How do we fix our problems as a nation?

There isn't any other way to fix the problems of our Nation other than to vote out the Marxist Monumental Fraud who is a Racist and a Pathological Liar.

That is so obvious that it is almost criminal not to recognize this.

Yes indeed! House Minority Leader John Boehner should be voted out.

The masses are too stupid to even vote out the incumbents they bitch about or vote for for a third party because they refuse to so they can't win because they won't vote for them.

The last thing America needs is more democracy.

There isn't any other way to fix the problems of our Nation other than to vote out the Marxist Monumental Fraud who is a Racist and a Pathological Liar.

That is so obvious that it is almost criminal not to recognize this.

Yes indeed! House Minority Leader John Boehner should be voted out.

Tsaotao is a semi-commie basically a reflection of Leukemia's bullshit.

He's a hopeless Obamarrhoid and therefor discussing anything with this LIEberrhoidal idiot is a waste of time.

Partisan politics are killing America. It's a constant tug of war with neither side making any headway. A lot of wasted energy with no results to show for it.

Really? To point out the most egregious way it is not working, I'd ask you to ask the 4K+ people who have died in a war we never declared.
Congress authrozed the CinC to act in both Iraq in Afghanistan. These authorizatuions are defacto declarations of war. There's no constitutionally mandated form of a declaration and so these authorizations, Constitutionally, suffice.

Hence "I'm not saying re-write the entire document but there is something patently ridiculous about looking at a document written by flawed individuals and treating it as some sort of holy scripture."
Not sure how this follows from your example.

Defacto does not equal actual. Only Congress can declare war. Congress does not do it and therefore, shirks it's duty. American lives should not be left to such informalities.
Um.. yes it does.

De facto:
de fac·to (d fkt, d)
adv.
In reality or fact; actually.
de facto - definition of de facto by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

As I said:
There's no constitutionally mandated form of a declaration and so these authorizations, Constitutionally, suffice.

I'd like to see some serious discussion here. Let's not think through a partisan lens. Let's pretend there are no such thing as Democrats or Republicans. Let's pretend there is no such thing as Liberal or Conservative (or libertarian) or anything else you might think up.

As human beings, how do we fix the problems our nation faces?

First, I think we need to determine what the main problems are. Tell me what you think our biggest problems are. And are they symptoms of something else or the source of other problems?

Second, should we solve them through government or by acting as individuals?

Third, Tell us some of the ideas that we can impliment in our own lives to fix the problems our nations faces.

to make our nation better ? kill all the teabaggers .

Partisan politics are killing America. It's a constant tug of war with neither side making any headway. A lot of wasted energy with no results to show for it.

There are times when partisanship is good and time when it is destructive. Honesty is the key.

Which is why I think the Constitution needs to be revamped. It served well when everybody in Washington was pulling in the same direction more or less. Now that they are not, the dishonesty BOTH sides show almost on a weekly basis is unchecked by such a vague document.

How high can the debt ceiling go while these partisan politicians squabble over comparative nickels and dimes of spending? Who knows...why? Because there is no constitutional mandate to ensure fiscal responsibility. Is the e-mail I sent to person X a private conversation if I use the public airwaves to send it? Nobody really knows because its' not spelled out.

I think two ways to get rid of some of the partisanship is to reduce the Congress to a part-time body and pay them no more than $15,000 a year. This would do two things; first it would force these guys to get jobs in the real world where they can see the effects of the garbage that gets passed; where they have to hire from the same cesspool that their public education created (theres a reason why many firms go overseas; cheap labor isn't always the cause--smart labor sometimes is).

Also, someone else brought up giving the candidates who get a certain amount of support free advertising in general elections. That would get rid of a ton of the money.

Congress authrozed the CinC to act in both Iraq in Afghanistan. These authorizatuions are defacto declarations of war. There's no constitutionally mandated form of a declaration and so these authorizations, Constitutionally, suffice.

Not sure how this follows from your example.

Defacto does not equal actual. Only Congress can declare war. Congress does not do it and therefore, shirks it's duty. American lives should not be left to such informalities.
Um.. yes it does.

De facto:
de fac·to (d fkt, d)
adv.
de facto - definition of de facto by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

As I said:
There's no constitutionally mandated form of a declaration and so these authorizations, Constitutionally, suffice.

So the part about Congress declaring war? What do you make of that? Was that just filler because Madison had to reach a minimum amount of words?

Um.. yes it does.

De facto:
de fac·to (d fkt, d)
adv.

As I said:

So the part about Congress declaring war? What do you make of that? Was that just filler because Madison had to reach a minimum amount of words?
Allow me to repat myself, since you apparently want to read right past me:

That is, constitutionally, the authorizations of force are declarations of war.

Yes we need to be able to declare war. That is important. What a crock.

I don't know if you were addressing me or not.

I am all in favor of being able to declare war any time Congress thinks so. I am not in favor of military action without congressional consent.
Ever?
Under any circumstance?

None come to mind; no.

However, "ever" and "any circumstances" is a very broad sea in which to swim. In the current climate, I really cannot blame Obama or Bush 43 or Clinton before them to act unilaterally since a great amount of our federal legislature consist of partisan hacks from both sides of the aisle. I'm sure Cynthia McKinney would have squealed like a stuck pig had she known about military action. Michelle Bachman (sp?) is probably the last person I would want to know about anything I'm trying to keep covert; she's just flat out stupid.

I'm open to any sort of "hybrid" notification that could be forged by which the leadership of the Senate and House (and supposedly these will be responsible people) are notified.

But currently, the document says that Congress gets to declare war. We should have declared war on Iraq and Afghanistan before we started this 10 year commitment. Anybody know how long we have to be fighting before we call it a war?

Allow me to repat myself, since you apparently want to read right past me:

That is, constitutionally, the authorizations of force are declarations of war.

Okay. Yes I get what you're saying,

Why have it in there if it can just be ignored?

Yes we need to be able to declare war. That is important. What a crock.

I am all in favor of being able to declare war any time Congress thinks so. I am not in favor of military action without congressional consent.
Ever?
Under any circumstance?

some people just don't get it , all military action is not war .
the president doesn't need to get congressional permission every time it acts . take the Somalia pirates we didn't need congress to let the seas shot them and save hostages .

theres a big difference between invation and action .

Ever?
Under any circumstance?

the president doesn't need to get congressional permission every time it acts . take the Somalia pirates we didn't need congress to let the seas shot them and save hostages .

So the Constitution should say that; just not leave it to interpretation.

Ever?
Under any circumstance?

So the Constitution should say that; just not leave it to interpretation.
You do notice that while the Constitution gives Congress the power to declare war, the Constitution does not specify any limits to the Article II powers of the CinC.
Right?

Forum List

Back