How do Christian and Jewish bankers ...

Anguille

Bane of the Urbane
Mar 8, 2008
... and pawnbrokers reconcile outrageous interest rates, nearly 40% on some credit cards and more than 400% at pawnbrokers and payday lenders, with their religious beliefs?

Isn't usury a sin?

Will Catholic bishops stop giving communion to Catholics who profit from predatory lending?

Who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken. Psalms 15:5

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. Matthew 6:24

And my favorite:

Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. Matthew 21:12

yeah well. I could offer up a defense of the lenders just to make a discussion. But if you wanna belong to any particular religion then you're supposed to play by its rules or go to hell ;)

Who lends his money without usury and does not accept a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken. Psalms 15:5

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money. Matthew 6:24

And my favorite:

Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves. Matthew 21:12

Actually that was really an idiotic thing to do. Jews travelling all the way to the temple needed to purchase stuff. He needed a chill pill.

yeah well. I could offer up a defense of the lenders just to make a discussion. But if you wanna belong to any particular religion then you're supposed to play by its rules or go to hell ;)

Im not sure that's entirely true. Take Buddhists, do they even have hell?

Forum List

Back