How can workers vote Republican?

We have Trump for a president

We might be stuck with him for another term if the Democrats can't pull their heads our of their asses and sort out why so much of the white working class has rejected them. If this thread is any indication, that's not happening. You're all still telling yourself it's because they're ignorant racists. That won't fly.

How do you know what’s in my best interest?

That's just what Democrats do.

And that’s why they’re losing despite the fact that Republicans suck

Yep. In the forty some years I've been following politics, I've watched my family's working class friends - basically all the people I grew up with - turn from solidly Democrat, to mostly Republicans. They're no stupider today than they were then. That's not what's changed.

As long as the Democrats continue with us “we’re smarter than you” line of argument, they won’t be getting any real victories

Yeah because he capitalized on what you are to ignorant to understand: big government progressivism doesn’t work

We might be stuck with him for another term if the Democrats can't pull their heads our of their asses and sort out why so much of the white working class has rejected them. If this thread is any indication, that's not happening. You're all still telling yourself it's because they're ignorant racists. That won't fly.

Democrats are now busily working to make 7,000 Amazon employees unemployed for two reasons, its for their own good and it might hurt Amazon, as silly as THAT idea is. Which means that there is a chance that Washington might get a red tide in November.

They don't vote
They do vote and they have a very good reason to; free stuff.
They know which party is the party of the greedy rich and racist rednecks. After 35 years of giveaway to the rich and service cuts to the rest, what we need is obvious to anyone but misinformed GOP dupes like you... Higher taxes on the richest to pay 4 training and education to fill 6 million technical jobs free trade has given us and have gone unfilled, Aid for infrastructure that we have invested in at 50% rate for 35 years, and catching up after 35 years of screwing the non rich... Good minimum wage good vacations Healthcare daycare parental leave... Wake up dupe.

^^^

THAT would only happen if we nuked Europe and Asia...why do you want to nuke Europe and Asia franco?
WTF are talking about, fear Mongered functional moron? LOL!

I thought you are a retired teacher???

That was how the middle class grew..WWII

Franco being a teacher is the scariest thing I’ve heard in a long time. But it explains so much what is wrong with this country

The best workers let their idiotic loser bosses know they are ready to walk away at any second for better pay and benefits. Being loyal to a company is not something a company wants not considers anymore. Fact. A good worker does what is asked and does not ever show up for the good of the company. It's about the paycheck.

They don't vote
They know which party is the party of the greedy rich and racist rednecks. After 35 years of giveaway to the rich and service cuts to the rest, what we need is obvious to anyone but misinformed GOP dupes like you... Higher taxes on the richest to pay 4 training and education to fill 6 million technical jobs free trade has given us and have gone unfilled, Aid for infrastructure that we have invested in at 50% rate for 35 years, and catching up after 35 years of screwing the non rich... Good minimum wage good vacations Healthcare daycare parental leave... Wake up dupe.

^^^

THAT would only happen if we nuked Europe and Asia...why do you want to nuke Europe and Asia franco?

And mainly tax rates on the rich that allowed for investment in the country and in Americans. Not the last 35 years.

^^^

And mainly tax rates on the rich that allowed for investment in the country and in Americans. Not the last 35 years.

Once again, no competition ...the world was destroyed .

Yep. In the forty some years I've been following politics, I've watched my family's working class friends - basically all the people I grew up with - turn from solidly Democrat, to mostly Republicans. They're no stupider today than they were then. That's not what's changed.
What's changed is total GOP BS everywhere...

Yes, of course. Everyone is lying but you
That is journalists around the world everywhere but the GOP Fox Etc bubble, super duper. Check AP Reuters BBC, anything not owned by Murdock Mercer Adelson Mooney's... IE greedy idiot GOP billionaires.

^^^

My goodness you got something right there LOL. Doesn't change the giveaway to the rich and Giant corporations the last 35 years and the resultant wreck of the Non rich and the country.

^^^

My goodness you got something right there LOL. Doesn't change the giveaway to the rich and Giant corporations the last 35 years and the resultant wreck of the Non rich and the country.

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = http://www.bea.gov/national/

What's changed is total GOP BS everywhere...

Yes, of course. Everyone is lying but you
That is journalists around the world everywhere but the GOP Fox Etc bubble, super duper. Check AP Reuters BBC, anything not owned by Murdock Mercer Adelson Mooney's... IE greedy idiot GOP billionaires.
See if you can spot the trend LOL!

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

The U.S. Supreme Court delivered a blow (5 to 4 along Party lines) to the rights of workers on Monday by allowing companies to require them to sign away their ability to bring class-action claims against management, agreements already in place for about 25 million employees.

High court backs companies over worker class-action claims

Workers are being fukked... Cut corporate and high earners taxes (re: business men); allow immediate "expensing" for business
You can still sue. Nobody is hurt by this but lawyers.

As for your question of how can workers vote republican? Because if they don’t they are no longer workers but welfare recipients. And that doesn’t pay well.

Wrong Avatar The reason is no matter for your own good or not you continually vote against your best interests,,,,,in favor of the love big business and billionaires party
Wrong Avatar The reason is no matter for your own good or not you continually vote against your best interests,,,,,in favor of the love big business and billionaires party

The democrats unbridled adoption of identity politics has unquestionably alienated Joe Sixpack.

Um, where have you been when Trump speaks or tweets? Let's count the ways:

• Immigrants,
  • college professors,
  • Democrats,
  • Muslims,
  • Hollywood,
  • liberals,
  • unions,
  • women,
  • Obama,
  • CNN,
  • sanctuary cities,
  • Oakland's Mayor,
  • the FBI
  • the Dept. of Justice,
  • a Mexican judge ...!
  • Etc.

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

It's because sir, the world caught up to us ..

The democrats unbridled adoption of identity politics has unquestionably alienated Joe Sixpack.

• Immigrants,
  • college professors,
  • Democrats,
  • Muslims,
  • Hollywood,
  • liberals,
  • unions,
  • women,
  • Obama,
  • CNN,
  • sanctuary cities,
  • Oakland's Mayor,
  • the FBI
  • the Dept. of Justice,
  • a Mexican judge ...!
  • Etc.

That's a smorgasbord not identy politics

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

As dismal as these figures are, they can and will get worse with an increase in immigration. You are being replaced, whatsamatta you don't like it?

• Immigrants,
  • college professors,
  • Democrats,
  • Muslims,
  • Hollywood,
  • liberals,
  • unions,
  • women,
  • Obama,
  • CNN,
  • sanctuary cities,
  • Oakland's Mayor,
  • the FBI
  • the Dept. of Justice,
  • a Mexican judge ...!
  • Etc.

Define what you mean by Identity politics, please.

• Immigrants,
  • college professors,
  • Democrats,
  • Muslims,
  • Hollywood,
  • liberals,
  • unions,
  • women,
  • Obama,
  • CNN,
  • sanctuary cities,
  • Oakland's Mayor,
  • the FBI
  • the Dept. of Justice,
  • a Mexican judge ...!
  • Etc.

Define what you mean by Identity politics, please.

When in the past 10 years did democrats talk about us , the workers of the United states?

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

It's because sir, the world caught up to us ..
And you think cutting taxes on the rich and services and training for the rest is the answer? Only if you want a giant banana Republic oligarchy... Which is what we are getting...

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

I love your bullshit stats....

1950 = 101%
2007 = 92%

1950 = 35%
2007 = 50%
I wish we could go back to 1950, when the top 10% plus Labor received​
136% of our national income...…..DURR​
Or even 2007, where they shared 142% of national income.​

Forum List

Back