How Are You Feeling Today & What's On The Agenda

In a couple hours, a “party bus” is supposed to arrive to pick me up, so that I may spend the day taking photographs of the festivities surrounding a friend's daughter's Quinceañera. I'm looking forward to this. Up until now, I've only had the vaguest awareness of this tradition—a very big deal for girls of Latin American heritage when they reach the age of fifteen years.

I'd be interested in knowing how it went! :)

I think it went well. I took a total of eight hundred fifty pictures—by far the most I've ever taken in a day. I started the day with three full camera batteries, and an empty 32GB memory card in my camera, and ended it with three nearly-empty batteries and a nearly-full memory card.

It'll probably take me days to sift through all the raw pictures, and pick out some good ones to process into finished results for my friend.

Slowly, around other things, working through the huge stack of pictures. Here are a few I've finished so far…
View attachment 75036 View attachment 75037 View attachment 75038 View attachment 75039 View attachment 75040 View attachment 75041 View attachment 75042 View attachment 75043 of the ones that

HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Getting near the end of sifting through these pictures, this one jumped out at me. Out of eight hundred fifty pictures that I took that day, I think this is the most beautiful moment that I caught. The guest of honor, dancing with her father. Just look at the expression on her face.

ZSC_7782.jpg

And some other pictures from this same occasion…

ZSC_7350_2n.jpg
ZSC_7226e.jpg
ZSC_7250e.jpg
ZSC_7569n.jpg
ZSC_7645n.jpg
ZSC_7779n.jpg
ZSC_7730n.jpg
ZSC_7680n.jpg

Rainy here again! But I'm tired from the last few days so ready for a day of "rest"!

Which actually means job searching on the internet, and on line seminar on "cover letters" and indoor housework! (plus goofing off here!)

she looks like a princess!

It's part of the Mexican variation of the tradition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinceañera#Mexico

“In the Mexican Catholic tradition, the quinceañera celebration begins with a thanksgiving mass. … She is also awarded a tiara, which serves as a reminder that to her loved ones, especially her immediate family, the quinceañera will always be a princess. Some also see it as denoting that she is a "princess" before God and the world.”

Today, I was in 4 stores. In thee of them, I have been harassed by Schweinevolk-pedo boys standing in my way, looking at me like whores, following me into a store and crawling next to me behind my back in the discounter´s line.

It's been a busy week. I am burned out on "job searching" tasks etc.

Grandkids Weds night,
Graduation last night, going to see my youngest son for lunch today. Birthday party tomorrow.....

Ready for a vacation......

I was just recently looking at this image, and thinking that it sure looks like it could be a scene from near the end of a Disney-style fairy tale movie—some climactic scene where the beautiful young princess is finally with her handsome, charming prince.

zsc_7680n-jpg.75091

Food & Sex.... and a little extra exercise...

Forum List

Back