How Bad Have Scholars Messed Up?

I think you are having a hard time grasping facts. The Japanese attempted to build a significantly smaller pyramid, while cheating with modern methods, and could not get it done. Stew on that for awhile. Maybe read it 4 times in a row. What exactly is confusing you?

They spent all of 2 months looking like clowns. It wasnt a question of man power or time. They simply couldn't do it. The Egyptian government sent them home to put them out of their misery. They couldn't even cut the stone with the tools the scholars said the Egyptians used. Is that ringing any bells for you at all?

The Japanese did not cheat using modern methods, they totally failed using the methods known to have been employed during the period. You seem to think the fact that they didn't perfect the method, even though they didn't have any experience, and didn't really take the time to do it, proves you are right. All it proves is that you don't know what you are talking about. If you did, you wouldn't keep insisting they failed even though they cheated.

Yeah they did cheat and still failed. The Egyptians didn't have trucks and helicopters to my knowledge. You gotta credible link that says they did?

The problem is that they have not proven that the primitive tools and methods that they assert the builders used are equal to the task. In fact, several well-documented attempts over the past 30 years have actually failed to replicate what the builders achieved. In the 1970s a Japanese team funded by Nissan tried to build a one-third, scale model of the Great Pyramid using the methods Egyptologists claim the ancient engineers employed. They could not duplicate a single step of the process.

They gave up and called on modern technology. Even with the aid of trucks and helicopters they could not position the stones accurately and the finished pyramid turned out to be a haphazard mess. Then in the 1990s NOVA filmed another effort aimed at proving that Egyptologists were right. It was nowhere near as ambitious as the Japanese project. This time a team of experts tried set about the task of quarrying a 35-ton obelisk -- rather small by Egyptian standards -- using dolorite hammers, then transporting it on wooden skids and lifting it into place via a dirt ramp.

The NOVA team gave up rather quickly so slow was the quarrying process. They soon realized that the ancient method of transport was also hopeless and they called in a bulldozer to quarry the stone and a truck to carry it to the site. The first difficult steps having been performed with the aid of modern machinery they tried to lift the obelisk into place using their primitive scheme. That also failed.

Now consider that the blocks of granite forming the ceiling of the King's Chamber weigh 50-tons and they had to be lifted to that height and precisely maneuvered into a difficult position. Furthermore, the largest obelisk in Egypt weighs ten times as much as the one the NOVA team struggled with unsuccessfully. We have to keep in mind that the only tools and sources of power that Egyptologists are willing to allow were primitive. They had no steel hammers or chisels, no pulleys and no horse drawn wheeled vehicles. The builders had to quarry the blocks with stone hammers and haul them using ropes, wooden sleds and manpower.
---Will Hart---

They failed using ancient techniques, which is exactly what I said, even if your non ascribed quote is accurate. The Japanese did not fail because ti is impossible to build pyramids, they failed because they did it wrong.

Fact, the pyramids exist, and were not built using modern tools. They were not built using time travel, or with help from aliens with anti gravity. There is nothing impossible about the fact that they exist, even if you can't understand that.

There is also compelling evidence that people who work in retail are better at handstands than people who don't and that and that people who eat the bottom of their muffin first want to know the sex of their baby.

Both of those facts show exactly how much your claim is worth.

Ahhhh, but here's the rub. I claimed nothing. I merely presented well known facts. It is you who are ignoring solid evidence of past civilizations that were more capable than they have been given credit for. My point is the world is vast and we know so very little about it. Anyone who willfully ignores factual data shouldn't be involved in a discussion like this in the first place, but those of us who actually WANT to learn more about mans ancient history should do so.

People like you said Troy was a fantasy. Just like them, you too are wrong. Time will tell us to what degree you are wrong.

I have no problem with giving them credit for their accomplishments, I just refuse to believe that aliens built the pyramids, or that they knew enough about the movement of the stars to predict what constellations would look like 4500 years later. The only reason we can do that is that we have the observations, and maps, that are that old so that we can compare them to what we see today.

