How do you reconcile these two remarks....

There is a thing called attorney/client privilege. As a United States citizen who is equally protected under the laws of this nation, Mr. Hannity owes you absolutely no explanation. Deal with it.

Hannity says Cohen was never his lawyer. How can there be attorney client privalige when he was never his attorney? However, if he was his attorney

The Crime-Fraud Exception to the Attorney-Client Privilege
Not all attorney-client communications are privileged.
Whether the crime-fraud exception applies depends on the content and context of the communication. The exception covers communications about a variety of crimes and frauds, including (to name just a few):

• “suborning perjury” (asking an attorney to present testimony she knows is false)
  • destroying or concealing evidence
  • witness tampering, and
  • concealing income or assets.

This was already explained earlier in the thread. He never hired him for his services, but did get some legal advice, which is still covered under attorney/client privilege even if he never actually used his services as a lawyer.

If he didn't pay him there is no attorney/client privilege.

Well, obviously you have no clue what you are talking about. Attorney/client privilege extends to advice and counseling even if they are not paid or actually hired to do a job.

Was he a client or not? Cohen has a lot of client paperwork with his name on it.

So? Businesses keep paperwork! If the person should come to them again for more advice or to retain services, they want to be familiar with the case or the issue.

There is a thing called attorney/client privilege. As a United States citizen who is equally protected under the laws of this nation, Mr. Hannity owes you absolutely no explanation. Deal with it.

Hannity says Cohen was never his lawyer. How can there be attorney client privalige when he was never his attorney? However, if he was his attorney

Whether the crime-fraud exception applies depends on the content and context of the communication. The exception covers communications about a variety of crimes and frauds, including (to name just a few):

• “suborning perjury” (asking an attorney to present testimony she knows is false)
  • witness tampering, and

This was already explained earlier in the thread. He never hired him for his services, but did get some legal advice, which is still covered under attorney/client privilege even if he never actually used his services as a lawyer.

Money doesn't have to change hands. Lawyers do pro-bono work all the time. Cohen told the judge that Hannity was his client. There was no misunderstanding his claim. Was he lying?

He said he sought out his legal opinion before but never actually hired him as a lawyer. Why does this confuse you so much?

Because Cohen said he only had 3 clients, and Hannity was one of them. Cohen sought to protect Hannity paperwork under attorney client privelege. Either he was a client or he wasn't. One of them is lying. Which one do you think is lying?

• witness tampering, and

Well, obviously you have no clue what you are talking about. Attorney/client privilege extends to advice and counseling even if they are not paid or actually hired to do a job.

Was he a client or not? Cohen has a lot of client paperwork with his name on it.

What if he was a client? Why is that any of your business? He is a TV talk show host and a US citizen.

Look at you all, just digging and digging. Pathetic. Unless he was committing a crime, it is none of your business why he sought legal advice.

Potential crime is kinda why the records were subpoenaed. don't you think?

Was Hannity ever officially a client of this guy?

Yes or no?

Seems like a pretty straightforward question.
Cohen/his attorney says "yes." Hannity has some goddamned round-and-round explanation that sounds like "not" and "yes." Typical.

Look at you all, just digging and digging. Pathetic. Unless he was committing a crime, it is none of your business why he sought legal advice.

What crime is Sean Hannity accused of committing? Colluding with the Russians to help Trump win a presidential election? Ha ha! :D

• witness tampering, and

What if he was a client? Why is that any of your business? He is a TV talk show host and a US citizen.

If he was a client, why is Hannity lying about it?

You can seek our the advice of an attorney without actually becoming a paying client. What is so difficult to understand about this? I can call an attorney right now and ask him for advice. He can give me some free advice over the phone, and that is STILL covered under attorney/client confidentiality. Getting it yet? Good grief. *rolling my eyes*

In all likelihood, if I do call an attorney for some advice over the phone, he or she will keep records of it just in case I decide to retain their services for whatever. Do you understand the way things work in the real world?

I know many of you spend all day playing video games and posting ridiculous BS on internet forums, but PLEASE get yourself familiarized with how things operate and stop being stupid. Thanks.

1. Michael Cohen's lawyers averred in court that Sean Hannity is one of Michael Cohen's clients.
  2. Sean Hannity asserts that he was not at all Cohen's client.
    Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.
    -- Sean Hannity

Hannity: Cohen has never represented me - CNN Video
What is attorney-client privilege?

Well, the guy seemed to get FREE legal advice from Cohen. Maybe because he's Trump's lawyer and Trump was paying for it all.
Well, the guy seemed to get FREE legal advice from Cohen.
It doesn't seem like to me. Check out the linked video. In it, one'll hear Hannity explicitly state he received no legal advice form Cohen.

Note: I put a link on "legal advice" because what laymen would call "legal advice" and what attorneys call legal advices are often different. That difference is made clear upon one's putting an attorney on retainer or otherwise becoming a client of an attorney.

Correction:
I misspoke. Hannity does say he asked Cohen some legal questions.​

I get asked questions in my profession constantly. Most of those folks would never consider that they retained me nor would I consider them my client.

1. Michael Cohen's lawyers averred in court that Sean Hannity is one of Michael Cohen's clients.
    Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.
    -- Sean Hannity

Which means no paper trail.
It doesn't mean that.
  • Contemporaneous notes.
  • Contemporaneous recordings.

What crime is Sean Hannity accused of committing? Colluding with the Russians to help Trump win a presidential election? Ha ha! :D

You'll have to ask the US Attorney's Office in Manhattan (not Mueller) about that

-- Sean Hannity

Not at all surprising that Hannity would deny it given Cohen's apparant specialty of silencing women.

No doubt a story will come out shortly alleging a similar relationship Hannity has had.

-- Sean Hannity

Well, the guy seemed to get FREE legal advice from Cohen. Maybe because he's Trump's lawyer and Trump was paying for it all.
Well, the guy seemed to get FREE legal advice from Cohen.
It doesn't seem like to me. Check out the linked video. In it, one'll hear Hannity explicitly state he received no legal advice form Cohen.

Note: I put a link on "legal advice" because what laymen would call "legal advice" and what attorneys call legal advices are often different. That difference is made clear upon one's putting an attorney on retainer or otherwise becoming a client of an attorney.

Correction:
I misspoke. Hannity does say he asked Cohen some legal questions.​

I get asked questions in my profession constantly. Most of those folks would never consider that they retained me nor would I consider them my client.
I can relate....

You can seek our the advice of an attorney without actually becoming a paying client. What is so difficult to understand about this? I can call an attorney right now and ask him for advice. He can give me some free advice over the phone, and that is STILL covered under attorney/client confidentiality. Getting it yet? Good grief. *rolling my eyes*

OK. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but you really should call that judge and tell him. He doesn't seem to agree with you, and since I'm not that judge...............

-- Sean Hannity

Not at all surprising that Hannity would deny it given Cohen's apparant specialty of silencing women.

No doubt a story will come out shortly alleging a similar relationship Hannity has had.
That thought crossed my mind.

As far as I'm aware, Hannity has not been accused of anything other than being a "client" (which means many different things in legal terms when it comes to our PRIVACY) of a lawyer. That is not a crime, so unless you have something to accuse him of, you are just slinging poop as per usual.

OK. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but you really should call that judge and tell him. He doesn't seem to agree with you, and since I'm not that judge...............

What crime did the judge accuse him of?

Forum List

Back