How do native western Europeans feel?

I already knew that the first UN inspection team was made up of CIA spy agents (and that's the reason the UN had to call it back and put together a new team with Hans Blix at the helm) but just now, whilst looking for more information on how long it took to inspect a single alleged WMD sight in Irak I discovered something that I didn't know:

CIA investigation

'Senior U.S. officials ordered the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to investigate Blix to gather "sufficient ammunition to undermine" him so that the U.S. could start the invasion of Iraq. The U.S. officials were upset that the CIA did not uncover such information.'

Interesting. But you don't provide a link. Let's see one.

Ask him what his nationality is if you want him to fall silent.
Why is his nationality relevant ?

His nationality may determine both his biases and his agenda, if any.

A representative of a hostile power will, naturally, present a case that has hostile intent ! Someone motivated in that way will very happily disseminate propaganda designed to undermine the basis for faith in an authority he opposes.

Nonsense. He/she could say anything he/she wanted to and you would not know any different.
What is said is important and not who says it.

Anyway what he/she is saying isnt really controversial, just basic common sense.

I think you've made my case for me. Propaganda which has the reader totally unaware of precisely why the disseminator of it is spreading it, is propaganda that has a chance to succeed by being something other than what it is.

If you know that someone's posting 'material' that is designed to make the reader question the reputability, competence (.. whatever ..) of the authorities he or she will be against, it helps to be sure that it isn't being done by someone loyal to a traditionally, known, hostile power !!!

Interesting. But you don't provide a link. Let's see one.

A representative of a hostile power will, naturally, present a case that has hostile intent ! Someone motivated in that way will very happily disseminate propaganda designed to undermine the basis for faith in an authority he opposes.

Nonsense. He/she could say anything he/she wanted to and you would not know any different.

Anyway what he/she is saying isnt really controversial, just basic common sense.

I think you've made my case for me. Propaganda which has the reader totally unaware of precisely why the disseminator of it is spreading it, is propaganda that has a chance to succeed by being something other than what it is.

If you know that someone's posting 'material' that is designed to make the reader question the reputability, competence (.. whatever ..) of the authorities he or she will be against, it helps to be sure that it isn't being done by someone loyal to a traditionally, known, hostile power !!!
Or you could read what they are saying and decide on the merits of that.

..... you could read what they are saying and decide on the merits of that.
Agreed. That's the whole idea of language in the first place. To convey from one person to the next.

It's a strange expression, "Simple-minded people." You'd think they'd be able to understand simple concepts. Alas!
nope.gif

Or you could read what they are saying and decide on the merits of that.

... and what 'merits' would those be .. ??

..... you could read what they are saying and decide on the merits of that.
Agreed. That's the whole idea of language in the first place. To convey from one person to the next.

It's a strange expression, "Simple-minded people." You'd think they'd be able to understand simple concepts. Alas!
nope.gif

I do understand concepts you post about.

But I also like to deal in FACT. This is where you, seemingly, have your problems. When facts are there for you to see, hey presto, suddenly you're 'not reading them' ...

... because you have an agenda to advance ?

Yesterday night i had a dream i saw lots of muslims praying in the streets, and they gave me a quran, after that they threatened that i need to be muslim and in the end they stabbed me with a knife and they tortured my mum (in the dream) i woke up and i realised this is the reality in many bigger European Cities like Paris and London and Brussels and Cologne etc already. Not that im against muslims, im totally no, just wanted to discuss, and see how others feel about the situation. Im actually neither right nor left, neither anti nor pro immigration. Its just a thought.
Get off the fence.

Forum List

Back