How do you respond to the interview question, "What is your greatest weakness?"

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by usmbguest5318, Jan 10, 2018.

1. usmbguest5318

usmbguest5318 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,771
    Insofar as it's my firm, I was party to the full interview conversation I had with the guy, and it's my practice unit within the firm, absolutely.

I don't volunteer my qualitative POV on the personal "life-level" decisions others make, unless, of course, they ask for it. In this thread, I most certainly did not ask for input on my hiring decision. What I asked is how they respond to the question I noted. You did answer that question, and you did so directly and with integrity. The consequence of your having enough courtesy to do so is that I'm willing to banter about various abstractions pertaining to the use of "brain teaser" interview questions.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. OldLady

OldLady Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,462
    If you re-read my response, I never said it wasn't. As a matter of fact, I specifically said it was up to you

3. usmbguest5318

usmbguest5318 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,771
    I take no exception with your doing so. I don't agree with your abstract perspective on the matter. We can each present our case on the matter, and that's fine. I certainly don't think ill of you for differing with me on it. I take exception with folks who, unlike you, step into the realm of presumptuousness.

The reason I wrote "absolutely," is because I don't volunteer my qualitative POV on the personal "life-level" decisions others make, unless, of course, they ask for it. In this thread, I most certainly did not ask for input on my hiring decision. What I asked is how they respond to the question I noted. You did answer that question, and you did so directly and with integrity, and it was clear you respect my decision in a situation that has nothing to do with you. The consequence of your having enough courtesy to do so is that I'm willing to banter about various abstractions pertaining to the use of "brain teaser" interview questions.

4. Penelope

Penelope Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,492
    So you didn't ask him why he has been told that?