How come there are over 40,000 christian denominations and more invented daily

You want to pretend that Catholicism doesn't believe that Adam and Eve were real. Making you not even a Catholic. Now you know.
I said Catholicism doesn't believe Adam and Ever were real?!? Get a grip. Adam is not only the name of the Father of all humanity, it is the Hebrew name that designates humanity. i.e., When God created humanity. Eve is also known as the mother of all. Down through the ages, Catholics have offered various perspectives on Genesis. One I remember reading as a child is that since Adam is also the term for humanity, Adam was a tribe (with the leader, Adam) that grew and divided into other tribes--i.e., Cain and Abel. The tribe of Cain were agriculturalists and tribe of Abel were herdsmen. The murder of Abel by Cain could have been individual against individual...and it also could have been an account of the first war--agriculturalists protecting their land and crops from the herdsmen whose livestock had a habit of desecrating fields. The first tribe of Adam eventually produced the third tribe of Seth.

No one can say which is closer to actual historical/biographical truth, but no matter which hypothesis fits best the information presented in Genesis, the spiritual truth does not vary. It works whether Adam/Eve were single people and it works whether Adam/Eve were the first tribe of humanity. The Catholic Church's prime focus is teaching the spiritual truths of the account; various other theories don't disturb these teachings.

This guy is so desperate to validate his beliefs he has constructed an alternate reality universe devoted to his delusions.

Still trying to figure out precisely what his beliefs are. Thus far, it seems to require trying to invalidate other truths/beliefs. He seems to be offering things like, "Apples don't grow on trees. I can prove this by showing you oranges grow on trees." Then he describes apples as creatures that fly, which he believes furthers his case that apples don't grow on trees. It's difficult to untangle that type of reasoning.

This guy is so desperate to validate his beliefs he has constructed an alternate reality universe devoted to his delusions.

Still trying to figure out precisely what his beliefs are. Thus far, it seems to require trying to invalidate other truths/beliefs. He seems to be offering things like, "Apples don't grow on trees. I can prove this by showing you oranges grow on trees." Then he describes apples as creatures that fly, which he believes furthers his case that apples don't grow on trees. It's difficult to untangle that type of reasoning.
He is here for only one reason... to amuse himself. He believes anyone who believes in God is stupid. He condemns respect for anyone who believes in God, especially Christians. He has elevated his non-belief in God to a religion and he attacks people like a rival religion attacks another rival religion. Your assessment of his arguments is spot on. His reasoning ability is limited so he has to misstate what we say and use logic that makes no sense at all. Sadly he is not one of a kind. I think you have handled him really well. I'll probably ignore him from here on out.

You want to pretend that Catholicism doesn't believe that Adam and Eve were real. Making you not even a Catholic. Now you know.
I said Catholicism doesn't believe Adam and Ever were real?!? Get a grip. Adam is not only the name of the Father of all humanity, it is the Hebrew name that designates humanity. i.e., When God created humanity. Eve is also known as the mother of all. Down through the ages, Catholics have offered various perspectives on Genesis. One I remember reading as a child is that since Adam is also the term for humanity, Adam was a tribe (with the leader, Adam) that grew and divided into other tribes--i.e., Cain and Abel. The tribe of Cain were agriculturalists and tribe of Abel were herdsmen. The murder of Abel by Cain could have been individual against individual...and it also could have been an account of the first war--agriculturalists protecting their land and crops from the herdsmen whose livestock had a habit of desecrating fields. The first tribe of Adam eventually produced the third tribe of Seth.

No one can say which is closer to actual historical/biographical truth, but no matter which hypothesis fits best the information presented in Genesis, the spiritual truth does not vary. It works whether Adam/Eve were single people and it works whether Adam/Eve were the first tribe of humanity. The Catholic Church's prime focus is teaching the spiritual truths of the account; various other theories don't disturb these teachings.
I'm surprised that you don't burst into flames when you eat one of those little round crackers.
The Catholic church believes that Adam & Eve were real people, and teach that god wanted Adam not to have sex with the woman but to stay in homo heaven with Him. Adam preferred pussy over fudge and was booted out of Eden. Ok, maybe not in those EXACT words... :D

I'm surprised that you don't burst into flames when you eat one of those little round crackers.
The Catholic church believes that Adam & Eve were real people, and teach that god wanted Adam not to have sex with the woman but to stay in homo heaven with Him. Adam preferred pussy over fudge and was booted out of Eden. Ok, maybe not in those EXACT words... :D
Your parents did a horrible job of teaching you Catholic thought.

The Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary estimated 34,000 denominations in 2000, rising to an estimated 43,000 in 2012. These numbers have exploded from 1,600 in the year 1900.

so which one is the one "true" church?

The one that looks at facts--From Moses on up until this very day--they taught, served and worshipped a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah) and the true religion today accept the one sent forth by God -the Messiah= Jesus. Yes maybe 40,000 of them claiming to be Christian, but what does the bible teach? Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided( 33,997trinity religions) will not stand.
1Cor 1:10-- unity of thought-no division= one single religion has Jesus as its head.
So which church is that?

The one that teaches --every utterance from God.
Are you homeless?

No, are you?

Your parents did a horrible job of teaching you Catholic thought.
They weren't Catholic, they just wanted to send me to a specific school, and it was a Catholic private school.

The Center for the Study of Global Christianity at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary estimated 34,000 denominations in 2000, rising to an estimated 43,000 in 2012. These numbers have exploded from 1,600 in the year 1900.

so which one is the one "true" church?

The one that looks at facts--From Moses on up until this very day--they taught, served and worshipped a single being God named-YHWH(Jehovah) and the true religion today accept the one sent forth by God -the Messiah= Jesus. Yes maybe 40,000 of them claiming to be Christian, but what does the bible teach? Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided( 33,997trinity religions) will not stand.
1Cor 1:10-- unity of thought-no division= one single religion has Jesus as its head.
So which church is that?

Are you homeless?

No, are you?
So which church do you belong to? Or if you will, what soup kitchen do you attend?

Nature created homosexuality and trans... as well. They are a standard of nature as well.
Diversity Is Perversity

All you are pointing out is that nature created impurities, deformities, and toxicities. Intelligence weeds them out. Intelligence never accepts what mindless nature imposes on us.

Theists believe without proof. What is worse but loudly preached as better, New Age religion believes what has been obviously disproven. Forced to choose between only those two, we have to accept religion in order to survive.
Alexander Solzhenitsyn

“More than half a century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of older people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: ‘Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.’”

“Since then I have spent well-nigh fifty years working on the history of our Revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies,

and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval...But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous Revolution that swallowed up some sixty million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.’”

“Templeton Lecture, May 10, 1983,” in The Solzhenitsyn Reader: New and Essential Writings, 1947-2005, eds. Edward E. Ericson, Jr. and Daniel J. Mahoney (Wilmington, DE: Intercollegiate Studies Institute, 2006), 577

So?

Just as you do to your cult with Biblical passages, you post these quotations as if they were undeniable mathematical proof. Free men automatically reject such authoritarian bullying attitudes. We refuse to listen to more because being so pushy is a form of verbal abuse.

Undeniable mathematical proof? No. Self evident truths that are proven through reason and experience? Yes. Reason and experience tell us that virtue is necessary for freedom and liberty. I posted those quotes in response to your comment that we have to accept religion to survive. Religion does serve a vital purpose. It does what government cannot do. It teaches morality and virtue. Without virtue and morality there can be no freedom and liberty.
Religion preaches morality and virtue? Umm... no. Religions dump on homos and women, to name just two groups. They've tortured people, burnt them at the stake, beheaded them... there's even a holy war going on in the Middle East right now...
The Bible teaches morality.
Do you hate it because it says your homosexual practices are wrong? What is driving you to deny Christ yet I see no posts from you on this website concerning Buddha, Hinduism or Islam.

Diversity Is Perversity

All you are pointing out is that nature created impurities, deformities, and toxicities. Intelligence weeds them out. Intelligence never accepts what mindless nature imposes on us.

