How do conservatives plan on winning?

I see them aligning with the uber-wealthy against everyone else.
Look at their top candidates. One has a half-million credit line at Tiffany's to keep his trophy wife happy and HE'S the poorer one.

Good luck connecting with everyday Americans. You know...those people who AREN'T millionaires? It's going to be a pretty hard sell that a Wall Street insider who wrecked jobs for a living is a better choice than a guy who came in, somewhat cleaned up the mess left him and has started to fix things.

I can't wait for someone to ask Romney or Newt how much a gallon of milk or a pair of jeans cost.
When they can't answer satisfactorily, everyone will know just how out of touch they are with WORKING AMERICANS and that will seal their fate.

170px-John_Kerry_headshot_with_US_flag.jpg

That's your rebuttal?

Come back anytime. I will be MORE than happy to take you to school.

Perhaps next time, you'll take my suggestion and educate yourself so you won't leave with your hams beet red from the spankings they got?

Look at their top candidates. One has a half-million credit line at Tiffany's to keep his trophy wife happy and HE'S the poorer one.

Good luck connecting with everyday Americans. You know...those people who AREN'T millionaires? It's going to be a pretty hard sell that a Wall Street insider who wrecked jobs for a living is a better choice than a guy who came in, somewhat cleaned up the mess left him and has started to fix things.

I can't wait for someone to ask Romney or Newt how much a gallon of milk or a pair of jeans cost.
When they can't answer satisfactorily, everyone will know just how out of touch they are with WORKING AMERICANS and that will seal their fate.

By pointing to obama's record
By pointing out his divisive rhetoric
By pointing out the inflation in goods, services, and gas prices since he took office
by pointing out that there are less net jobs today, with more american citizens in total, then when he took office
By pointing out that he has added more to the debt than any previous president
By pointing out he wants to return to pre-bush tax rates which would make my 5 figure income's taxes go up 3%
By pointing out hte LONG LIST of republican legislative bills to help the economy which the democrats have obstructed in the senate.

I'm sure there is more
Yeah.....there is......

February 12, 2010

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w894xqReOdo]Rachel Maddow Exposes Republican Hypocrisy For What It Is......BS.flv - YouTube[/ame]

827.gif

ALL THESE CAN BE VERIFIED HERE The United States House of Representatives · House.gov

Rep Bills That Empower Small Business Owners
Small business owners are being bogged down by burdensome regulations from Washington that prevent job creation and hinder economic growth. We must remove onerous regulations that are redundant, harm small businesses, and impede private sector investment and job creation.

Review of Federal Regulations
H.Res. 72 - Passed by the House (391-28) on February 11, 2011

Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act
H.R. 872 - Senate has taken no action to date

Energy Tax Prevention Act
H.R. 910 - Senate has taken no action to date

Disapproval of FCC's Net Neutrality Regulations
H.J.Res. 37 - Senate has blocked a companion measure by a vote of 46-52

Clean Water Cooperative Federalism Act
H.R. 2018 - Senate has taken no action to date

Consumer Financial Protection & Soundness Improvement Act
H.R. 1315 - Senate has taken no action to date

Protecting Jobs from Government Interference Act
H.R. 2587 - Senate has taken no action to date

Transparency in Regulatory Analysis of Impacts on The Nation
H.R. 2401 - Senate has taken no action to date

Cement Sector Regulatory Relief Act
H.R. 2681 - Senate has taken no action to date

EPA Regulatory Relief Act
H.R. 2250 - Senate has taken no action to date

Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act
H.R. 2273 - Senate has taken no action to date

Workforce Democracy and Fairness Act
H.R. 3094 - Senate has taken no action to date

Regulatory Accountability Act
H.R. 3010 - Senate has taken no action to date

Regulatory Flexibility Improvements Act
H.R. 527 - Senate has taken no action to date

REINS Act
H.R. 10 - Senate has taken no action to date
Farm Dust Regulation Prevention Act
H.R. 1633 - Senate has taken no action to date

Rep Bills to Try and Fix Fix The Tax Code To Help Job Creators
America’s tax code has grown too complicated and cumbersome. We need a tax code that is flatter, fairer, and simpler to ensure that everyone pays their fair share, lessen the burden on families, generate economic expansion, and create jobs by making America more competitive.

Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act
H.R. 4 - Signed into law by the President on April 14, 2011

3% Withholding Rule Repeal
H.R. 674 - Signed into law by the President on November 21, 2011

Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act
H.R. 3630 - Senate has taken no action to date

Rep Bills Aimed At Increasing Competitiveness for U.S. Manufacturers
The more that American businesses export, the more they produce. The more businesses produce, the more workers they need. This means job creation. Expanding market access for U.S. made products will be a shot in the arm for businesses small and large and will create jobs.

U.S.-Colombia Trade Promotion Agreement Implementation Act
H.R. 3078 - Signed by the Preisdent on October 21, 2011

U.S.-Panama Trade Promotion Agreement Implementation Act
H.R. 3079 - Signed by the Preisdent on October 21, 2011

U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act
H.R. 3080 - Signed by the Preisdent on October 21, 2011

Southeast Arizona Resource Utilization & Conservation Act
H.R. 1904 - Senate has taken no action to date

Rep Bills to Encourage Entrepreneurship and Growth
America has historically been on the cutting edge of innovation and technological development, but we are increasingly falling behind our global competitors. We must make it easier for existing businesses to grow and allow more start-up companies to flourish.

The America Invents Act
H.R. 1249 - Signed into law by the President on September 16, 2011

Veterans Opportunity to Work Act
H.R. 2433 - Signed into law by the President on November 21, 2011

Small Company Capital Formation Act
H.R. 1070 - Senate has taken no action to date

Small Banks' Access to Capital Act
H.R. 1965 - Senate has taken no action to date

Entrepreneur Access to Capital Act
H.R. 2930 - Senate has taken no action to date

Access to Capital for Job Creators Act
H.R. 2940 - Senate has taken no action to date

Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act
H.R. 3012 - Senate has taken no action to date

Rep Bills Maximize Domestic Energy Production
The energy sector is crucial to our economic growth, and high energy costs have a major impact on job creation. We need policies that allow us to harness our abundant supply of natural resources in America, develop new sources of energy, and create jobs here at home.

Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act
H.R. 1230 - Senate has taken no action to date
Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act
H.R. 1229 - Senate has taken no action to date

Reversing President Obama’s Offshore Moratorium Act
H.R. 1231 - Senate has taken no action to date

Jobs and Energy Permitting Act of 2011
H.R. 2021 - Senate has taken no action to date

North American-Made Energy Security Act
H.R. 1938 - Senate has taken no action to date

Pay Down America's Unsustainable Debt Burden by Passing an Actual Budget!
The federal government is spending and borrowing so much that the United States will soon go broke. Washington’s spending binge has put our nation in debt, eroded economic confidence, and caused massive uncertainty for private sector job creators. It's time to live within our means.

Budget for Fiscal Year 2012
H.Con.Res. 34 - Senate has not yet considered a budget of its own

How are they going to win? Look at your post, Decepticon...

They can either elect a man who WAS fixing broken things for twenty five years in the Private Sector and was the Republican Governor of a heavily Democratic State...or they can vote for a man who "somewhat cleaned up the mess left him and has started to fix things." Is that REALLY the best you can say about Barack? That he "somewhat" cleaned up the mess and he's "started" to fix things?

They win by asking voters one simple question...Do you want four more years of THIS?

Laying off American workers and sending their jobs to India and China is "fixing broken things"???

All we have to to win and counter your question is ask one simple question in return..."WHAT has changed about the republican economic platform since they augered the economy into the ground the last time?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc]Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube[/ame]​

Obama, Pelosi and Reid are "in touch" with working Americans?

Where?

Well, both Pelosi and Reid (I'll give the Messiah a pass since I am not convinced of his guilt in this)... but Pelosi and Reid both got rich by insider trading. That is illegal for the rest of us.... but not congress.... and neither of them sent a bill to the Messiah to stop their gravy train.

Likewise can be said for Gingrich.

But, not Romney. He didn't use his position to illegally obtain financial gains. :eusa_angel:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

You were....what....his 24/7 bodyguard....and, KNOW what his day-to-day trading involved???

You don't know shit, about Romney.

handjob.gif

How do conservatives plan on winning?

