How Do We Fix The Police Problem?

Something's gotta change here. This is getting absolutely out of control.

Better training? Body cams? Better psychological analysis? Should they screen for racist tendencies?

Cops sure do love killing people these days, and not just black people. Don't even get me started on Kelly Thomas.

There are bad priests, there are bad ministers, there are bad doctors, there are bad lawyers, there are too many bad politicians, there are bad judges, there are bad dads, there are bad moms, there are bad soldiers, there are bad teachers, there are bad administrators ---- but the vast majority in all those groups are good people trying hard to do well but who will no doubt error at times.

So which of all those do you want to do away with and overhaul?

Your condemnation of police in general is unwarranted. The vast media network and internet finds those aberrations and parades them around to incite anger and what have you. This is wrong. The police put their lives on the line every day and protect citizens from criminals and unsafe situations. You are doing them and this nation a disservice by focusing on the few who do wrong and ignore the many and far greater problems that are causing great harm to our society and our moral make up.

The police are the ones shooting and killing people daily, those other groups don't. Your argument is ludicrous and fallacious.

I will hold my argument up to public scrutiny vs. your inane stupidity.

Are you a clear thinker in any way, save for your photo?

You compare priests to cops. And you think their professions expose them to the same dangers or opportunity to take a life.

Yes, you are a clear thinker there Gomer Pyle. I would even say if one were to look into your ear they could see out the other one with great clarity.

Are you going to respond to my question as to exactly how many unjustified shootings were committed by police officers this year? We are awaiting your list. I realize the list must be very lengthy according to you so please work it up and post it.

Fix the biggest problem first. Give the Cops a better weapon to incapacitate and control without killing. No amount of training helps when the Cop has a fraction of a second to make a decision. And no amount of training will get Blacks to listen to Cops instructions.

Time for a new weapon of choice for police. Police are too quick on the trigger and Blacks will never comply with instructions. But what? Tazers are no good, tranquilizers are too slow. Maybe a gun that shoots something like a cherry bomb that disorients but isn't lethal.

Billy Clubs work, and work well. The problem is democrats get loose bowels if the police beat thugs. So they quite beating the scumbags and started killing them instead.

Fix the biggest problem first. Give the Cops a better weapon to incapacitate and control without killing. No amount of training helps when the Cop has a fraction of a second to make a decision. And no amount of training will get Blacks to listen to Cops instructions.

So you say give the cop a stun gun and expect him to stop or defend himself against a thug who exits his car with a real gun in his hand? I take it that you have already rule yourself out of ever becoming a cop yourself.

Time for a new weapon of choice for police. Police are too quick on the trigger and Blacks will never comply with instructions. But what? Tazers are no good, tranquilizers are too slow. Maybe a gun that shoots something like a cherry bomb that disorients but isn't lethal.

Billy Clubs work, and work well. The problem is democrats get loose bowels if the police beat thugs. So they quite beating the scumbags and started killing them instead.

Well, I don't see me taking a billy club to a gun fight but you are welcome to have a go at it yourself.

You are doing them and this nation a disservice by focusing on the few who do wrong --- and ignore the many and far greater problems that are causing great harm to our society and our moral make up.

What's that? Why don't you just fucking say it -- you're referring to "black people."

[

From what? You don't see the role of the police being the protection of personal and public property and the overall safety of a community's citizens? That's their damn job. Their job is not to turn their backs and allow mobs to loot and burn at will.

The job of the police is to investigate crime and move people to the courts to be judged.

They don't need tanks and M-16's to do that. In my lifetime, the role of the police has changed from law enforcement to that of an occupying army.

Demilitarize the police.

[

From what? You don't see the role of the police being the protection of personal and public property and the overall safety of a community's citizens? That's their damn job. Their job is not to turn their backs and allow mobs to loot and burn at will.

The job of the police is to investigate crime and move people to the courts to be judged.

They don't need tanks and M-16's to do that. In my lifetime, the role of the police has changed from law enforcement to that of an occupying army.

Demilitarize the police.

Yes. That's step 1.

Better training? Body cams? Better psychological analysis? Should they screen for racist tendencies?

Cops sure do love killing people these days, and not just black people. Don't even get me started on Kelly Thomas.

There are bad priests, there are bad ministers, there are bad doctors, there are bad lawyers, there are too many bad politicians, there are bad judges, there are bad dads, there are bad moms, there are bad soldiers, there are bad teachers, there are bad administrators ---- but the vast majority in all those groups are good people trying hard to do well but who will no doubt error at times.

So which of all those do you want to do away with and overhaul?

