How are gay people being perceived in Florida?

I think it actually is a variety of different fish, and some just call it white fish.

No worries. Are you talking about pompano? That is a very mild white fish but I've never heard it referred to as whitefish. Try it next time it is fabulous.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
There are a lot of Swampnecks and northern implants with no taste down there who eat mullet. It is a white-ish fish and you can round up hundreds at a time in trawling nets in estuaries and tidal creeks and rivers. Personally, I don't eat the shit because it is, to me, a trash fish. But lots of folks down there do eat it. It is the marine version of the squirrel.

Pompano usually appears on a menu as "pompano". It is a good tasting fish. I do and have done a lot of fishing in Ga and Fla, both fresh and saltwater, and can tell you that there is nothing that I am aware of called a "whitefish". This is a general, generic term. Because other types of fish will be named on a menu (pompano, flounder, redfish, sea trout,?etc...), I suspect that trash fish are dubbed "whitefish". In that part of the country it is probably mullet.

Mullet is okay smoked but, yeah, normally I won't touch. Makes sense that it would be called whitefish in the panhandle and could be salty. It's greasy, but at least it's not grunt.

There are a lot of Swampnecks and northern implants with no taste down there who eat mullet. It is a white-ish fish and you can round up hundreds at a time in trawling nets in estuaries and tidal creeks and rivers. Personally, I don't eat the shit because it is, to me, a trash fish. But lots of folks down there do eat it. It is the marine version of the squirrel.

Pompano usually appears on a menu as "pompano". It is a good tasting fish. I do and have done a lot of fishing in Ga and Fla, both fresh and saltwater, and can tell you that there is nothing that I am aware of called a "whitefish". This is a general, generic term. Because other types of fish will be named on a menu (pompano, flounder, redfish, sea trout,?etc...), I suspect that trash fish are dubbed "whitefish". In that part of the country it is probably mullet.
Makes sense you get a mountain of processed shit called "whitefish" salty and all.

o.jpg

No worries. Are you talking about pompano? That is a very mild white fish but I've never heard it referred to as whitefish. Try it next time it is fabulous.

I think whitefish is a generic reference to any fish with white, mild meat.

Mullet is okay smoked but, yeah, normally I won't touch. Makes sense that it would be called whitefish in the panhandle and could be salty. It's greasy, but at least it's not grunt.

I've had some good smoked mullet in smoked fish dip, but that's about the only way I'd eat it.

Never had mullet myself. Yuck. Never had salty white fish either. Just very very mild and tender fish.

SOME of you just don't know. LOL

Ravi you may be right, except it's not what I am talking about.

I am all grossed out thinking of some nasty salty fish. :eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

Most of south Florida is very open to gays.Fort Lauderdale area is good. Particularly Wilton Manors and its fringes. Most all is gay. Well kept area.
Thanks for the quick reply. Around Fort Lauderdale or did you mean FL in general?

Hello there all of you,

my boyfriend and I want to move to Florida, because we got a really good offer on a beautiful condo in Pompano Beach (from here, if anyone is interested). Now, we live in Colorado right now and we are not being perceived that well, seeing as we are gay. How is the situation in Florida, especially in Fort Lauderdale like? Will we run into a lot of discrimination or are people rather open towards the LGBT community?
Wow, I lost pretty much everything I love, home, friends job and I don't have a clue whether or not I will be around next year. But Gay boy wants validation and a nice place to live? Sorry, kiddo. Not in this life.

Never had mullet myself. Yuck. Never had salty white fish either. Just very very mild and tender fish.

SOME of you just don't know. LOL

Ravi you may be right, except it's not what I am talking about.

I am all grossed out thinking of some nasty salty fish. :eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

I lived in Florida for 15 years. Ravi lives there now. I think we're both familiar with fresh caught seafood.

Wow, I lost pretty much everything I love, home, friends job and I don't have a clue whether or not I will be around next year. But Gay boy wants validation and a nice place to live? Sorry, kiddo. Not in this life.

So, if you're miserable, everyone else should be too.

What an example you are to the rest of us.

Forum List

Back