Not being Obama may be all they need

Yup and always remember that Obamas record speaks for itself.
No doubt!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnoPpWdlG3A]Rachel Maddow (1) 111th Congress put policy before politics - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBHK7zsz7xU]Rachel Maddow (2) 111th Congress put policy before politics - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfWpBWP8krs]Obama Takes a Victory Lap After Big Wins - YouTube[/ame]​

By pointing to obama's record
By pointing out his divisive rhetoric
By pointing out the inflation in goods, services, and gas prices since he took office
by pointing out that there are less net jobs today, with more american citizens in total, then when he took office
By pointing out that he has added more to the debt than any previous president
By pointing out he wants to return to pre-bush tax rates which would make my 5 figure income's taxes go up 3%
By pointing out hte LONG LIST of republican legislative bills to help the economy which the democrats have obstructed in the senate.

I'm sure there is more
Yeah.....there is......

February 12, 2010

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w894xqReOdo]Rachel Maddow Exposes Republican Hypocrisy For What It Is......BS.flv - YouTube[/ame]

827.gif

Obama's record? You mean like 22 months of positive economic growth?
Divisive rhetoric? Asking millionaires to pay the same tax rate as their gardeners is divisive?

Inflation ?
US_Inflation.png

Golly, it's lower NOW that it was under Bush, huh?
The reason there are fewer net jobs is that government jobs have been cut, huh?

Added more to the debt?

24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif

Bush's policies added 5 TIMES as much to the debt and what did we get for those tax cuts and Iraq? Oh, NOTHING!

Whining about the pre-bush tax rates? How about we go back to the top tax rates like they had under that PINKO COMMIE EISENHOWER and you pay frickin 90%? How'd you LIKE THAT? The rich have seen their tax rates cut from over 90% to under 35% today and you WHINE about having to give 3% back? Well, I guess as long as YOU get what you want, to HELL with the country, right? Good thing that while YOU were growing up, people didn't think that way or you couldn't have enjoyed all the benefits of government spending gave you.

Not passing job-creating bills passed in the house?
Boo hoo. Do you even UNDERSTAND how the legislative process in our country WORKS? Apparently not. If you want to pass your house bill in the Senate, you have to NEGOTIATE...not simply write what you want and demand they pass it.

Your ignorance on the issues seems to be boundless. Perhaps we would BOTH be better served if you went back and did some basic research into the assumptions you've put forth and see if they have ANY basis in reality other than being repeated ad nauseum on right wing radio and internet.

1) Your first chart shows the inflation RATE but the overall level of inflation is what I was referring to....things are roughly 20% more expensive from socks to milk to fuel.

For example, fuel prices under obama
dda09d089e9f__1327599743000.png

you can see the same results of costs of food and cloathing too

2) the 2nd chart also fails to include the wars in egypt/libya. It also doesn't include cash for clunkers, the 2nd stimulus (smaller one), the unemployemnt insurance extensions....amongst other things. Total dishonest chart, lame.

3) Yeah I'm whining about 3%, I make a 5 figure income, you know 10's of thousands in a year, not 100's of thousands or millions.....bush gave me a 3% tax cut, obama wants to give me a 3% tax hike on top of the inflation i'm paying under his leadership.

4) The republicans tried, they put up dozens of bills and got a couple passed but the presidents allies in the senate blocked some other bills that would have helped a lot. Its the truth, i'm not whining about the dems being obstructionist I'm just stating the facts

5) Your last paragraph leads me to believe you knew your information was hackish or else you wouldn't have needed to use insults to try and drive your point home.

Last edited:

This is a Presidential election, not "The Price Is Right". I don't need a President who shops for his own milk. I need one who can uphold the Constitution, fix the mess Obama has made of the economy, and keep Iran from nuking us.

That, by the way, is the answer to the question. Conservatives plan to win by nominating someone who actually understands the job, puts forth a solid plan for fulfilling it, and leaving petty little leftist dipshits like you sitting in the corner, worrying over bullshit concerns like "Does he know how much milk costs?"

If your candidate doesn't know how WORKING FAMILIES put food on the table, how is he supposed to "fix" anything? If Romney's truck needs new tires, he just goes out and BUYS THEM.
Please.

