How can you not be racist?

SUPERMAN1929

Apr 18, 2015
First a little bit about myself. I'm in my early 20s now and grew up in a 98% white area/school. I literally used to treat everyone equal until multiple situations happened that left me with poor racial feelings towards African Americans.
1. I was playing basketball at the YMCA with a group of guys that I would have assumed to be my friends cause I generally just give people the benefit of the doubt. When I prepare to leave my wallet is missing and several African American guys who were playing basketball are standing where my wallet was. I ask them if they'd seen anyone nearby. They instantly start telling me that I'm asking them because they are black. I then back down and go to the front desk. My friend worked there so he was able to check the security cameras and clearly see that they stole my wallet. I turn it into the police and end up getting my wallet returned. I was extremely angry.
2. I met a black girl and had hung out with her a couple times and she seemed cool. Once again I'm a trusting person so she asked if she could borrow $20 to buy something at the store I'm like sure whatever. She slips out and I never see here again.
3. I've purchased weed on many occasions and the only person to ever rob me was black.

Given all this data that has gone through my brain in my lifetime how can you not look negatively at a race? Considering the few numbers of African Americans I've encountered and then those are literally the only times I've been stolen from in my life. I would literally hand them the money if they said they really needed it for something but instead they violate integrity and trust. I will let white people borrow money all the time but I've never had anyone just slip out like that. Give me some hope to not be a racist.

But it's just the odds. It's a natural survival mechanism to learn from past situations and to stop trusting people with certain characteristics.

First a little bit about myself. I'm in my early 20s now and grew up in a 98% white area/school. I literally used to treat everyone equal until multiple situations happened that left me with poor racial feelings towards African Americans.
1. I was playing basketball at the YMCA with a group of guys that I would have assumed to be my friends cause I generally just give people the benefit of the doubt. When I prepare to leave my wallet is missing and several African American guys who were playing basketball are standing where my wallet was. I ask them if they'd seen anyone nearby. They instantly start telling me that I'm asking them because they are black. I then back down and go to the front desk. My friend worked there so he was able to check the security cameras and clearly see that they stole my wallet. I turn it into the police and end up getting my wallet returned. I was extremely angry.
2. I met a black girl and had hung out with her a couple times and she seemed cool. Once again I'm a trusting person so she asked if she could borrow $20 to buy something at the store I'm like sure whatever. She slips out and I never see here again.
3. I've purchased weed on many occasions and the only person to ever rob me was black.

Given all this data that has gone through my brain in my lifetime how can you not look negatively at a race? Considering the few numbers of African Americans I've encountered and then those are literally the only times I've been stolen from in my life. I would literally hand them the money if they said they really needed it for something but instead they violate integrity and trust. I will let white people borrow money all the time but I've never had anyone just slip out like that. Give me some hope to not be a racist.
I have to be honest. I've met some very nice black people but I can't believe I dont hang out with any of their names or keep in touch except 1 and she's married so how much we gonna hang out right? I worked with her and I would have married that woman. Point is shed give you the shirt off her back. So good blacks exist. Know that. But it is odd no blacks are in my inner circle. In my next post I'll go over all the shady blacks I have encountered. They do give blacks a bad name. Thugs and gangs. Usually its a young male or gold digger. White women pull that shit took but I agree young black men are a problem. Not all but certainly too many.

This discussion is inherently racist but in reality when things like this happen it causes problems. It just seems to frequent for it to be just a few giving a bad name. It seems like a good portion are ruining it for the people that really work hard and want to do good things. I've met plenty of good black people. I know people who moved here from Africa at the church I go to and it seems as though they have very similar morals to me but for some reason I've had too many bad interactions with African Americans. It really is sad the way they ruin it it for other people who would never be that dishonest.

But it's just the odds. It's a natural survival mechanism to learn from past situations and to stop trusting people with certain characteristics.
Yup. But I dont trust young Mexican white russian or Arab men in groups either. Not with my wallet. Its why they have keys on the lockers at lifetime. Not just black young men. They all act like a gang when in large groups. Some are worse than others. The worst are Arabs.

I went to an all black school up till 4th grade. They didn't treat me very nice. But young white boys can be mean too.

There are too many young black male criminals. Detroit is a war zone. That level of violence doesnt exist in white neighborhoods.

Almost makes me think the people in power like it this way because they sure arent trying to fix the problem. For example instead of reaching out to China to do business why dont they reach out to detroiters?

This discussion is inherently racist but in reality when things like this happen it causes problems. It just seems to frequent for it to be just a few giving a bad name. It seems like a good portion are ruining it for the people that really work hard and want to do good things. I've met plenty of good black people. I know people who moved here from Africa at the church I go to and it seems as though they have very similar morals to me but for some reason I've had too many bad interactions with African Americans. It really is sad the way they ruin it it for other people who would never be that dishonest.
When you go to Detroit you dont notice all the good people you're too busy listening to the car jacker or mugger.

I agree. I hate that we build up other countries/give large sums of money to make allies whenever we have many inner city areas that are so poor. I feel like countries laugh at us when we give them money and weapons. It's really not about the race it's more about the inner city culture that would cause the kind of things I mentioned. I've never stolen anything in my life but my brother who is white has stolen many things. It's just the way I've been stolen from is more damaging to me than other ways. Like if someone broke into my car who I didn't know and stole my ipod it wouldn't be as big of a deal as someone who I talked to stole my wallet then pulls a race card whenever I mentioned it to them. I hope those people have miserable lives. Legitimately.

