How did we get to this point?

Good question.

What's truly stunning, is Dimocrats had the opportunity to nominate someone younger, dynamic, good speaker, and would have been a good counter to Trump's style.
Instead, they went in the opposite direction and nominated an old school doddering fool, that is likely to decline rapidly once the real stress of being president is on his shoulders.
The truth is, if elected, the real power will be held by people who are radically different than Biden, and will be fooling him behind his back every day.

WTF were Dimocrats thinking? If Covid hadn't come along, Trump would have steamrolled them.
As I predicted.

What about the fact that so many think Trump is unfit? I assume your opinion is that they're lying, conned by the media, or both.
You’re missing the point, Mac. People aren’t allowed to express their opinions anymore without getting ridiculed or even potentially losing their job. Mike Wallace just got suspended for a benign FB post. That’s the real problem. I should be able to vote for Trump and you for Biden without half the country calling us idiots and traitors. Should not that be that difficult. Even worse Democrats call anyone who disagrees with them the dreaded “racist” word and then loot and riot.
I'm not missing it at all. I've had countless squabbles with the Regressive Left here on how they have weaponized PC and Identity Politics to control the conversation for cynical political gain. I've started multiple threads advocating against "Cancel Culture". I fully understand both the frustration and the pushback, and have discussed them often. And, for that, I've often been called a racist by the Regressive Left.
So you get it. Sometimes the vote for a party is really a vote against the other party. We only really have a choice of two. Thank you.

What you see here is nothing more than a concerted effort to try and diminish the fact that Biden is senile.
That is all this is. Trying to equate a weird speaking style with somone who suffers a rapid mental decline.

IT DON"T FLY

Biden stutters
Trump lies
Biden cannot form a coherent sentence. You have yet to post one Trump lie.
Of course he can
Numerous live TV appearances prove otherwise.

But being for Trump, you have to keep pushing the lie
Again, didn't list one. Which is what I expected. Liar.

Trump might be the greatest president in the history of America how is he not fit?
I'm assuming that's a serious question. I don't know how to respond.

Giving an example to support your position, would be an obvious step.
Yes, if I thought it might lead to an interesting conversation.

introspection beyond you, huh?
Sure, okay.

Good question.

What's truly stunning, is Dimocrats had the opportunity to nominate someone younger, dynamic, good speaker, and would have been a good counter to Trump's style.
Instead, they went in the opposite direction and nominated an old school doddering fool, that is likely to decline rapidly once the real stress of being president is on his shoulders.
The truth is, if elected, the real power will be held by people who are radically different than Biden, and will be fooling him behind his back every day.

WTF were Dimocrats thinking? If Covid hadn't come along, Trump would have steamrolled them.
As I predicted.

What about the fact that so many think Trump is unfit? I assume your opinion is that they're lying, conned by the media, or both.
You’re missing the point, Mac. People aren’t allowed to express their opinions anymore without getting ridiculed or even potentially losing their job. Mike Wallace just got suspended for a benign FB post. That’s the real problem. I should be able to vote for Trump and you for Biden without half the country calling us idiots and traitors. Should not that be that difficult. Even worse Democrats call anyone who disagrees with them the dreaded “racist” word and then loot and riot.
I'm not missing it at all. I've had countless squabbles with the Regressive Left here on how they have weaponized PC and Identity Politics to control the conversation for cynical political gain. I've started multiple threads advocating against "Cancel Culture". I fully understand both the frustration and the pushback, and have discussed them often. And, for that, I've often been called a racist by the Regressive Left.
So you get it. Sometimes the vote for a party is really a vote against the other party. We only really have a choice of two. Thank you.
I just wish both weren't so repulsive to me.

But being for Trump, you have to keep pushing the lie
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

YOU??? - :lol:
You accusing someone of pushing a lie?????

laugh.jpg

Trump might be the greatest president in the history of America how is he not fit?

Sure, okay.

Your inability to support your premise is noted. Yet we know you stand by it.

Sure, okay.

Sure, okay.

As for me, I don't see the point in involving myself in conversations that will bore me. Like this one.

So, think what you'd like. See ya.

Sure, okay.

Sure, okay.

As for me, I don't see the point in involving myself in conversations that will bore me. Like this one.

So, think what you'd like. See ya.

Yet you start conversations on a public forum. Mmm.

The public should not trust these polls. These polls are being use as evidence to start an investigation. They are claiming that these polls are being done by a group of highly educated polling doctors. That went to the best polling schools on the planet. And if the majority of the public has trust in these polls. That they can be use as evidence to start an investigation.
It is all about the public opinion. That is why there are handwritten petitions., because everything is based on public opinion. That is why they are using protesters to overturn or start investigations. But not reporting conservative's protest. Pretending that there are no complaints by them.
And so every conservatives better start shouting out loud that these polls don't have any scientific means to know what is the public is thinking, that these polls are fake as the flat earth story.
And if any news outlet, even including Fox news pushes these polls as true facts. That these media outlets are working for the Deep state. That they are trying to convince the public that these polls as authenticated scientific studies.
But if the conservatives start not trusting in these polls. That they will use psychology on them by saying that the polls are saying that Pres.Trump's supporters are the sexiest people just to get them to come back trusting in these polls.
So everyone should shout out loud saying take these polls and shove it.....,

A petition may be oral rather than written, or may be transmitted via the Internet.

