How can you not be racist?

I enjoyed him. It was just I'd never seen him talk the way he did in a stand up cause I'd only seen him in movies before that. South Park is the funniest tv show though.
I rate them Family Guy first then South park then simpsons last. Remember southpark about Muslims? Dumb dumb dumb? That episode helped me a lot in my journey towards atheism because it isnt just their story that dumb dumb dumb. Lol
Do you mean mormons? lol. I like south park because it makes fun of everyone and doesn't give a shit.
I fixed it. Isnt it insane people believe such stories? How can being dumb enough to believe that story be good for people?

Even if it makes people feel good and be good is it necessary? Do they need the lie to feel or be good?
I've known Mormons and the very foundation of there religion makes them be good people. I never confronted them about how ridiculous the start of it was but every Mormon I've known was a very active and contributing member of society. I don't know why.

On a side note I believe that people have spiritual needs otherwise religion wouldn't exist. Maybe it just gives people a sense of purpose that prevents them from getting depressed. There are many good atheists too but atheists don't have a set of guidelines or a real moral code of any sort. It's literally just do whatever the fuck you want. I truly believe that religion used to play a key role in the success of the United States and that the way things are going now people are much more immoral, have lower standards for themselves, and overall as a country people lack integrity. Also marriage being a sacred thing helps out the family structure that makes children become successful.
Most of the 51% of americans that are getting divorces and not raising their children right get married in christian churches and say they believe in god. In fact they swear to god it'll be till death do they part then they renig.

Gays getting married or women getting abortions is not ruining america. I'd rather 2 gay men properly raise a child than have a kid live in a broken home where his straight parents are divorced. And I'd rather a woman who won't be a good parent not bring a child into this world. Empty rooms at an orphanage are not ruining america.

I don't think abortion ruins America I just think it's murder past a certain point because they baby is clearly alive and is human. Gays raising kids... I don't know. I would advise against it but I really don't care too much. Divorce rates are crazy but there is a difference in active church members vs people who say they believe in god. 90% of Americans believe in god but that doesn't mean they follow it or truly practice it. What about all the holiday Catholics and people that just associate with religion even though they never attend it or read any spiritual material. I would say most Americans fall under that umbrella today which in my mind means they aren't truly religious at all. Having a female parent to look up to as well as a male parent seems best to me because you will be dealing with both sexes through life and there are many differences. I guess for me the best examples I've seen of good citizens in my life were religious people. Non religious people drank heavily, were worse parents, and lacked morals. I don't think most of the people I speak poorly of were in fact atheist but they definitely didn't care about religion either.

It's really easy - you turn your brain on.

The OP "question" is so stunningly ignorant, shallow and stupid that I am compelled to agree even with IndoRed.
Today I went to greektown in Detroit for greek independence day parade. We still celebrate the anniversary of when we were freed from the turks. I thought about this thread every time I saw a nice black family.

Do you mean mormons? lol. I like south park because it makes fun of everyone and doesn't give a shit.
I fixed it. Isnt it insane people believe such stories? How can being dumb enough to believe that story be good for people?

Even if it makes people feel good and be good is it necessary? Do they need the lie to feel or be good?
I've known Mormons and the very foundation of there religion makes them be good people. I never confronted them about how ridiculous the start of it was but every Mormon I've known was a very active and contributing member of society. I don't know why.

On a side note I believe that people have spiritual needs otherwise religion wouldn't exist. Maybe it just gives people a sense of purpose that prevents them from getting depressed. There are many good atheists too but atheists don't have a set of guidelines or a real moral code of any sort. It's literally just do whatever the fuck you want. I truly believe that religion used to play a key role in the success of the United States and that the way things are going now people are much more immoral, have lower standards for themselves, and overall as a country people lack integrity. Also marriage being a sacred thing helps out the family structure that makes children become successful.
It is true every Mormon I know seems to be wonderful. Even Romneys family seems nice.

And as an athiest yes, do whatever the fuck you want as long as its not hurting anyone else. Want to bang another dude smoke pot get an abortion? Go for it.