I can't-help-but-think ol' Mitt's more-than-likely got "people, who do that."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buRO9TSlScQ]Joe Biden calls Jon Corzine for Advice Again - YouTube[/ame]

220px-SenatorJonCorzine.jpg

I would wager that they have someone inform them of that every day just in case. Their answer would be "Higher than it was 4 years ago" if not. Ask them directions to a Wal*Mart....that will get their head spinning if they know what a Wal*Mart is.

They can either elect a man who WAS fixing broken things for twenty five years in the Private Sector and was the Republican Governor of a heavily Democratic State...or they can vote for a man who "somewhat cleaned up the mess left him and has started to fix things." Is that REALLY the best you can say about Barack? That he "somewhat" cleaned up the mess and he's "started" to fix things?

January 25, 2012

The MBA Candidate

"In theory, Mitt Romney is the beau ideal of a CEO President: the pioneering leader of Bain Capital who attained enormous success in business and government, and whose signature skill—turning around troubled companies—is a sterling credential in a time of economic stagnation. George W. Bush once claimed to be the MBA President, to everyone’s eventual embarrassment. Romney’s the real thing, which is a big reason why he came to be seen by voters as the most electable Republican.

Sure enough, his career has become the central issue in the campaign. But the focus hasn’t been the appeal of an executive applying his knowhow to government. Instead, attention has fallen mainly on the collateral damage inflicted by private equity firms and the preferential tax treatment given to those who have amassed fortunes running them. Rather than standing for what’s best about business, Romney is being held up as typifying what’s worst."

pol_romney05__01__600.jpg

RUN, MITT...RUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!
They're gaining-on-you!!!!!

January 25, 2012

The MBA Candidate

"In theory, Mitt Romney is the beau ideal of a CEO President: the pioneering leader of Bain Capital who attained enormous success in business and government, and whose signature skill—turning around troubled companies—is a sterling credential in a time of economic stagnation. George W. Bush once claimed to be the MBA President, to everyone’s eventual embarrassment. Romney’s the real thing, which is a big reason why he came to be seen by voters as the most electable Republican.

Sure enough, his career has become the central issue in the campaign. But the focus hasn’t been the appeal of an executive applying his knowhow to government. Instead, attention has fallen mainly on the collateral damage inflicted by private equity firms and the preferential tax treatment given to those who have amassed fortunes running them. Rather than standing for what’s best about business, Romney is being held up as typifying what’s worst."

The WORST I can say about Barack beats the BEST that you can say about RepubliCONS.

Are you gonna tout how REPUBLICAN CORE BELIEFS tanked the economy? OR am I wrong that conservatives like deregulation of the financial sector? Am I wrong that RepubliCON Phil "Foreclosure" Gramm wrote BOTH the Commodities and Futures Modernization Act and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley act, both of which dismantled our financial systems' regulatory abilities that were in place since the GREAT DEPRESSION ? Gee, no huge bank failures since the LAST TIME you deregulated banking (Hello NEIL BUSH and SILVERADO Savings and Loan). What about before then? Oh, before FDR! Golly!

Good luck running on a record of core policy of PROVEN DISMAL FAILURE. Last I heard, cleaning things up beats the hell out of shitting the bed.

Yes because John Kerry was POOR, John Edwards had no money either, the Clinton's weren't pulling in millions each year for 1 hour speaking engagements? Obama was a poor guy either, he had a best selling book. Michelle made what $500K a year?

Pelosi was a rich bitch before she started her insider trading scams in Congress. Heck even numbnutz Joe Biden is a millionaire!

If you run for President you better be rich and successful. No one votes for the idiot or the man who lost all his/her money. Funny how you think we should look down on someone like Romney who was a HIGHLY successful businessman! Is that what you would want running the country? A man who knows how to run things? Or would you prefer a guy who could run your lemonade stand, declared BK twice and never was able to run a successful business?

See conservatives don't look down at success, we envy it and strive to reach that success! Even though they lie about it, most liberals admire success as. That is why they never toss us a poor loser to run for office!

Did not. Did so. Anyone who is....breathing, knows that all politicians are wealthy. Before they were politicians they were attorneys, physicians, businessmen, etc... It's unfortunate, but many simply vote along party lines, instead of looking at what said candidate stands for. At this point, Newt concerns me, because of his comment on Cuba. CUBAAA! What about Iran? Don't we need to be working on that? Where did Cuba come from?