I ain't talking about aliens. I'm talking about PEOPLE. PEOPLE did these things. I agree with you that ascribing these wonders to aliens is stupid. Far more impressive that our supposed "stone age"forbears were able to do this.

Can they can detect magnetic north? Not sure about if they can or not.

Don't need too. Magnetic north wanders around all the time anyway. It is not a fixed point and never has been. If the pyramid points to magnetic north it is by accident. The geographical north pole can be determined with a sun compass and mathematics. Eratosthanese did it before the time of Christ.

Magnetic north at the time the pyramid was built. Just checked out the link and recognized it as a method we used in the military for survival. I dont recall it being called a sun compass though.

There is absolutely no way to know where magnetic north was when the pyramids were built, anyone that tells you other wise is lying.

Last edited:
Which modern man are you talking about? Anyone who looks at history honestly knows exactly how much people knew back then, it isn't like stacking blocks together is hard. Most 2 year olds can do it.

Once again, untrue. We learn something new every year about what man knew in the ancient past. Just recently the known start date for the production of beer was pushed back over 5,000 years with discoveries made in Africa.

Anyone who thinks we know everything about the past is dreaming.

Did we not know they made beer?

Changing the date of, or even the origin of, something like fermenting alcohol is not a major new discovery.

Actually it is. It pushes back the timeframe for the development of a sedimentary society and the institution of farming etc. In other words culture. We now know that 19,000 years ago the procedure for making beer was known. And practiced to a high degree of skill. That sets up a whole host of other assumptions and possibilities.

Ahhhh, but here's the rub. I claimed nothing. I merely presented well known facts. It is you who are ignoring solid evidence of past civilizations that were more capable than they have been given credit for. My point is the world is vast and we know so very little about it. Anyone who willfully ignores factual data shouldn't be involved in a discussion like this in the first place, but those of us who actually WANT to learn more about mans ancient history should do so.

People like you said Troy was a fantasy. Just like them, you too are wrong. Time will tell us to what degree you are wrong.

I have no problem with giving them credit for their accomplishments, I just refuse to believe that aliens built the pyramids, or that they knew enough about the movement of the stars to predict what constellations would look like 4500 years later. The only reason we can do that is that we have the observations, and maps, that are that old so that we can compare them to what we see today.

I dont think anyone on this thread has claimed aliens did it. You refuse to believe that the ancients had a more advanced knowledge of engineering because you suffer from the same ailment the scholars do. IcantadmitIdontknowhowitis. Thats the big problem and point of this thread. You have to admit you don't know in order to be open enough to find out how it was done.

You haven't read the thread then, have you?

By the way, if you aren't claiming aliens built the pyramids why do you keep saying they are impossible to build?

The Japanese did not cheat using modern methods, they totally failed using the methods known to have been employed during the period. You seem to think the fact that they didn't perfect the method, even though they didn't have any experience, and didn't really take the time to do it, proves you are right. All it proves is that you don't know what you are talking about. If you did, you wouldn't keep insisting they failed even though they cheated.

Yeah they did cheat and still failed. The Egyptians didn't have trucks and helicopters to my knowledge. You gotta credible link that says they did?

The problem is that they have not proven that the primitive tools and methods that they assert the builders used are equal to the task. In fact, several well-documented attempts over the past 30 years have actually failed to replicate what the builders achieved. In the 1970s a Japanese team funded by Nissan tried to build a one-third, scale model of the Great Pyramid using the methods Egyptologists claim the ancient engineers employed. They could not duplicate a single step of the process.

They gave up and called on modern technology. Even with the aid of trucks and helicopters they could not position the stones accurately and the finished pyramid turned out to be a haphazard mess. Then in the 1990s NOVA filmed another effort aimed at proving that Egyptologists were right. It was nowhere near as ambitious as the Japanese project. This time a team of experts tried set about the task of quarrying a 35-ton obelisk -- rather small by Egyptian standards -- using dolorite hammers, then transporting it on wooden skids and lifting it into place via a dirt ramp.

