How do conservatives plan on winning?

Obama's record? You mean like 22 months of positive economic growth?
Divisive rhetoric? Asking millionaires to pay the same tax rate as their gardeners is divisive?

Inflation ?
US_Inflation.png

Golly, it's lower NOW that it was under Bush, huh?
The reason there are fewer net jobs is that government jobs have been cut, huh?

Added more to the debt?

24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif

Bush's policies added 5 TIMES as much to the debt and what did we get for those tax cuts and Iraq? Oh, NOTHING!

Whining about the pre-bush tax rates? How about we go back to the top tax rates like they had under that PINKO COMMIE EISENHOWER and you pay frickin 90%? How'd you LIKE THAT? The rich have seen their tax rates cut from over 90% to under 35% today and you WHINE about having to give 3% back? Well, I guess as long as YOU get what you want, to HELL with the country, right? Good thing that while YOU were growing up, people didn't think that way or you couldn't have enjoyed all the benefits of government spending gave you.

Not passing job-creating bills passed in the house?
Boo hoo. Do you even UNDERSTAND how the legislative process in our country WORKS? Apparently not. If you want to pass your house bill in the Senate, you have to NEGOTIATE...not simply write what you want and demand they pass it.

Your ignorance on the issues seems to be boundless. Perhaps we would BOTH be better served if you went back and did some basic research into the assumptions you've put forth and see if they have ANY basis in reality other than being repeated ad nauseum on right wing radio and internet.

1) Your first chart shows the inflation RATE but the overall level of inflation is what I was referring to....things are roughly 20% more expensive from socks to milk to fuel.

For example, fuel prices under obama
dda09d089e9f__1327599743000.png

you can see the same results of costs of food and cloathing too

2) the 2nd chart also fails to include the wars in egypt/libya. It also doesn't include cash for clunkers, the 2nd stimulus (smaller one), the unemployemnt insurance extensions....amongst other things. Total dishonest chart, lame.

3) Yeah I'm whining about 3%, I make a 5 figure income, you know 10's of thousands in a year, not 100's of thousands or millions.....bush gave me a 3% tax cut, obama wants to give me a 3% tax hike on top of the inflation i'm paying under his leadership.

4) The republicans tried, they put up dozens of bills and got a couple passed but the presidents allies in the senate blocked some other bills that would have helped a lot. Its the truth, i'm not whining about the dems being obstructionist I'm just stating the facts

5) Your last paragraph leads me to believe you knew your information was hackish or else you wouldn't have needed to use insults to try and drive your point home.

Yes, you can definitely feel the squeeze when you go to grocery. It is painful. Wouldn't the price of fuel have a lot to do with this...I mean...along with the decline in the value of the American dollar. But the price of fuel for the trucks who haul these things to the grocery store. I'm sure this is a big chunk of it. So what is the solution? Drill here? Where? Is ANWAR the gold mine that we're waiting on?

Yeah the higher fuel prices are definately a big part of the problem IMO as is the decline in value of our dollar due to the fed printing too much money.

Solutions....now thats the trillion dollar question ;).

Me personally I think investing in alternative energy sources while also investing in traditional fossil fuels (drilling anwar, offshore, fracking, and all that other stuff people legitimately don't like due to environmental risks) would go a LONG way to helping us.

I mean if we, as a country, start producing more of our own oil we will keep our wealth here instead of sending it to other countries to buy their oil and we will also create new wealth by tapping the resources.

I'm sure there are lots of other things to do, raising interest rates for one, reducing planned money printing is another.

What ideas do you have in mind?

Right now O has only three safe havens: NY,Ca, Il. There's not a path for him to win. Miraculous recover of economy in the next 9 months could help him but probably not.

The WORST I can say about Barack beats the BEST that you can say about RepubliCONS.

Are you gonna tout how REPUBLICAN CORE BELIEFS tanked the economy?
Nope!!

It was (just) your average Texas-Republican....totally FUCKIN' THINGS UP!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKKvMJeBBSA]Q&A: Leslie & Andrew Cockburn - YouTube[/ame]

See: 5:00 thru 12:00

What a fucking moron, posting an hour long video and saying "see 5 through 12" yeah I have nothing better to do than that

Do you see why I can never put that asshole on ignore?

What a fucking retard

What a fucking moron, posting an hour long video and saying "see 5 through 12" yeah I have nothing better to do than that
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......7 minutes of your time!

You surely do fit the profile of a LAZY, FUCKIN' TEABAGGER!!!!

:eusa_hand:

Begone, 'Bagger!!

5 bucks says they don't run a candidate who will work on decreasing our national debt.