Theists believe without proof. What is worse but loudly preached as better, New Age religion believes what has been obviously disproven. Forced to choose between only those two, we have to accept religion in order to survive.
Alexander Solzhenitsyn

“More than half a century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of older people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: ‘Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.’”

“Since then I have spent well-nigh fifty years working on the history of our Revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies,

and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval...But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous Revolution that swallowed up some sixty million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat: "Men have forgotten God; that's why all this has happened.’”

“Templeton Lecture, May 10, 1983,” in The Solzhenitsyn Reader: New and Essential Writings, 1947-2005, eds. Edward E. Ericson, Jr. and Daniel J. Mahoney (Wilmington, DE: Intercollegiate Studies Institute, 2006), 577

So?

Just as you do to your cult with Biblical passages, you post these quotations as if they were undeniable mathematical proof. Free men automatically reject such authoritarian bullying attitudes. We refuse to listen to more because being so pushy is a form of verbal abuse.

Undeniable mathematical proof? No. Self evident truths that are proven through reason and experience? Yes. Reason and experience tell us that virtue is necessary for freedom and liberty. I posted those quotes in response to your comment that we have to accept religion to survive. Religion does serve a vital purpose. It does what government cannot do. It teaches morality and virtue. Without virtue and morality there can be no freedom and liberty.
Religion preaches morality and virtue? Umm... no. Religions dump on homos and women, to name just two groups. They've tortured people, burnt them at the stake, beheaded them... there's even a holy war going on in the Middle East right now...
Do you hate it because it says your homosexual practices are wrong? What is driving you to deny Christ yet I see no posts from you on this website concerning Buddha, Hinduism or Islam.
"If a man also lieth with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13)

Prostitution is punished by burning the woman alive according to Leviticus 21:9

So you live by the moral standard that says gays and prostitutes should be killed?

So which church is that?

Are you homeless?

No, are you?
So which church do you belong to? Or if you will, what soup kitchen do you attend?

I never found an institution that calls its buildings church that belong to Jesus. How did you know I just ate soup?

...So we need a better substitute for religion; the alternatives we have now are far worse. They will lead to destruction, whereas religion only leads to stagnancy.

The founding fathers of communism agreed with you.

Communism is naturalized humanism. Karl Marx

The propaganda of atheism is necessary for our programs. Vladimir Lenin
Jesus Was Presented as the Son of God, Setting a Bad Precedent for Hereditary Power

Marx and Lenin were sons of the rich, a privileged clique that you worship. So you are attacking your own Masters' spawn.

Alexander Solzhenitsyn

So?

"If a man also lieth with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them" (Leviticus 20:13)

So you live by the moral standard that says gays and prostitutes should be killed?
Why are you terrified to answer?

...So we need a better substitute for religion; the alternatives we have now are far worse. They will lead to destruction, whereas religion only leads to stagnancy.

The founding fathers of communism agreed with you.

Communism is naturalized humanism. Karl Marx

The propaganda of atheism is necessary for our programs. Vladimir Lenin
Jesus Was Presented as the Son of God, Setting a Bad Precedent for Hereditary Power

Marx and Lenin were sons of the rich, a privileged clique that you worship. So you are attacking your own Masters' spawn.
Don't be silly. I am not worshiping America's founding fathers or rich people. I am telling you that the founding fathers of freedom and liberty knew that freedom and liberty could not exist without virtue and morality. While the founding fathers of communism knew that communism could not exist without atheism.

The account of Genesis is allegorical. God did not magically create the universe in one step. He set the rules of nature and let nature take its course. You cannot dispute that the laws of nature are such that at the moment space and time came into existence, beings that know and create were pre-destined to eventually arise. Here is the proof you have been looking for. Maybe one day, you will realize that the exact moment you lost this argument was when you admitted that tangible items could be used as evidence. The reality is that the Bible correctly explains that the universe had a beginning and was created in steps. Science tells us that the universe did have a beginning and what we see today is a result of the evolution of matter and was a process that was done in steps. Subatomic particles evolved into hydrogen and helium. Hydrogen and helium formed cosmic structures. Supernovas created the other elements. Chemical evolution created all the compounds. Life mad the leap from inorganic matter to organic matter. Life made the leap from single cells to multi cells and to eventually beings that know and create. The laws of nature came into existence at the time space and time were created. Those laws predestined that beings that know and create would eventually arise. Check mate.
"You cannot dispute that the laws of nature are such that at the moment space and time came into existence, beings that know and create were pre-destined to eventually arise." Other than hindsight, you have nothing, admit it.
I have science that proves it. What do you have that disproves it?
So what denomination are you that believes these heretic concepts of the bible?
Where is your proof that the universe did not have a beginning?