The NOVA team gave up rather quickly so slow was the quarrying process. They soon realized that the ancient method of transport was also hopeless and they called in a bulldozer to quarry the stone and a truck to carry it to the site. The first difficult steps having been performed with the aid of modern machinery they tried to lift the obelisk into place using their primitive scheme. That also failed.

Now consider that the blocks of granite forming the ceiling of the King's Chamber weigh 50-tons and they had to be lifted to that height and precisely maneuvered into a difficult position. Furthermore, the largest obelisk in Egypt weighs ten times as much as the one the NOVA team struggled with unsuccessfully. We have to keep in mind that the only tools and sources of power that Egyptologists are willing to allow were primitive. They had no steel hammers or chisels, no pulleys and no horse drawn wheeled vehicles. The builders had to quarry the blocks with stone hammers and haul them using ropes, wooden sleds and manpower.
---Will Hart---

They failed using ancient techniques, which is exactly what I said, even if your non ascribed quote is accurate. The Japanese did not fail because ti is impossible to build pyramids, they failed because they did it wrong.

Fact, the pyramids exist, and were not built using modern tools. They were not built using time travel, or with help from aliens with anti gravity. There is nothing impossible about the fact that they exist, even if you can't understand that.

They also failed using modern techniques. How did you miss that? I see you are going into change the subject mode now. :lol: I never said it was impossible. i said we don't know how currently because we don't have the knowledge the ancients did. Why are you babbling about aliens and time travel?

I ain't talking about aliens. I'm talking about PEOPLE. PEOPLE did these things. I agree with you that ascribing these wonders to aliens is stupid. Far more impressive that our supposed "stone age"forbears were able to do this.

Yes, people built the pyramids, and other people, who can't imagine basic engineering, insist that the fact they exists proves the people that built them had access to technology we don't. They then insist that the fact that helicopters cannot lift 50 tons is proof that it is impossible for us to do the same thing.

I am not the one you should be arguing with.

Once again, untrue. We learn something new every year about what man knew in the ancient past. Just recently the known start date for the production of beer was pushed back over 5,000 years with discoveries made in Africa.

Anyone who thinks we know everything about the past is dreaming.

Changing the date of, or even the origin of, something like fermenting alcohol is not a major new discovery.

Actually it is. It pushes back the timeframe for the development of a sedimentary society and the institution of farming etc. In other words culture. We now know that 19,000 years ago the procedure for making beer was known. And practiced to a high degree of skill. That sets up a whole host of other assumptions and possibilities.

Alcoholic beverages existed at the hunting/gathering stage of human development, pushing it back 5000 years does not prove that they had agriculture.

Yes, people built the pyramids, and other people, who can't imagine basic engineering, insist that the fact they exists proves the people that built them had access to technology we don't. They then insist that the fact that helicopters cannot lift 50 tons is proof that it is impossible for us to do the same thing.

I am not the one you should be arguing with.

I don't believe I instigated an argument. I merely pointed out some interesting facts about ancient man and his accomplishments.

They also failed using modern techniques. How did you miss that? I see you are going into change the subject mode now. :lol: I never said it was impossible. i said we don't know how currently because we don't have the knowledge the ancients did. Why are you babbling about aliens and time travel?

They did not, they failed using the resources available to them on their limited budget.

See the difference?

I dont think anyone on this thread has claimed aliens did it. You refuse to believe that the ancients had a more advanced knowledge of engineering because you suffer from the same ailment the scholars do. IcantadmitIdontknowhowitis. Thats the big problem and point of this thread. You have to admit you don't know in order to be open enough to find out how it was done.

By the way, if you aren't claiming aliens built the pyramids why do you keep saying they are impossible to build?

Can you point out where I said that along with anyone claiming aliens built the pyramids?
giggle.gif

Last edited:

Can you point out where I said that along with anyone claiming aliens built the pyramids?
giggle.gif

What is your explanation then? After all, you are the one that keeps insisting we can't build them now, despite presenting absolutely no evidence.

