How are IQ tests considered racially biased?

I think you are unable to understand the concept of 'restriction of range'. you cannot compare the type of person who emmigrates to get a degree in a foreign country to the average population of that country. if you turned the tables and compared foreign students going to South African Universities with the ordinary South African populace, what would you find? a lot bigger gap than your scenario.

I also read your africaresource.com article that you quoted. you must be careful of op-eds that say one thing and then supposedly link to papers supporting their point of view. most of those links were taken out of context, simply words copied, and contrary to ideas in the paper quoted.

I think you are unable to understand that the same genes that produced the brilliant Africans who are excelling in the UK and America academically are just the tip of the cognitive iceberg. Again, the potential of the general Black populations here and in Africa has been raised by their academic prowess.

Your "restriction of range" certainly wasn't evoked when Asian Immigrants were given their due in the academic world.
How convenient for you to throw that out there now.

If you think any of my sources were taken out of context it is up to you to prove it. Just saying so doesn't really mean that much to me or any one reading this exchange. When you do that, I have nothing to rebut but your personal opinion. Give me something of substance so I can see for myself if you are right or wrong.

The most striking remark you have made thus far is one the most worthy of further redress:

IanC said:
if you turned the tables and compared foreign students going to South African Universities with the ordinary South African populace, what would you find? a lot bigger gap than your scenario.

The comparisons were of two distinct populations. Not all Africans are immigrating to go to universities; but. proportionally, these Black African communities are more educated than any other groups; American natives as well as immigrants from Europe, Asia, India and North Africans. As their numbers increase and their families grow, the effects of that brilliance will be reflected in future generations to come.

The potential is astounding: There is nothing you can say or do to change the fact that some of the world's brightest and best are coming out of sub-Saharan Africa. Given the dismal picture portrayed in various media sources around the world about Africa, this is a breath of fresh air and one of the best public relations events imaginable.
Hahaha. The place you are citing is not reliable. I am having trouble finding evidence from your "study" anywhere but on a website called African Source. If you can find any separate evidence of these fallacies maybe I will reconsider but as far as a know blacks are stupid and have low IQ.

Is Family Income a Predictor of Academic Achievement for Home Schoolers?

Segmenting student test scores by family income shows that socioeconomic status is not a determinant of academic performance for home schoolers (Figure 8.0). Regardless of family income bracket, home school students score between the 82nd and 92nd percentiles.

According to some researchers and officials, family income has a significant impact on public school students’ scores. Concerned about a recent study of student achievement in the Denver public schools, a school board member wrote, “The conclusion is clear. Family income and class are stronger indicators of education success than race.”2

Obviously, the Denver school board member was unaware of the dramatic benefits afforded by home schooling. Considering the opportunity to learn in an environment free of bullying, racism and other distractions, race and income become non-factors in attaining higher academic goals.

now you are adding self-selection bias to restriction of range. people who homeschool their children are different than the vast majority that dont. you cannot have everyone homeschooled because the discipline, desire and ability are not there in most parents. the children who are homeschooled now would also do better than average in a regular school because their parents value education and pass that belief on to their kids.

I think you are unable to understand the concept of 'restriction of range'. you cannot compare the type of person who emmigrates to get a degree in a foreign country to the average population of that country. if you turned the tables and compared foreign students going to South African Universities with the ordinary South African populace, what would you find? a lot bigger gap than your scenario.

I also read your africaresource.com article that you quoted. you must be careful of op-eds that say one thing and then supposedly link to papers supporting their point of view. most of those links were taken out of context, simply words copied, and contrary to ideas in the paper quoted.

I think you are unable to understand that the same genes that produced the brilliant Africans who are excelling in the UK and America academically are just the tip of the cognitive iceberg. Again, the potential of the general Black populations here and in Africa has been raised by their academic prowess.

Your "restriction of range" certainly wasn't evoked when Asian Immigrants were given their due in the academic world.

If you think any of my sources were taken out of context it is up to you to prove it. Just saying so doesn't really mean that much to me or any one reading this exchange. When you do that, I have nothing to rebut but your personal opinion. Give me something of substance so I can see for myself if you are right or wrong.