The specific numbers in a poll like this are far less important than the fact that, regardless of what the actual numbers are, a large swath of the public thinks that we're faced with two candidates who are badly flawed in terms their psychological / physiological / temperamental acuity.

So the point of the thread is to ask, how have we reached a point at which this is really the best we can do?

Obviously there are those who think the only flawed candidate is the one from the "other" party, and they're going to offer the standard talking points. I'm more interested in those who can take a more big picture view of where we are as a country and society.

The public should not trust these polls. These polls are being use as evidence to start an investigation. They are claiming that these polls are being done by a group of highly educated polling doctors. That went to the best polling schools on the planet. And if the majority of the public has trust in these polls. That they can be use as evidence to start an investigation.
It is all about the public opinion. That is why there are handwritten petitions., because everything is based on public opinion. That is why they are using protesters to overturn or start investigations. But not reporting conservative's protest. Pretending that there are no complaints by them.
And so every conservatives better start shouting out loud that these polls don't have any scientific means to know what is the public is thinking, that these polls are fake as the flat earth story.
And if any news outlet, even including Fox news pushes these polls as true facts. That these media outlets are working for the Deep state. That they are trying to convince the public that these polls as authenticated scientific studies.
But if the conservatives start not trusting in these polls. That they will use psychology on them by saying that the polls are saying that Pres.Trump's supporters are the sexiest people just to get them to come back trusting in these polls.

A petition may be oral rather than written, or may be transmitted via the Internet.

The specific numbers in a poll like this are far less important than the fact that, regardless of what the actual numbers are, a large swath of the public thinks that we're faced with two candidates who are badly flawed in terms their psychological / physiological / temperamental acuity.

So the point of the thread is to ask, how have we reached a point at which this is really the best we can do?

Obviously there are those who think the only flawed candidate is the one from the "other" party, and they're going to offer the standard talking points. I'm more interested in those who can take a more big picture view of where we are as a country and society.

parrot.png

Good question.

As I predicted.

I was repulsive too. My bad. The key is to offer what you would do differently IMO vs. just providing criticism. To me Trump was necessary. As much as you and many others see him as a villain he has brought out people's true feelings and now we need to deal with them.

Most voters don’t see Trump and Biden as mentally fit to be president, new poll shows

I realize that, for a majority here, their candidate is fine and it's just the other that's the problem. For those who can think a bit more clearly, any guesses? I'll toss out a few:

1. A distorted political system that needs review and adjustments
2. The growing tribalism and division that is tearing the country apart and pointing at a desperate need for a third party
3. Culturally-based lowered standards for pretty much everything

Other ideas/thoughts?

You fourteen or something? This is the very same rhetoric that has played out again and again every four years for the past 100 years......

Good question.

As I predicted.

I was repulsive too. My bad. The key is to offer what you would do differently IMO vs. just providing criticism. To me Trump was necessary. As much as you and many others see him as a villain he has brought out people's true feelings and now we need to deal with them.
I've tried to understand the moment, and I definitely think I do in some ways (as I've described above).

If this is a pivotal moment in that it will be a wake-up call and a turning point, okay. We just need to live through it. But seeing both sides of this, it's difficult for me to be terribly positive right now. For the sake of my beautiful kids, I'm looking forward to being proven wrong.

Most voters don’t see Trump and Biden as mentally fit to be president, new poll shows

I realize that, for a majority here, their candidate is fine and it's just the other that's the problem. For those who can think a bit more clearly, any guesses? I'll toss out a few:

2. The growing tribalism and division that is tearing the country apart and pointing at a desperate need for a third party

Other ideas/thoughts?

You fourteen or something? This is the very same rhetoric that has played out again and again every four years for the past 100 years......
No, it hasn't.

Looks like we disagree.

They're not the same, but they're both deeply pathetic options for the leader of the most powerful country on Earth.

Or we just spend so much time navel gazing no one looks good.

Come on, every election of my lifetime, I've heard the "Lesser of two evils" crap. The reality, with the exception of Trump, most people who've run for President have been highly qualified for the job. But we keep coming up with reasons to not like them, we put them and their families through the meat grinder, and we don't like the result.
“...we keep coming up with reasons to not like them.” Funny Joe, but I tend to think they give us lots of reasons to not like them, by the actions they take while in office.

Other ideas/thoughts?

I’m not caring what either party does. The last two Presidential elections have featured dumb and dumber. Until we wise up and go third party we have no chance and Deserve what we get.

You vote D or R, you have no right to complain, you are the problem.

Good question.

As I predicted.

I've tried to understand the moment, and I definitely think I do in some ways (as I've described above).

If this is a pivotal moment in that it will be a wake-up call and a turning point, okay. We just need to live through it. But seeing both sides of this, it's difficult for me to be terribly positive right now. For the sake of my beautiful kids, I'm looking forward to being proven wrong.
My kids cannot even provide their honest opinions without being vilified. We need to listen to each other vs. scream at one another.

Congress has a 21% approval rating? Most of our politicians are flawed.

Forum List

Back