Then we have your OP, which had so many erros and outright lies that it was impossible to read.

Looks to me that scholars in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries have messed up on a number of occasions. The latest I have discovered is their miss in the importance of astronomy in the building of pyramids in Egypt (Giza) and Mexico (Teotihuacan). Both sites mimic the Orion constellation and are built based on mathematical computations using the circumference of the earth. The pyramid of the sun god in Mexico is exactly half the height of the one in Egypt. There is also a site in South Africa known as Adams Calendar that is a still functioning as a calendar and astrological observatory. People believe this site is at least 75K - 100K years old which would replace the Sumerian culture as the oldest example of civilization. How did they miss it out in the open after being alerted of its presence years before they finally got around to acknowledging it? Do we need to start questioning everything we have been taught?

giggle.gif

What is your explanation then? After all, you are the one that keeps insisting we can't build them now, despite presenting absolutely no evidence.

Then we have your OP, which had so many erros and outright lies that it was impossible to read.

Looks to me that scholars in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries have messed up on a number of occasions. The latest I have discovered is their miss in the importance of astronomy in the building of pyramids in Egypt (Giza) and Mexico (Teotihuacan). Both sites mimic the Orion constellation and are built based on mathematical computations using the circumference of the earth. The pyramid of the sun god in Mexico is exactly half the height of the one in Egypt. There is also a site in South Africa known as Adams Calendar that is a still functioning as a calendar and astrological observatory. People believe this site is at least 75K - 100K years old which would replace the Sumerian culture as the oldest example of civilization. How did they miss it out in the open after being alerted of its presence years before they finally got around to acknowledging it? Do we need to start questioning everything we have been taught?

What is my explanation for what? For the scholars messing up or how the pyramids were built? There were no lies. Show me these lies. There was an error of 12 ft which can be accounted for but its not really that big of a deal to me. Why do you keep claiming I said or did something but cannot provide any proof? Where did I say aliens built anything or it was impossible to build? I understand you have problems reading but don't take that out on me. Other people knew exactly what I was talking about.

giggle.gif

What is my explanation for what? For the scholars messing up or how the pyramids were built? There were no lies. Show me these lies. There was an error of 12 ft which can be accounted for but its not really that big of a deal to me. Why do you keep claiming I said or did something but cannot provide any proof? Where did I say aliens built anything or it was impossible to build? I understand you have problems reading but don't take that out on me. Other people knew exactly what I was talking about.

The 12 foot error can be accounted for by pointing out it is a lie, especially when you keep using the wrong figures. Then we also have the fact that you lied about the Great Pyramid being oriented with the magnetic pole, that you constantly lied about the Japanese not being able to build a scale model of the pyramid because we don't have the ability to build them, and that you have refused to admit, even once, that you are wrong about any of the fake facts you presented.

The 12 foot error can be accounted for by pointing out it is a lie, especially when you keep using the wrong figures. Then we also have the fact that you lied about the Great Pyramid being oriented with the magnetic pole, that you constantly lied about the Japanese not being able to build a scale model of the pyramid because we don't have the ability to build them, and that you have refused to admit, even once, that you are wrong about any of the fake facts you presented.

Do you know the difference between a lie and an error? A lie is purposefully misleading someone. You say I didn't admit my error but I did. I plainly said the height was off by 12 ft. Why would you lie about that? The Japanese failed miserably to build the smaller pyramid to scale using both ancient and modern methods. Why do you keep missing that fact? This is the third time I have asked you to produce evidence that I said building the pyramid was impossible. Why cant you produce that evidence?

Do you know the difference between a lie and an error? A lie is purposefully misleading someone. You say I didn't admit my error but I did. I plainly said the height was off by 12 ft. Why would you lie about that? The Japanese failed miserably to build the smaller pyramid to scale using both ancient and modern methods. Why do you keep missing that fact? This is the third time I have asked you to produce evidence that I said building the pyramid was impossible. Why cant you produce that evidence?

