How do I know you're not serious about the gun debate?

Using the word clip instead of magazine. Big red flag jumps out.

Bitch++_a63deb6f599d6830c56a6a9bffde7e47.jpg

Yes, the nutters get really upset when you say "clip".

Of course, when I was in the Army, they used the words clip and magazine interchangeably.

Lol, doesn't bother me but it does tell me that theyve been watching a lot of movies and don't know the difference between semi and full auto.

I think the thing is, nobody really cares about the difference.

The thing is, most people didn't use the full auto feature in the military. It wastes ammo and doesn't give you time to aim.

But the semi-Auto feature throws a lot of bullets down range very quickly.

If you use any of the following terms or language ...

1. Calling a semi-automatic pistol or rifle 'weapon of mass destruction'.

2. You claim right to self-defense and children's lives are mutually exclusive.

3. You try re-writing the text of the 2nd Amendment to your own personal interpretation.

4. You confuse hunting with self-defense.

5. You believe that not having the right to have personal nuclear weapons, artillery, or land mines for self-defense logically extends to personal firearms.

6. Refer to semi-automatic weapons as 'military-grade' or 'machine-guns'.

7. Ever use the term 'assault rifle' to refer to an over the counter firearm.

That kind of emotive language will immediately signal to whomever you're trying to convince on the other side that your agenda is confiscation and you're perfectly willing to ride the coattails of any tragedy you can find to accomplish that.
I have to admit I giggled when I heard a student at the CNN Town Hall call the AR's "weapons of mass destruction."
Mac is right--we are all talking in hyperbole.
I'm on the other side of the fence from you, I'm guessing, in this debate, but one thing that is essential is a unified voice for the gun control advocates that doesn't talk foolishness. Right now we've got a bunch of groups saying a little bit here and a little bit there, but it's not coherent like the NRA's message.
I emailed my senator about it, but I just got back a form letter outlining the senator's history on gun control efforts.
Anyways, you're right, that's totally stupid

If you use any of the following terms or language ...

1. Calling a semi-automatic pistol or rifle 'weapon of mass destruction'.

2. You claim right to self-defense and children's lives are mutually exclusive.

3. You try re-writing the text of the 2nd Amendment to your own personal interpretation.

4. You confuse hunting with self-defense.

5. You believe that not having the right to have personal nuclear weapons, artillery, or land mines for self-defense logically extends to personal firearms.

6. Refer to semi-automatic weapons as 'military-grade' or 'machine-guns'.

7. Ever use the term 'assault rifle' to refer to an over the counter firearm.

That kind of emotive language will immediately signal to whomever you're trying to convince on the other side that your agenda is confiscation and you're perfectly willing to ride the coattails of any tragedy you can find to accomplish that.
lately it has been "high capacity handgun" --LOL

Forum List

Back