesty" Puller. "I kept remembering that the Puller outlook on
war was one of total dedication to the proposition that you go out
and find the enemy or guerrilla and destroy him.

Bush 41 employed this strategy for Operation Dessert Storm on the advice of General Powell.

My first inclination is to say that the best way to win a war is to avoid one in the first place. Everyone wins that kind of war. However, if war is a must and a nation decides to get involved they should do so with the aim of completely winning, wholeheartedly and decisively. I also believe in being extremely aggressive and winning quickly instead of drawing it out for years, and years, and years. Get in ... get the job done ... and get out.

One of the best ways to win a war is to cut off the supply chain and the money chain. Let the enemy dry out and wither away.

I agree with you to a point. However, if a primarily peaceful nation is forced to go to war then by the end of the war they OWN whatever they have had to fight for. I am very much an isolationist. This country is one of the few countries on Earth with the natural resources and brain power needed to just shut ourselves off from the rest of the world. I would do that and I would no longer engage in conflict that benefits multi national corporations. But, were I forced to go to war whatever country we had fought for would be ours by the end of the war.

Bush 41 employed this strategy for Operation Dessert Storm on the advice of General Powell.

My first inclination is to say that the best way to win a war is to avoid one in the first place. Everyone wins that kind of war. However, if war is a must and a nation decides to get involved they should do so with the aim of completely winning, wholeheartedly and decisively. I also believe in being extremely aggressive and winning quickly instead of drawing it out for years, and years, and years. Get in ... get the job done ... and get out.

One of the best ways to win a war is to cut off the supply chain and the money chain. Let the enemy dry out and wither away.

I agree with you to a point. However, if a primarily peaceful nation is forced to go to war then by the end of the war they OWN whatever they have had to fight for. I am very much an isolationist. This country is one of the few countries on Earth with the natural resources and brain power needed to just shut ourselves off from the rest of the world. I would do that and I would no longer engage in conflict that benefits multi national corporations. But, were I forced to go to war whatever country we had fought for would be ours by the end of the war.

I have no problem with keeping the spoils of war. War is costly and the winner wins the right to pay herself back (referring to nations in the feminine).

You win wars by taking Obozo out of the decision-making.

Forum List

Back