How do you reconcile these two remarks....

1. Michael Cohen's lawyers averred in court that Sean Hannity is one of Michael Cohen's clients.
  2. Sean Hannity asserts that he was not at all Cohen's client.
    Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.
    -- Sean Hannity

Hannity: Cohen has never represented me - CNN Video
What is attorney-client privilege?

Not at all surprising that Hannity would deny it given Cohen's apparant specialty of silencing women.

No doubt a story will come out shortly alleging a similar relationship Hannity has had.
3P4AdvLE.jpg

1. Michael Cohen's lawyers averred in court that Sean Hannity is one of Michael Cohen's clients.
    Michael Cohen has never represented me in any matter. I never retained him, received an invoice, or paid legal fees. I have occasionally had brief discussions with him about legal questions about which I wanted his input and perspective.
    -- Sean Hannity

Not at all surprising that Hannity would deny it given Cohen's apparant specialty of silencing women.

No doubt a story will come out shortly alleging a similar relationship Hannity has had.
3P4AdvLE.jpg

So what crime is it specifically that you have convicted this United States citizen of committing without any due process? :D

-- Sean Hannity

3P4AdvLE.jpg

So what crime is it specifically that you have convicted this United States citizen of committing without any due process? :D

See #57

-- Sean Hannity

What do you plan to gain from your desire to reconcile the comments?

If in fact Sean Hannity is/was a client of Cohen ... And if in fact it has anything to do with Muller's investigation ...
Then Special Counsel Muller would have seized files regarding Sean Hannity from Cohen when his office was raided.

Special Counsel Muller will tell you what you should believe about the relationship between Hannity and Cohen if he thinks it means anything.

Mueller is not conducting the investigation.

There is a thing called attorney/client privilege. As a United States citizen who is equally protected under the laws of this nation, Mr. Hannity owes you absolutely no explanation. Deal with it.

Hannity says Cohen was never his lawyer. How can there be attorney client privalige when he was never his attorney? However, if he was his attorney

The Crime-Fraud Exception to the Attorney-Client Privilege
Not all attorney-client communications are privileged.
Whether the crime-fraud exception applies depends on the content and context of the communication. The exception covers communications about a variety of crimes and frauds, including (to name just a few):

• “suborning perjury” (asking an attorney to present testimony she knows is false)
  • destroying or concealing evidence
  • witness tampering, and
  • concealing income or assets.

This was already explained earlier in the thread. He never hired him for his services, but did get some legal advice, which is still covered under attorney/client privilege even if he never actually used his services as a lawyer.

No. One is either a client or not.

Was Hannity ever officially a client of this guy?

Yes or no?

Seems like a pretty straightforward question.

I would guess that Cohen is the one being truthful as the the court has all of his documents.
I would guess that Cohen is the one doing whatever he can to limit whatever documents he will have to make available to prosecutors who will use them against him. I doubt truth has much to do with it.

There is a thing called attorney/client privilege. As a United States citizen who is equally protected under the laws of this nation, Mr. Hannity owes you absolutely no explanation. Deal with it.

Hannity says Cohen was never his lawyer. How can there be attorney client privalige when he was never his attorney? However, if he was his attorney

Not all attorney-client communications are privileged.
Whether the crime-fraud exception applies depends on the content and context of the communication. The exception covers communications about a variety of crimes and frauds, including (to name just a few):

• “suborning perjury” (asking an attorney to present testimony she knows is false)
  • destroying or concealing evidence
  • witness tampering, and
  • concealing income or assets.

This was already explained earlier in the thread. He never hired him for his services, but did get some legal advice, which is still covered under attorney/client privilege even if he never actually used his services as a lawyer.

No. One is either a client or not.
It's rare that things so binary come along, but that definitely is one of the few that do.

It is just so easy to see how leftists tend to want to disregard the rights of those they disagree with politically. That is why they can never be put into a position of power over anyone. That is the reason why no one should ever vote for a leftist. They don't understand their rights or why they are important and need to protected at all costs.

It's called ATTORNEY/CLIENT PRIVILEGE, and it is a very IMPORTANT right that we have. Get your facts straight, libs.

Tell it to the judge.

What is there to tell? Why don't you tell since you seem to already know. ROFL! :D

You gotta be somebody's ex wife. He was either a client or not. You figure that one out.

Oh, here come the personal remarks. Ahem, not working. :D You know as much about me as you do about Hannity or any other private US citizen who has privacy rights. :D

It is just so easy to see how leftists tend to want to disregard the rights of those they disagree with politically. That is why they can never be put into a position of power over anyone. That is the reason why no one should ever vote for a leftist. They don't understand their rights or why they are important and need to protected at all costs.

Well, maybe no one should, but 3 million more did.

Forum List

Back