The most striking remark you have made thus far is one the most worthy of further redress:

IanC said:
if you turned the tables and compared foreign students going to South African Universities with the ordinary South African populace, what would you find? a lot bigger gap than your scenario.

The comparisons were of two distinct populations. Not all Africans are immigrating to go to universities; but. proportionally, these Black African communities are more educated than any other groups; American natives as well as immigrants from Europe, Asia, India and North Africans. As their numbers increase and their families grow, the effects of that brilliance will be reflected in future generations to come.

The potential is astounding: There is nothing you can say or do to change the fact that some of the world's brightest and best are coming out of sub-Saharan Africa. Given the dismal picture portrayed in various media sources around the world about Africa, this is a breath of fresh air and one of the best public relations events imaginable.

Does the source you site consider/address the obvious answer that the process of getting from Africa to the US or UK acts as a "test" that only the brightest of the want to be immigrants can pass?

Where did your information come from? Is that just a hunch or do you have a link?

Hunch based on the tales I have heard on the difficulty of getting into the country legally.

This thread is proof that the topic of IQ averages and variances in different racial populations is to taboo a subject to have a rational conversation.

IanC said:

Hahaha. The place you are citing is not reliable. I am having trouble finding evidence from your "study" anywhere but on a website called African Source. If you can find any separate evidence of these fallacies maybe I will reconsider but as far as a know blacks are stupid and have low IQ.

Can't you show proof that my sources are unreliable? Your wild assumptions are simply reflections of the frustrations that must be eating at you by now. Your global statement that "blacks are stupid" says it all. It can't possibly be as axiomatic as you pretend it to be; not when the mounting evidence indicates the contrary.

Is Family Income a Predictor of Academic Achievement for Home Schoolers?

Segmenting student test scores by family income shows that socioeconomic status is not a determinant of academic performance for home schoolers (Figure 8.0). Regardless of family income bracket, home school students score between the 82nd and 92nd percentiles.

According to some researchers and officials, family income has a significant impact on public school students’ scores. Concerned about a recent study of student achievement in the Denver public schools, a school board member wrote, “The conclusion is clear. Family income and class are stronger indicators of education success than race.”2

Obviously, the Denver school board member was unaware of the dramatic benefits afforded by home schooling. Considering the opportunity to learn in an environment free of bullying, racism and other distractions, race and income become non-factors in attaining higher academic goals.

now you are adding self-selection bias to restriction of range. people who homeschool their children are different than the vast majority that dont. you cannot have everyone homeschooled because the discipline, desire and ability are not there in most parents. the children who are homeschooled now would also do better than average in a regular school because their parents value education and pass that belief on to their kids.

The only thing I add is a personal touch to studies found in the very links you posted here. I didn't change the information of the study, I just put it out there in the context in which it was written. Are you admitting that you posted links that exemplify selection bias? If so, blame yourself, not me!

I do agree that homeschooling is not possible for all including many middle class White people. However, the website you linked to clearly indicates that socioeconomic status is not a determinant of academic performance for home schoolers; nor is race for that matter. Are the words in your link coming back to haunt you?

The bottom line for you seems to be that poor Blacks, in general, are incapable of having the necessary qualifiers to be successful home-schoolers. Let's take a look at that premise by examining them ore positive side of black demographics:

· There are more Black Males in College[1] than in Jails, Prisons, Private Corrections, Military Jails and Institutions for the Criminally Insane combined[2] (1,236,443 in College/841,000 Incarcerates – regardless of age)

· 4 to 1: The ratio of 18-24 year old Black Males in College[3] vs. Jails, Prisons, Private Corrections, Military Jails and Institutions for the Criminally Insane[4].

(674,000 in College/164,400 Incarcerates)

32.3% (1 in 3) Black Males ages 18-24 are enrolled in College[5]
(674,000 in College/2,082,000 Total)

1.37 to 1: The ratio of 18-24 year old Black Females enrolled in College to Black Males[6].
(930,000 Black Females Enrolled/674,000 Black Males Enrolled)

6.3%: Black Males (age 18-55+) enroll in College at a higher rate by sex than White Males and Hispanic Males and are surpassed only by Asian Males[7].
(Black Males is 6.3%, White Males is 5.8%, Hispanic Males is 4.7%, and Asian Males is 9.7%)