But its not do whatever you want. You have to obey our laws. What is it we are doing that is against christianity that is leading to the distruction of society? Does losing religion cause the breakdown in marriage? Because I agree kids not living in a 2 parent home is a problem. But not a problem if the 2 parents are athiest or gay. Athiests make good parents. They dont tell their kids do whatever you want. We just dont use a lie to teach right and wrong.
Atheists can be fine. It's just the set of moral guidance isn't there imo. None of the things you mentioned atheists do I think should be outlawed except abortion. I don't know when the defining point is when a baby becomes a person but some abortions are just messed up. I don't know how the country would look if everyone was atheist. I just think religion has good moral guidance for the most part that leads to a good life.
Every abortion was a good abortion. You know why? Because the woman carrying the fetus wanted it.

If I found out in 7 months my baby would be severely retarded I'd want a late term abortion. If my dumb 17 year old got knocked up I'd want her to have an abortion. No reason not to if you dont believe in god of the bible.

Life isnt that precious I have to raise a mongaloid or carry a baby 9 months because you believe in an imaginary man.
Then I don't see what's wrong with killing a deformed/retarded baby right after birth by that logic. I just see it as wrong because I think life is sacred and I'd be fucking pissed if a girl I knocked up did that.

It's really easy - you turn your brain on.

The OP "question" is so stunningly ignorant, shallow and stupid that I am compelled to agree even with IndoRed.
Today I went to greektown in Detroit for greek independence day parade. We still celebrate the anniversary of when we were freed from the turks. I thought about this thread every time I saw a nice black family.
The thread was meant to create arguments and I think it did it's job for a while then went off topic because people got tired of arguing about racist shit.

I rate them Family Guy first then South park then simpsons last. Remember southpark about Muslims? Dumb dumb dumb? That episode helped me a lot in my journey towards atheism because it isnt just their story that dumb dumb dumb. Lol

Most of the 51% of americans that are getting divorces and not raising their children right get married in christian churches and say they believe in god. In fact they swear to god it'll be till death do they part then they renig.

Gays getting married or women getting abortions is not ruining america. I'd rather 2 gay men properly raise a child than have a kid live in a broken home where his straight parents are divorced. And I'd rather a woman who won't be a good parent not bring a child into this world. Empty rooms at an orphanage are not ruining america.

I don't think abortion ruins America I just think it's murder past a certain point because they baby is clearly alive and is human. Gays raising kids... I don't know. I would advise against it but I really don't care too much. Divorce rates are crazy but there is a difference in active church members vs people who say they believe in god. 90% of Americans believe in god but that doesn't mean they follow it or truly practice it. What about all the holiday Catholics and people that just associate with religion even though they never attend it or read any spiritual material. I would say most Americans fall under that umbrella today which in my mind means they aren't truly religious at all. Having a female parent to look up to as well as a male parent seems best to me because you will be dealing with both sexes through life and there are many differences. I guess for me the best examples I've seen of good citizens in my life were religious people. Non religious people drank heavily, were worse parents, and lacked morals. I don't think most of the people I speak poorly of were in fact atheist but they definitely didn't care about religion either.
I have a friend who very much believes in god but he's a ignorant lazy arrogant fool. He just got his second divorce. He met wife number two at church. She was sleeping with her first husband behind his back. Belief in god hasn't helped him be a better person just makes him feel better about himself.

I get what you are saying though. My brother is religious and he's raising his kids right. I just dont think the lie is necessary. But it isnt a lie if he believes it.

It is true every Mormon I know seems to be wonderful. Even Romneys family seems nice.

And as an athiest yes, do whatever the fuck you want as long as its not hurting anyone else. Want to bang another dude smoke pot get an abortion? Go for it.

But its not do whatever you want. You have to obey our laws. What is it we are doing that is against christianity that is leading to the distruction of society? Does losing religion cause the breakdown in marriage? Because I agree kids not living in a 2 parent home is a problem. But not a problem if the 2 parents are athiest or gay. Athiests make good parents. They dont tell their kids do whatever you want. We just dont use a lie to teach right and wrong.
Atheists can be fine. It's just the set of moral guidance isn't there imo. None of the things you mentioned atheists do I think should be outlawed except abortion. I don't know when the defining point is when a baby becomes a person but some abortions are just messed up. I don't know how the country would look if everyone was atheist. I just think religion has good moral guidance for the most part that leads to a good life.
Every abortion was a good abortion. You know why? Because the woman carrying the fetus wanted it.

