How do native western Europeans feel?

Did you look or were you carried away with jingoism and war fever?

I had to push the 'click to expand' button to find out what you meant. My eyes are spared any input from that particular ….. uh ….. source so I didn't know if your comment was perhaps meant for me. :eusa_angel:

As I said, it is my assumption that it was a matter of a few days. I don't really know how long it takes to inspect a single sight, the 12th. and last one. It could take months, I suppose, but when you said 'several months' I thought he was referring to inspecting all 12 of them. I'll see if I can find some info on it.

I already knew that the first UN inspection team was made up of CIA spy agents (and that's the reason the UN had to call it back and put together a new team with Hans Blix at the helm) but just now, whilst looking for more information on how long it took to inspect a single alleged WMD sight in Irak I discovered something that I didn't know:

CIA investigation

'Senior U.S. officials ordered the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to investigate Blix to gather "sufficient ammunition to undermine" him so that the U.S. could start the invasion of Iraq. The U.S. officials were upset that the CIA did not uncover such information.'

Verification was never achieved.
...... Blix stating publicly that only a few more months were needed for his team to complete their work ......
My assumption is that it was a matter of a few days. There were 12 sites on the list that the Americans claimed there were WMD's. Blix and his team had already inspected 11 of them. They were all clean. Washington's problem is that the UN tossed out the first inspection team that was riddled with CIA spies. Their plan (fairly obvious) was to plant false evidence and thus get permission to make a legal invasion of the country. But without their spies they had to rely on fact instead. After 11 of 12 sites being inspected the new inspection team was on the very last stage of their mission. Washington panicked and invaded illegally instead, rather than wait for total verification of all the 12 sites and thwart US's invasion plans of a LEGAL war.

.. eh ?

This is all fantasy stuff.

An inspection team, 'riddled with CIA spies'. An intention 'to plant false evidence' .. etc.

Glasnost, I invite you to provide your evidence for any of this.

[It's always the same with conspiracy propaganda. First, you have to wait a very appreciable amount of time before ever offering it (credibility demands it). During that time, you have to build on it, so as to lend the smallest credibility. It helps if memories dim in the interim, of course ! ]

Funny how none of this ever came to light, from my recollection, at any time during 2003. Or 2004. Or 2005. Etc ...

Did you look or were you carried away with jingoism and war fever?

If you, or Glasnost, or anyone at all, can prove me wrong .. then let's see that proof.

As for your suggestion of 'jingoism and war fever' ... the 2003 invasion HAD to happen. Blix and his teams were always involved in 'inspections' which were farcical in the extreme. Saddam never proved his claim that he had no more WMD's. He didn't even try to. He just arranged for inspectors to go to areas they knew about and see what they could deduce from them. For proof to emerge of zero stocks ... nothing less than a search of Iraq in its entirety would've done the trick.

The 2003 invasion was necessary. What ELSE could have served to settle the issue ?

I already knew that the first UN inspection team was made up of CIA spy agents (and that's the reason the UN had to call it back and put together a new team with Hans Blix at the helm) but just now, whilst looking for more information on how long it took to inspect a single alleged WMD sight in Irak I discovered something that I didn't know:

CIA investigation

'Senior U.S. officials ordered the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to investigate Blix to gather "sufficient ammunition to undermine" him so that the U.S. could start the invasion of Iraq. The U.S. officials were upset that the CIA did not uncover such information.'

Interesting. But you don't provide a link. Let's see one.

CIA investigation

Ask him what his nationality is if you want him to fall silent.

CIA investigation

Why is his nationality relevant ?

CIA investigation

Let him answer. Then you might find out.

CIA investigation

I dont think its anyones business. Deal with what he is saying not who he is.

CIA investigation

I dont think its anyones business. Deal with what he is saying not who he is.

I'm quite sure he can deal with it himself, without you setting yourself up as spokesman.

CIA investigation

His nationality may determine both his biases and his agenda, if any.

A representative of a hostile power will, naturally, present a case that has hostile intent ! Someone motivated in that way will very happily disseminate propaganda designed to undermine the basis for faith in an authority he opposes.

CIA investigation

His nationality may determine both his biases and his agenda, if any.

A representative of a hostile power will, naturally, present a case that has hostile intent ! Someone motivated in that way will very happily disseminate propaganda designed to undermine the basis for faith in an authority he opposes.

Nonsense. He/she could say anything he/she wanted to and you would not know any different.
What is said is important and not who says it.

Anyway what he/she is saying isnt really controversial, just basic common sense.

Forum List

Back