St. Louis Missouri: Crime Statistics by Race in the 4th Most Dangerous City in

Publius1787

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2011
St. Louis Missouri: Crime Statistics by Race in Americas 4th most Dangerous City
http://www.slmpd.org/images/2010 Annual Report to the Community -2.pdf
Note: The year 2010 was chosen because that's the last year the census was taken. The crime data counts "Hispanic/Latino" in the white category.

Remember, St. Louis Mo was the 4th most dangerous city in the U.S. in 2014 The Racial Makeup of the Most Dangerous Safest Cities in the United States 2014 Edition US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Racial Makeup of St. Louis in 2010 (According to the 2010 U.S. Census)
Black: 49.2%
Non Hispanic White: 42.2%
Hispanic or Latino: 3.5%
Asian: 2.9%

CRIME STATISTICS
86.9% of those arrested for aggravated assault in St. Louis in 2010 were black.
92.7% of those arrested for robbery in St. Louis in 2010 were black.
92.4% of those arrested for murder in St. Louis in 2010 were black.
78.1% of those arrested for forcible rape in St. Louis in 2010 were black.

Map of crime in St. Louis can be found in the below link

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-St.-Louis-Missouri.html

African American population in St. Louis

Saint_Louis_Demographic%2C_African_American_By_Census_Tract.png

White Flight in St. Louis: Can you blame them?
map-st-louis-1980.jpg

Last edited:
Publius, how would you fix the problem if you were put in charge?

Maybe we should just stop arresting black people but instead focus on white people and arrest them for dumb shit until the crime rate evens out.

Publius, how would you fix the problem if you were put in charge?

Maybe we should just stop arresting black people but instead focus on white people and arrest them for dumb shit until the crime rate evens out.

I don't think the police has discretion on violent crime. You could try that but it still wouldn't affect the violent crime rate statistics.

If you've ever been to East St. Louis you'd understand how it got it's rating

You wouldn't want to get lost and venture there. I grew up in Illinois so I know the areas well

By social interaction, not by social isolation...

Law abiding people don't chase other law abiding people away which results in their social isolation. People want their children going to school with other children of law abiding citizens with an intact family unit. People want to walk down the street in relative safety. The number one way to tell if an area is violent or not is it's black population. It's an objective unit of measurement. Social interaction will not change that.

They could do the good ole drop the tazer next to someone after shooting them in the back as they run away and just call it violent. I'm being kind of sarcastic with my solutions but any real ones would be nice.

Law abiding people don't chase other law abiding people away which results in their social isolation. People want their children going to school with other children of law abiding citizens with an intact family unit. People want to walk down the street in relative safety. The number one way to tell if an area is violent or not is it's black population. It's an objective unit of measurement. Social interaction will not change that.

That would be a tough feat to accomplish because I know when I have kids I wouldn't want them to go to inner city type schools. I'd pay for private before that. Wouldn't you?

They could do the good ole drop the tazer next to someone after shooting them in the back as they run away and just call it violent. I'm being kind of sarcastic with my solutions but any real ones would be nice.

St. Louis will turn into the next Detroit. Perhaps we can gentrify the area and chase out all the thugs with high land/housing values. We all know blacks hate investment in their community.

That would be a tough feat to accomplish because I know when I have kids I wouldn't want them to go to inner city type schools. I'd pay for private before that. Wouldn't you?

Indeed I would. I think its time I re-up the post I had on that very subject.

Hmmm. I honestly didn't realize it was that easy. Maybe they could offer businesses rewards for moving into St Louis making thugs leave or forcing stronger police force therefore overall safer area to live in. Where do all the thugs go when they are forced out though?

Hmmm. I honestly didn't realize it was that easy. Maybe they could offer businesses rewards for moving into St Louis making thugs leave or forcing stronger police force therefore overall safer area to live in. Where do all the thugs go when they are forced out though?

Revisit post number 14 of this thread. (See Video). Then you would understand why investment in the black community is never welcomed by the black community.

The blacks causing the trouble need intervention and training in a way to live productive lives...
I feel like it's not that simple considering how much we learn at such a young age and the values passed to you. It's hard to just make programs to intervene.

Forum List

Back