If I found out in 7 months my baby would be severely retarded I'd want a late term abortion. If my dumb 17 year old got knocked up I'd want her to have an abortion. No reason not to if you dont believe in god of the bible.

Life isnt that precious I have to raise a mongaloid or carry a baby 9 months because you believe in an imaginary man.
Then I don't see what's wrong with killing a deformed/retarded baby right after birth by that logic. I just see it as wrong because I think life is sacred and I'd be fucking pissed if a girl I knocked up did that.
I'm a spartan. We would have taken that retarded baby and thrown it in the pit of death.

I have a friend who very much believes in god but he's a ignorant lazy arrogant fool. He just got his second divorce. He met wife number two at church. She was sleeping with her first husband behind his back. Belief in god hasn't helped him be a better person just makes him feel better about himself.

I get what you are saying though. My brother is religious and he's raising his kids right. I just dont think the lie is necessary. But it isnt a lie if he believes it.
I don't think people are inherently better because they attend churches. I think that it can be a tool to make people better.

I don't think people are inherently better because they attend churches. I think that it can be a tool to make people better.
Or it just makes them feel better about themselves after being an asshole all week. On saturdays after working all day Friday and playing poker till 2am I go to the gym and go from the steam room to the pool to the hot tub back to the pool then the sauna then back to the pool. All while drinking a ton of water. I sweat off the smoke and sweat out the alcohol. I suppose people go to church for the mental equivalent.

Or it just makes them feel better about themselves after being an asshole all week. On saturdays after working all day Friday and playing poker till 2am I go to the gym and go from the steam room to the pool to the hot tub back to the pool then the sauna then back to the pool. All while drinking a ton of water. I sweat off the smoke and sweat out the alcohol. I suppose people go to church for the mental equivalent.
I just hold the opinion churches do more good than bad. I've had other arguments with people claiming that the world would be better off without religion but I think people will find reasons to discriminate, kill, and start wars no matter their beliefs.

The People's Pakora

Green Lantern (DC Comics) is a popular American comic book superhero who carries a special magical ring which affords him incredible abilities.

Multiple fictional individuals have donned the mantle of Green Lantern, including the interesting Hal Jordan and the pensive John Stewart.

John Stewart Green Lantern is African-American.

Is this a double-edged sword?

:afro:

Strange--I have been robbed by whites, blacks, hispanics and even one muslim of 'arab' descent.

I have been lied about by an even greater diversified group of individuals.(However, some did apologize when I demonstrated what they said was false. It is the ones that denied proof of their 'mistake' I have issues with!)

However, I don't think every human lacks integrity--I just think a lack of integrity is a possible trait in humans.

Advice--disregard Jesus advice on forgive and forget, treat each individual according to how they behave. From my experience, pardoning a lesser transgression usually lead to a greater transgression by the same individual.

Hence, to forgive and forget is a pathway to a miserable life if you are not careful of your choice of associates--a screening process is necessary to make Jesus advice work.

I just hold the opinion churches do more good than bad. I've had other arguments with people claiming that the world would be better off without religion but I think people will find reasons to discriminate, kill, and start wars no matter their beliefs.
As long as they go to war for legit reasons I'm OK with war. To defend the innocent. For freedom. To fight them over there so we dont have to fight them here or wmd's.

Of course I'm referring to Iraq. I think religion was used to justify that war. Or it was a religious american society that was suckered into it.