The difference between a lie and an error is that, when you make a mistake, and it gets pointed out, you don't come back later and argue that your claim that it is exactly half is an easily explained discrepancy.

I told you fro the beginning that the Japanese failed because they didn't commit the resources necessary to build one. Their permit was for a single season, and they had to restore the quarry they were using to exactly the same state it was before they began. They also had a limited budget, which included a single helicopter that was not designed to move large loads of freight and a few trucks that were probably the equivalent of full size pickups. (Frankly, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt about the helicopter and the trucks because nothing I found about the experiment even mentioned modern methods, and your quote lacked attribution.)

That was why they failed, not because it is impossible to build a pyramid. Archimedes proved that it is possible to do anything with nothing more than a lever and a fulcrum, and you want me to believe we can't do the same thing they did because you want to believe in magic.

Feel free, just don't expect me to go along.

The difference between a lie and an error is that, when you make a mistake, and it gets pointed out, you don't come back later and argue that your claim that it is exactly half is an easily explained discrepancy.

I told you fro the beginning that the Japanese failed because they didn't commit the resources necessary to build one. Their permit was for a single season, and they had to restore the quarry they were using to exactly the same state it was before they began. They also had a limited budget, which included a single helicopter that was not designed to move large loads of freight and a few trucks that were probably the equivalent of full size pickups. (Frankly, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt about the helicopter and the trucks because nothing I found about the experiment even mentioned modern methods, and your quote lacked attribution.)

That was why they failed, not because it is impossible to build a pyramid. Archimedes proved that it is possible to do anything with nothing more than a lever and a fulcrum, and you want me to believe we can't do the same thing they did because you want to believe in magic.

You dont define what i or anyone else does after they make an error. What you told me from the beginning was wrong, stupid, and not worthy of listening to. You are flat out wrong and my post proves it. They failed because they didn't get it done with the old tools they claimed they could do it with nor the new ones they had to resort to. They were sent home because they were making a mess and accomplishing nothing. I don't care what you think of my sources. Where are yours? When are you going to supply this evidence I said it was impossible? I don't know where you got the idea I cared if you go along or not but please remove that thought from your head. If you don't like what I am posting don't read it or comment on it ever again. Its really that simple. :lol:

You dont define what i or anyone else does after they make an error.

You do this every time you are caught in a lie and/or an error. Like some petulant, dimwitted little child: "I don't care what you think!" It's embarrassing to observe.

Alcoholic beverages existed at the hunting/gathering stage of human development, pushing it back 5000 years does not prove that they had agriculture.

That is true, but the ingredients from which it was made....do.

You dont define what i or anyone else does after they make an error.

Good thing I didn't do that, isn't it? What I is explain to you why I know you are lying. You getting all pissy about it just reinforces my point. My geuss is that your next step will be crying like a little girl.

What you told me from the beginning was wrong, stupid, and not worthy of listening to. You are flat out wrong and my post proves it.

How the fuck can you prove it is impossible to build pyramids when they exist?

They failed because they didn't get it done with the old tools they claimed they could do it with nor the new ones they had to resort to.

They didn't claim they could do it, it was an experiment.

They were sent home because they were making a mess and accomplishing nothing.

Nothing? It looks like they accomplished a bit more than nothing.

Damn, look at that, I found actual video proof that they actually built their scale model using modern technology. My mistake was not looking at the place where I got the info that they failed completely. Turns out that, like you, he thinks it is actually impossible to build pyramids, even if you use modern tech.

I don't care what you think of my sources.

My opinion about your sources is based on reading idiots like the guy that wrote "The Giza Power Plant." and Eric von Daniken extensively.

To save you some embarrassment, the Bermuda Triangle isn't real either.

Where are yours?

My spurces for what? The actual pyrmaid you said didn't get built in 1978?

When are you going to supply this evidence I said it was impossible? I don't know where you got the idea I cared if you go along or not but please remove that thought from your head. If you don't like what I am posting don't read it or comment on it ever again. Its really that simple. :lol:

You seem to have me confused with the guy you see in the mirror.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back