Your condemnation of police in general is unwarranted. The vast media network and internet finds those aberrations and parades them around to incite anger and what have you. This is wrong. The police put their lives on the line every day and protect citizens from criminals and unsafe situations. You are doing them and this nation a disservice by focusing on the few who do wrong and ignore the many and far greater problems that are causing great harm to our society and our moral make up.

The police are the ones shooting and killing people daily, those other groups don't. Your argument is ludicrous and fallacious.

I will hold my argument up to public scrutiny vs. your inane stupidity.

Are you a clear thinker in any way, save for your photo?

You compare priests to cops. And you think their professions expose them to the same dangers or opportunity to take a life.

Yes, you are a clear thinker there Gomer Pyle. I would even say if one were to look into your ear they could see out the other one with great clarity.
Priests are only in daily danger in Muslim countries.

You know, for several years while I was stationed in Newport RI, I was a member of the Security Force, meaning I was responsible for patrolling the base, and guarding the gates entering it. We were issued 9mm weapons, and one of the team members was in charge of the shotgun. All of us had night sticks. None of us were issued tasers, nor did we stand watch in bulletproof vests.

We were also taught that use of deadly force (i.e. shooting firearms) was the LAST resort that we should ever use. First was to talk, second was to restrain them (if possible), and the last resort was to draw down on them.

If we fired our weapon without just cause? We went to Captain's Mast, or possibly even a Courts Martial, either which could result in a discharge from the military.

The problem isn't really with the police, it's with the police unions that make it damn near impossible to fire a police officer for cause. Usually the union reps will fight to keep the person on, with the worst result usually being sent to desk duty for a while.

What we need to do is get the police unions to be responsible and actually hold the officers giving the rest of them a bad name to account and fire the ones who prove to be incapable of doing the job. There have been several instances where a police officer was fired from one force for bad behavior, yet was able to pick up a job in another district or force a short time later, even in spite of it.

What should we do? Hold the police officers to the same level of accountability and responsibility as the military. I mean, they both do kinda the same jobs, it's just the police protect Americans domestically, and the military does it abroad.

If you right wingers are so gung ho about dissolving unions, you might want to think about the police unions first. They are the ones defending the officers who don't belong on the force.

14457440_858429817591259_1314862291316639233_n.png

You know, for several years while I was stationed in Newport RI, I was a member of the Security Force, meaning I was responsible for patrolling the base, and guarding the gates entering it. We were issued 9mm weapons, and one of the team members was in charge of the shotgun. All of us had night sticks. None of us were issued tasers, nor did we stand watch in bulletproof vests.

We were also taught that use of deadly force (i.e. shooting firearms) was the LAST resort that we should ever use. First was to talk, second was to restrain them (if possible), and the last resort was to draw down on them.

If we fired our weapon without just cause? We went to Captain's Mast, or possibly even a Courts Martial, either which could result in a discharge from the military.

The problem isn't really with the police, it's with the police unions that make it damn near impossible to fire a police officer for cause. Usually the union reps will fight to keep the person on, with the worst result usually being sent to desk duty for a while.

What we need to do is get the police unions to be responsible and actually hold the officers giving the rest of them to account and fire the ones who prove to be incapable of doing the job. There have been several instances where a police officer was fired from one force for bad behavior, yet was able to pick up a job in another district or force a short time later, even in spite of it.

What should we do? Hold the police officers to the same level of accountability and responsibility as the military. I mean, they both do kinda the same jobs, it's just the police protect Americans domestically, and the military does it abroad.

If you right wingers are so gung ho about dissolving unions, you might want to think about the police unions first. They are the ones defending the officers who don't belong on the force.
I loved building 86....the big pink thing....:lol:

No it isn't......there are more whites killed by police than blacks.....and yet no riots.......we need to get blacks to stop resisting and creating a lethal situation.......

Reported today on the radio.....3,660 people were shot in Chicago this year....75% of them were black shooters and 75% were black victims.....how many police shootings? 11.

The problem we have are race hustlers using these rare shootings of blacks with criminal histories failing to comply with lawful orders by police and creating lethal situations....in order to keep blacks voting for a political party that has destroyed the futures of millions of black children....

Better selection process. Higher standards, and better training. Add to that mandatory body cameras and multiple angle cameras on the police cars themselves and you would stop the bad officers, and reduce the claims of police abuse of authority.

I believe we should first call to the attention of the black community the foolishness of resisting arrest,as that appears to be the main reason they get perforated by the PoPo.
Next I'd advise them against committing criminal acts as this tends to not only attract police presence but also casts a dark pall of guilt by association for the honest side of the black community....however small that may be.

And in conclusion ....stop being *******.

Last edited:
1) dont act in a way that threatens an officers life.

2) respect their authority

3) teach your children to respect their authority.

Forum List

Back