The OP is retarded. :lol:
Well there is something to this. I'm like George on Seinfeld. It bothers me I dont have any close black friends. I now live in an all white neighborhood but slowly black people are moving in. Maybe the shady scammers are the first to venture out to try and live among the Caucasoids because I've only met husslers and drug dealers. Even ones that went to msu were fucked up.

I have zero close black male friends and black women for the most seem to only date black men. Like Jews only date Jews.

I am thinking about over 10 black guys I know and I wouldnt trust 1 of them.

I agree. I hate that we build up other countries/give large sums of money to make allies whenever we have many inner city areas that are so poor. I feel like countries laugh at us when we give them money and weapons. It's really not about the race it's more about the inner city culture that would cause the kind of things I mentioned. I've never stolen anything in my life but my brother who is white has stolen many things. It's just the way I've been stolen from is more damaging to me than other ways. Like if someone broke into my car who I didn't know and stole my ipod it wouldn't be as big of a deal as someone who I talked to stole my wallet then pulls a race card whenever I mentioned it to them. I hope those people have miserable lives. Legitimately.
You dont hope they change?

Are you a christian?

Racist feelings are a manifestation of coping with fear. When we feel afraid of others we seek to not feel that way any longer. So we get angry and aggressive to cope and not feel weak and vulnerable. Because the source of your fear is an ethnicity, to cope with that fear you get angry at the people who remind you of the ones who started the fear. Obviously not every member of an entire ethnicity is the same, but when feeling afraid it's much easier to let ourselves 'give in to the dark side' and not feel that way any longer by becomming angry.

But sometimes understanding the how and why of our emotions can help us listen to the voices of our betetr angels and not give in to fear and anger. Use the Force. :)

I'm not Christian. It would be good if they changed. I wouldn't want to now but withing a week or 2 after having that happened I wouldn't have had any problem seeing them die. To me there is no room for people like that on this world. Especially not near where I live.

Actually it's not a racist discussion. It is a discussion someone in their early 20s will have when they get out into the world on their own and start to evaluate their experiences. Everyone has biases, whether they admit it or not, that are either positive or negative and those biases are largely based upon our experiences. You have had several recent experiences with African-Americans that were negative. It is not surprising then that you would start to ask yourself whether such things are characteristic of black culture. What I would tell you, having a few decades of experience on you, is that it has less to do with them being black and a lot more to do with you being trusting and not protecting yourself.

Probably not a good idea, for example, to leave your wallet unattended. If a true friend asks to borrow money and you value the friendship, don't loan it to them....just give it to them. If it's a loan and they don't pay you back, your friendship will be gone. If you value the friendship then they are someone worth giving a gift to anyhow. And you are surprised that drug dealers may rip you off? Really?

Anyhow....your questions are natural given your experiences. A black person who had the same experiences with white people would be asking the same questions.

I find myself more of being racist as in the way of when I see things on TV or here stories being like "of course he was black" type of thing. I have black friends and work with plenty of black people I get along with but there's just that underlying racism because of past experience I would say. I feel less comfortable dealing with money with a black person.

Racist feelings are a manifestation of coping with fear. When we feel afraid of others we seek to not feel that way any longer. So we get angry and aggressive to cope and not feel weak and vulnerable. Because the source of your fear is an ethnicity, to cope with that fear you get angry at the people who remind you of the ones who started the fear. Obviously not every member of an entire ethnicity is the same, but when feeling afraid it's much easier to let ourselves 'give in to the dark side' and not feel that way any longer by becomming angry.

But sometimes understanding the how and why of our emotions can help us listen to the voices of our betetr angels and not give in to fear and anger. Use the Force. :)
Yes but even the black Detroit police chief was on TV explaining how to deal with criminals and con artisrs and pick pockets. He said trust your instinct.

I know I'm save if I park my car next to a black family. What about 4 young black men. You a racist for trusting your instinct?

Yes but even the black Detroit police chief was on TV explaining how to deal with criminals and con artisrs and pick pockets. He said trust your instinct.

I know I'm save if I park my car next to a black family. What about 4 young black men. You a racist for trusting your instinct?

That's not instinct but prejudice.

Where I come from you can count on strangers to watch your things or to know simple right and wrong. I know that's not how the world works because people are assholes. I still don't have that problem unless it's with African Americans. Also I've had a decent amount of experience. I've been in the military several years and lived in several different regions of the United States. The military is by far the most racially and culturally diverse group of people I've been a part of.

I'm not Christian. It would be good if they changed. I wouldn't want to now but withing a week or 2 after having that happened I wouldn't have had any problem seeing them die. To me there is no room for people like that on this world. Especially not near where I live.

If there was a god why wouldnt he send someone to hell right before they raped or killed or stole your wallet rather than let them run around Robbin stealin and lying to the rest of us for another 60 years?

None of the situations were really about the money. It was about of violating basic integrity. The country would be a lot better place if others would look out for one another which is why I will probably live in a predominately white suburb. That's the only place I've been with such a low crime rate and where people will return wallets/phones/anything they can trace to be yours.

The sooner humans accept that they're animals and start responding to one another like other animals do, the sooner the mysteries they believe exist will evaporate.

Big and bad as they are, a great white shark understands that to live it must be able to hunt and catch prey. So when a diver moves towards it in an aggressive manner the shark understands that's not what it's usual prey items do and it reacts defensively. If the diver swims away and gets excited the shark identifies that behaviour as something a prey animal does and it comes after you.

If you make eye contact with people acknowledging them, saying hello you wont appear like prey. If you avoid eye contact and scurry away like a frightened prey animal you're inviting attack.

Forum List

Back