25.1% of Black Males (age 25 or over) have either an Associates, Bachelors, Masters, Professional, or Doctoral Degree[8].
(2,519,000 with Degrees/10,018,000 Total)

82.1% of Black Males (age 18 or over) have at least a High School Diploma or GED[9] .
(9,897,000 with HS Diploma or GED/12,044,000 Total)

12.1%: The Black Male Dropout Rate[10] (ages 16-24) for 2008.
(301,000 Dropouts/2,583,000 Total)[11]

5.1%: Percent of married Black Men who marry White Women[12]
(279,000 Black Husband-White Wife/5,654,000 Married Black Men)

88.8%: Percent of Black Males earning income[13] ages 25-64 (employment)
(7,899,000 Employed/8,893,000 Total)

$23,738: Average Income for Black Males[14] 15 and older
$19,470 Average Income Black Females

1,812,000 The number of Black Men making $50,000/year or more[15]

71.6% of Black Men pay their agreed to or Court Awarded Child Support[16]
(855,000 Payers/1,194,000 Recipients)

$253 Billion: Total Income earned by Black Males[17] (15 and over)
($262 Billion earned by Black Females)

13,104,000 Total Black Men age 15 or over[18]
(15,816,000 Total Black Females age 15 or over)
Hood-Winked Black Men In America

All of the above factors support the viability of successful black homeschooling from K-12

family income and SES is based on academic achievement

sorry, JQP , you have it backwards
See post #247

then black people should not be bitching about anything, which is constantly anyway

Where are those "bitching " Black people? Do I have to FORCE it out of you? TELL ME... I REALLY WANT TO KNOWWWW! :lol:

NAACP for starters fool :afro:

The fool here is the one who doesn't know the NAACP is a multi-racial organization. Yes, dumbo, that includes real White people not pink mutants like you!

See post #247

then black people should not be bitching about anything, which is constantly anyway

Where are those "bitching " Black people? Do I have to FORCE it out of you? TELL ME... I REALLY WANT TO KNOWWWW! :lol:

The fool here is the one who doesn't know the NAACP is a multi-racial organization. Yes, dumbo, that includes real White people not pink mutants like you!
You're a moron and constantly make radical assumptions with no evidence. You use a single source that is from a pro African website and call that a fact when every other study is against it. Go home nerd.

See post #247

You're a moron and constantly make radical assumptions with no evidence. You use a single source that is from a pro African website and call that a fact when every other study is against it. Go home nerd.

Ahhh! the voice of pink mutant defeat is music to mine ears.... encore!

Every time anyone refutes your pathetic claims, you just repeat them for no reason. Everyone knows you are a racist moron and that blacks have low IQ. Common sense.

I, nor anyone else on this forum, have much or anything to do with the success or failure of ancient civilizations.......

Just another false pretense to separate us as human beings

See post #247

C = what dumbo?

Every time anyone refutes your pathetic claims, you just repeat them for no reason. Everyone knows you are a racist moron and that blacks have low IQ. Common sense.

Pink mutants like you ATTEMPT to refute my claims but most, if not all, have tasted naught but the bitter dregs of defeat
Every assertion I make is backed by links or footnotes. Sometimes I use hyper-links instead of regular stand alone links. Perhaps you need to learn how to recognize a hyperlink. Surely ,your stupidly and limited cognitive ability will allow that!

I don't really care what you think about me or anything else. You are not even worth of a farthing more of my attention.
In closing tho', a person who doesn't believe in race cannot be a racist, that's me. You, OTOH, thrive on the notion that pink skinned people are superior to darker people. You believe in race...RACIST!

Pink mutants like you ATTEMPT to refute my claims but most, if not all, have tasted naught but the bitter dregs of defeat
Every assertion I make is backed by links or footnotes. Sometimes I use hyper-links instead of regular stand alone links. Perhaps you need to learn how to recognize a hyperlink. Surely ,your stupidly and limited cognitive ability will allow that!

I don't really care what you think about me or anything else. You are not even worth of a farthing more of my attention.
In closing tho', a person who doesn't believe in race cannot be a racist, that's me. You, OTOH, thrive on the notion that pink skinned people are superior to darker people. You believe in race...RACIST!
You can't deny facts bro.

Forum List

Back