Wouldn't you winning that bet require at least one of the candidates to not have ALREADY campaigned on that? Because offhand, I can't think of a single one of them who hasn't talked about the need to decrease the national debt.

i wasn't talking about talk. i was referring to action.

The very first thing I have to say is that Obama is not the one to blame for our economy. No matter how you try to view it there is simply no denying that the economy we have today is a continuation of the economy that was handed to Obama on the day he took Office. It might be argued that he has done little to nothing to correct it, but it can not be said that he caused it.

Once that situation has been called for what it is, the Bush years extended, then you have to ask what Obama has done and the answer is precious little. Unforgivably he extended the Bush tax cuts and that alone doomed the economy to at least lackluster performance. But as to what he hasn't done, that is another story.

He has had nothing to work with. Congress has not given him a thing he asked for. And that was as true when Democrats held slim majorities in both houses as it is today. It is obstructionist policy in the Congress that has stopped Obama dead in his tracks and nothing else. That Obstructionist policy, or set of policies, was put in place and the ground held primarily by Republicans but they did in fact have help from old dog democrats who many of us call DiNOs, which of course means Democrats In Name Only. It is their collusion with those who demanded inaction who are the cause of the continuation of the Bush years, not President Obama.

The very first thing I have to say is that Obama is not the one to blame for our economy. No matter how you try to view it there is simply no denying that the economy we have today is a continuation of the economy that was handed to Obama on the day he took Office. It might be argued that he has done little to nothing to correct it, but it can not be said that he caused it.

Once that situation has been called for what it is, the Bush years extended, then you have to ask what Obama has done and the answer is precious little. Unforgivably he extended the Bush tax cuts and that alone doomed the economy to at least lackluster performance. But as to what he hasn't done, that is another story.

He has had nothing to work with. Congress has not given him a thing he asked for. And that was as true when Democrats held slim majorities in both houses as it is today. It is obstructionist policy in the Congress that has stopped Obama dead in his tracks and nothing else. That Obstructionist policy, or set of policies, was put in place and the ground held primarily by Republicans but they did in fact have help from old dog democrats who many of us call DiNOs, which of course means Democrats In Name Only. It is their collusion with those who demanded inaction who are the cause of the continuation of the Bush years, not President Obama.

Obama 2012

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH_StQ6KdW0]It Wasn't Me by Shaggy feat RikRok - YouTube[/ame]

Welcome to the forum.

You are wrong. The 'blame Bush' whine is past it's 'best before' date as the Brits would say.

And... if Congress has not given him a thing he asked for - that's because they are not elected to pander to the President. They are there to fulfill the promises they made to their constituents.

I would have thought that would be pretty damned obvious.

1) Your first chart shows the inflation RATE but the overall level of inflation is what I was referring to....things are roughly 20% more expensive from socks to milk to fuel.

For example, fuel prices under obama
dda09d089e9f__1327599743000.png

you can see the same results of costs of food and cloathing too

2) the 2nd chart also fails to include the wars in egypt/libya. It also doesn't include cash for clunkers, the 2nd stimulus (smaller one), the unemployemnt insurance extensions....amongst other things. Total dishonest chart, lame.

3) Yeah I'm whining about 3%, I make a 5 figure income, you know 10's of thousands in a year, not 100's of thousands or millions.....bush gave me a 3% tax cut, obama wants to give me a 3% tax hike on top of the inflation i'm paying under his leadership.

4) The republicans tried, they put up dozens of bills and got a couple passed but the presidents allies in the senate blocked some other bills that would have helped a lot. Its the truth, i'm not whining about the dems being obstructionist I'm just stating the facts

5) Your last paragraph leads me to believe you knew your information was hackish or else you wouldn't have needed to use insults to try and drive your point home.

Yes, you can definitely feel the squeeze when you go to grocery. It is painful. Wouldn't the price of fuel have a lot to do with this...I mean...along with the decline in the value of the American dollar. But the price of fuel for the trucks who haul these things to the grocery store. I'm sure this is a big chunk of it. So what is the solution? Drill here? Where? Is ANWAR the gold mine that we're waiting on?

Yeah the higher fuel prices are definately a big part of the problem IMO as is the decline in value of our dollar due to the fed printing too much money.

Me personally I think investing in alternative energy sources while also investing in traditional fossil fuels (drilling anwar, offshore, fracking, and all that other stuff people legitimately don't like due to environmental risks) would go a LONG way to helping us.

I mean if we, as a country, start producing more of our own oil we will keep our wealth here instead of sending it to other countries to buy their oil and we will also create new wealth by tapping the resources.

I'm sure there are lots of other things to do, raising interest rates for one, reducing planned money printing is another.