"In the very beginning, there was a void, a curious form of vacuum, a nothingness containing no space, no time, no matter, no light, no sound. Yet the laws of in and this curious vacuum held potential. A story logically begins at the beginning, but this story is about the universe and unfortunately there are no data for the very beginnings--none, zero. We don't know anything about the universe until it reaches the mature age of a billion of a trillionth of a second. That is, some very short time after creation in the big bang. When you read or hear anything about the birth of the universe, someone is making it up--we are in the realm of philosophy. Only God knows what happened at the very beginning."

In November of 1919, at the age of 40, Albert Einstein became an overnight celebrity, thanks to a solar eclipse. Eddington’s experiment had confirmed that light rays from distant stars were deflected by the gravity of the sun in just the amount he had predicted in his theory of gravity, general relativity. Since then, general relativity has been reaffirmed in a myriad of other ways.

General relativity was applied to the structure and evolution of the universe as a whole. The leading cosmological theory, called the Big Bang theory, was formulated in 1922 by the Russian mathematician and meteorologist Alexander Friedmann. Friedmann began with Einstein's equations of general relativity and found a solution to those equations in which the universe began in a state of extremely high density and temperature (the so-called Big Bang) and then expanded in time, thinning out and cooling as it did so.

That the universe had a beginning is widely accepted within the scientific community. The Big Bang theory has been independently validated by Hubble and Slipher - who discovered that spiral galaxies were moving away from earth - and the discovery and confirmation of the cosmic microwave background radiation in 1964.
The Lunatics' Debate

Black Holes and the singularity that led to the Big Bang are both impossible concentrations of matter. Believing in them is as stupid as believing that the world was created in 6 days. Other modern beliefs, such as the ones about justice, are as harmfully permissive as sharia or Puritanism is oppressive. So we need a better substitute for religion; the alternatives we have now are far worse. They will lead to destruction, whereas religion only leads to stagnancy.
How about Constitutionalism? And exercising due process and right to petition to redress grievances in order to resolve conflicts and objections. The purpose being to protect and include people of all beliefs and creeds while reaching a consensus on policy, and perfecting the democratic process of conflict resolution as a benefit and tool.

So?

Dear Weatherman2020 are you addressing Mudda
If so it's likely because more Christians believe in rebuke using either Bible for church issues ot Constitutional laws and process for state issues, while followers of other faiths don't tend to take on public duty as Christians or other ppl do who are acting as govt to reform policy. More Christians tend to be more proactive vocal and public while other faiths remain more private. Because of faith in seeking agreement in truth by correction and rebuke.

If so it's likely because more Christians believe in rebuke using either Bible for church issues ot Constitutional laws and process for state issues, while followers of other faiths don't tend to take on public duty as Christians or other ppl do who are acting as govt to reform policy. More Christians tend to be more proactive vocal and public while other faiths remain more private. Because of faith in seeking agreement in truth by correction and rebuke.
This thread is about a world wide issue. Christians are the majority in America so they promote their point of view. Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists have plenty of nation where they are the majority and they to promote their views in those societies.

But atheists on attack Judeo-Christian beliefs. And they do it for one reason and one reason only.
It is the one true religion.

This thread is about a world wide issue. Christians are the majority in America so they promote their point of view. Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists have plenty of nation where they are the majority and they to promote their views in those societies.

But atheists on attack Judeo-Christian beliefs. And they do it for one reason and one reason only.
It is the one true religion.
No, non-believers are just trying to help cure you of your delusions. That you are here is a good sign, you're questioning those delusions.

Forum List

Back