And we scleppers are going to pay attention to the one who seems to understand our "plight". As far as I'm concerned, the social issues need to take a back seat. I want to see some attempts at diplomacy. You're going to hate that Ghook, and I expect a negative rep, and to be called an "idiot, moron, dumbfuck" or something else colorful about the people that you HATE, simply because they don't agree with you. Different day, same shit.

January 25, 2012

The MBA Candidate

The WORST I can say about Barack beats the BEST that you can say about RepubliCONS.

Are you gonna tout how REPUBLICAN CORE BELIEFS tanked the economy? OR am I wrong that conservatives like deregulation of the financial sector? Am I wrong that RepubliCON Phil "Foreclosure" Gramm wrote BOTH the Commodities and Futures Modernization Act and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley act, both of which dismantled our financial systems' regulatory abilities that were in place since the GREAT DEPRESSION ? Gee, no huge bank failures since the LAST TIME you deregulated banking (Hello NEIL BUSH and SILVERADO Savings and Loan). What about before then? Oh, before FDR! Golly!

Good luck running on a record of core policy of PROVEN DISMAL FAILURE. Last I heard, cleaning things up beats the hell out of shitting the bed.

Dems 2008: These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis

Dems 2012: These two entities—Social Security and Medicare—are not facing any kind of financial crisis

Obama's record? You mean like 22 months of positive economic growth?
Divisive rhetoric? Asking millionaires to pay the same tax rate as their gardeners is divisive?

Inflation ?
US_Inflation.png

Golly, it's lower NOW that it was under Bush, huh?
The reason there are fewer net jobs is that government jobs have been cut, huh?

Added more to the debt?

24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif

Bush's policies added 5 TIMES as much to the debt and what did we get for those tax cuts and Iraq? Oh, NOTHING!

Whining about the pre-bush tax rates? How about we go back to the top tax rates like they had under that PINKO COMMIE EISENHOWER and you pay frickin 90%? How'd you LIKE THAT? The rich have seen their tax rates cut from over 90% to under 35% today and you WHINE about having to give 3% back? Well, I guess as long as YOU get what you want, to HELL with the country, right? Good thing that while YOU were growing up, people didn't think that way or you couldn't have enjoyed all the benefits of government spending gave you.

Not passing job-creating bills passed in the house?
Boo hoo. Do you even UNDERSTAND how the legislative process in our country WORKS? Apparently not. If you want to pass your house bill in the Senate, you have to NEGOTIATE...not simply write what you want and demand they pass it.

Your ignorance on the issues seems to be boundless. Perhaps we would BOTH be better served if you went back and did some basic research into the assumptions you've put forth and see if they have ANY basis in reality other than being repeated ad nauseum on right wing radio and internet.

1) Your first chart shows the inflation RATE but the overall level of inflation is what I was referring to....things are roughly 20% more expensive from socks to milk to fuel.

For example, fuel prices under obama
dda09d089e9f__1327599743000.png

you can see the same results of costs of food and cloathing too

2) the 2nd chart also fails to include the wars in egypt/libya. It also doesn't include cash for clunkers, the 2nd stimulus (smaller one), the unemployemnt insurance extensions....amongst other things. Total dishonest chart, lame.

3) Yeah I'm whining about 3%, I make a 5 figure income, you know 10's of thousands in a year, not 100's of thousands or millions.....bush gave me a 3% tax cut, obama wants to give me a 3% tax hike on top of the inflation i'm paying under his leadership.

4) The republicans tried, they put up dozens of bills and got a couple passed but the presidents allies in the senate blocked some other bills that would have helped a lot. Its the truth, i'm not whining about the dems being obstructionist I'm just stating the facts

5) Your last paragraph leads me to believe you knew your information was hackish or else you wouldn't have needed to use insults to try and drive your point home.

Yes, you can definitely feel the squeeze when you go to grocery. It is painful. Wouldn't the price of fuel have a lot to do with this...I mean...along with the decline in the value of the American dollar? But the price of fuel for the trucks who haul these things to the grocery store, I'm sure this is a big chunk of it. So what is the solution? Drill here? Where? Is ANWAR the gold mine that we're waiting on?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back