My ideas :razz:-Ron Paul or Hillary Clinton. I'm dreaming, but if Ron Paul won the nomination, I would totally vote Republican. I haven't since 2000, but I would for him.

I never thought that I would hear myself say this, but yeah...if it will keep us out of the Middle East, or decrease our need for troops in the Middle East:-hell yes! Drill now! I'm all about protecting our natural habitats, but there comes a time when one has to pick their battles wisely. Perhaps drill at ANWAR-if we are QUITE CERTAIN that there is a large amount of oil there; and then at some point, draw up some plans for repairing the habitat if and when the supply runs out. If there is as much there as is claimed, we won't see the end of it in our lifetimes.

There comes a time when you have to give a little. When it gets to the point that one has to choose between paying their electricity late or eating, we have a problem. And one of the biggest is the cost of logistics. If one can develop an alternative energy source that is more reliable, efficient, and affordable (unlike the electric cars)...they will be the hero of the era.

Hey there. If you are an old man, you have a longer memory than many of the people who post in here. Is it fair to say that the American economy has been on its way to the bottom, at a rapid pace, since about 1980? The deregulation...."government is the problem." I'm sure that you remember that. I was 5, so I've only read about it.

As I've posted before; I think that Obama walked into the White House as a mammoth-sized turd-that has been growing since about 1980-was finally birthed. He got the crap left over from years of bad choices. Deregulation in some places, and regulation in others.

I agree with you. It isn't fair to blame Obama for all of this mess. He did inherit one HELL of a mess. At the same time, it's not fair to blame Bush for everything either. Although I didn't think that his tax cuts were a good idea (as we're now missing as much as trillions of dollars in revenue, according to some sources), Iraq, and the Medicare Prescription drug plan. (If you use it, I'm sorry..no offense). But YEARS of financial shenanigans have put us where we are now.

You've been around for a few years. What are your thoughts?

My ideas :razz:-Ron Paul or Hillary Clinton. I'm dreaming, but if Ron Paul won the nomination, I would totally vote Republican. I haven't since 2000, but I would for him.

I never thought that I would hear myself say this, but yeah...if it will keep us out of the Middle East, or decrease our need for troops in the Middle East:-hell yes! Drill now! I'm all about protecting our natural habitats, but there comes a time when one has to pick their battles wisely. Perhaps drill at ANWAR-if we are QUITE CERTAIN that there is a large amount of oil there; and then at some point, draw up some plans for repairing the habitat if and when the supply runs out. If there is as much there as is claimed, we won't see the end of it in our lifetimes.

There comes a time when you have to give a little. When it gets to the point that one has to choose between paying their electricity late or eating, we have a problem. And one of the biggest is the cost of logistics. If one can develop an alternative energy source that is more reliable, efficient, and affordable (unlike the electric cars)...they will be the hero of the era.

That is why I support the drilling in the USA, more of a national security issue to me than anything....right now if we, for some reason, couldn't import oil it would be a disaster here.

I prefer we move to alternative energy but i'm realistic in knowing it wont be price point affordable for at least 20 years and we need to use what we have in the meantime.

I remember in 1996 I wrote a term paper on how solar power, over time, could drastically reshape the economies of the world. I've always been a big fan but at the same time i try not to let my desires override reality ;).

The very first thing ...

I think that the only thing that is pretty damned obvious is that the Republicans have caused the last three years to be wasted time because not only have they denied the President any of the programs he thought would be best for the country its also because they have managed to advance exactly none of their own Agenda - presuming they have any agenda other than obstruction.

In short the Congress has done nothing, and you sure as hell can't blame that on Obama.

Simple, a message that contrasts that of those controlling the White House and US Senate. Can it get worse then it is today? well then just wait till you see first hand of what 4 more years of hope and change have in store for you.

Welcome to the forum.

You are wrong. The 'blame Bush' whine is past it's 'best before' date as the Brits would say.

And... if Congress has not given him a thing he asked for - that's because they are not elected to pander to the President. They are there to fulfill the promises they made to their constituents.

It's not Bush's fault anymore? That's the excuse now?

24editorial_graph2-popup-thumb-560x622-58477.gif

All those decisions that Bush COMMITTED the country to? Those are Obama's?
Really? They were FINE expenditures, approved by republiCONS under the Bush admin, but now, 4/5ths of them aren't when Obama takes office?

Man....you CONZ will say ANY LIE won't you?
Even saying that GOING INTO IRAQ was Obama's fault because he didn't pull all our troops out the second he got into office.

Welcome to the forum.

All those decisions that Bush COMMITTED the country to?
Every dollar spent is done so voluntary.
The Obama CHOSE to continue any and every spending program from the Bush administration.
There's no way to honestly argue that the deficits are anyone's but His.

Forum List

Back