Is religion doing more good than bad in Saudi Arabia or afganistan? How bout for Arab women? Would you rather be a Muslim woman in Pakistan or athiest in america?

it seems relatively simple to me - simply refuse to throw all people of any group, whether it be race/color/creed/etc into a "one size fits all" set of characteristics.

within virtually any man-made grouping of people, you will undoubtedly find those who run the gamut in terms of economics, character, prejudices, logic, intelligence, etc.

simply refuse to jump on what seems to be, the popular "bandwagon" of assuming all people of any group can be defined as perfectly homogenous.

instead, recognize and accept there are inevitably those who will characterize "the good, the bad, and the ugly" of human behavior within all groups (i.e. these are "human" characteristics that are not bound by such feeble boundaries).

with that knowledge, make a conscious decision to give folks of all "groups" different than your own the benefit of a doubt and judge them by the "content of their character" above all else.

As long as they go to war for legit reasons I'm OK with war. To defend the innocent. For freedom. To fight them over there so we dont have to fight them here or wmd's.

Of course I'm referring to Iraq. I think religion was used to justify that war. Or it was a religious american society that was suckered into it.

Is religion doing more good than bad in Saudi Arabia or afganistan? How bout for Arab women? Would you rather be a Muslim woman in Pakistan or athiest in america?
If they like their Muslim way of life it's up to them. I promise if you tried to gather all the Muslim women in the middle east and "save them" from their culture/religion they would not go with you.

Of course I'm referring to Iraq. I think religion was used to justify that war...

You're wrong.
Partially
it seems relatively simple to me - simply refuse to throw all people of any group, whether it be race/color/creed/etc into a "one size fits all" set of characteristics.

within virtually any man-made grouping of people, you will undoubtedly find those who run the gamut in terms of economics, character, prejudices, logic, intelligence, etc.

simply refuse to jump on what seems to be, the popular "bandwagon" of assuming all people of any group can be defined as perfectly homogenous.

instead, recognize and accept there are inevitably those who will characterize "the good, the bad, and the ugly" of human behavior within all groups (i.e. these are "human" characteristics that are not bound by such feeble boundaries).

with that knowledge, make a conscious decision to give folks of all "groups" different than your own the benefit of a doubt and judge them by the "content of their character" above all else.
This black lady author was on NPR tonight. She said her father refused to trust any white people. Her mother on the other hand gave everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I bet her dad had much different experiences and not everyone is exactly alike. Some people are more trusting than others. I've been burned a couple times so I just dont trust anyone. Still the other day a black guy pulled the old I dont have enough gas to get home so I gave him $5

Of course I'm referring to Iraq. I think religion was used to justify that war...

You're wrong.
Partially

This black lady author was on NPR tonight. She said her father refused to trust any white people. Her mother on the other hand gave everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I bet her dad had much different experiences and not everyone is exactly alike. Some people are more trusting than others. I've been burned a couple times so I just dont trust anyone. Still the other day a black guy pulled the old I dont have enough gas to get home so I gave him $5
The sob story gets me every time. They reach around to pick pocket you as you attempt to hand them 20 dollars...

I actually have no problem sitting down with a homeless person and buying them dinner. I've done it a couple times and it was interesting. I don't try to tell them they are doing things wrong or anything like that I just like talking to them about how there life has been or what they used to do before they were on the street.

You're wrong.
Partially

The sob story gets me every time. They reach around to pick pocket you as you attempt to hand them 20 dollars...

I actually have no problem sitting down with a homeless person and buying them dinner. I've done it a couple times and it was interesting. I don't try to tell them they are doing things wrong or anything like that I just like talking to them about how there life has been or what they used to do before they were on the street.
I walk out of a restaurant in Detroit and I'm a big guy but really nice but I get high so I could have been staring at the street guy playing the sax. From across the street he stops playing and says the way I was looking at him like he just hit a bad note. I smile and run over and start talking to him like two human beings. But would he cut me in an alley if I had my Rolex on? You'd have to be crazy to trust that guy with anything. Even if he was white I'd say the same thing. But they never are.

You're wrong.
Partially

I walk out of a restaurant in Detroit and I'm a big guy but really nice but I get high so I could have been staring at the street guy playing the sax. From across the street he stops playing and says the way I was looking at him like he just hit a bad note. I smile and run over and start talking to him like two human beings. But would he cut me in an alley if I had my Rolex on? You'd have to be crazy to trust that guy with anything. Even if he was white I'd say the same thing. But they never are.

You're high right now.

Forum List

Back