How about THIS for 3rd choice on your ballots?

Would you endorse having a NOTA (None of the Above) choice on your ballot?

• yes

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • no

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • not sure

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
A lot of you are too vested in "winning" to care about other ballot choices. So you might falsely believe in the "wasted vote" theory or just not understand the NEED for more ballot choice. If what you define as "winning" is encouraging and rewarding the bad choices the DEM/REP present -- then YOU and Charlie Sheen have the same definition of "winning".. :lmao:

So can all that 3rd party noise. What about a "NONE OF THE ABOVE" as your 3rd choice? If NOTA wins enough electoral votes to throw it into the House --- or win outright --- then the Parties have to present a 2nd choice of candidates and have a National do-over. Might have to move up the Nov. election, might have to change some laws, might have to do a LOT of things to get this as an option. But nobody is speaking the obvious plain truth in America yet. We have a National Crisis -- because of blind allegiance to "party" and "winning".

Would you like to have the choice to reject ALL the choices on the ballot?

Sounds kind of . . . like something that would never happen. What happens in the meantime, Obama remains POTUS? Yikes.

The two establishment parties have elections so rigged in our country that short of a billionaire who can't be bought running the establishment parties have a lock on the White House. Oh wait, Trump :eusa_think:

Trump is back in the clutches of the establishment GOP now. He wants their money.

The two establishment parties have elections so rigged in our country that short of a billionaire who can't be bought running the establishment parties have a lock on the White House. Oh wait, Trump :eusa_think:

Trump is back in the clutches of the establishment GOP now. He wants their money.

Why do you make up these lies? I mean its a habit with you.

If you want to argue that Trump isn't taking outside money, namely from GOP special interests,

let's have that debate.

A lot of you are too vested in "winning" to care about other ballot choices. So you might falsely believe in the "wasted vote" theory or just not understand the NEED for more ballot choice. If what you define as "winning" is encouraging and rewarding the bad choices the DEM/REP present -- then YOU and Charlie Sheen have the same definition of "winning".. :lmao:

So can all that 3rd party noise. What about a "NONE OF THE ABOVE" as your 3rd choice? If NOTA wins enough electoral votes to throw it into the House --- or win outright --- then the Parties have to present a 2nd choice of candidates and have a National do-over. Might have to move up the Nov. election, might have to change some laws, might have to do a LOT of things to get this as an option. But nobody is speaking the obvious plain truth in America yet. We have a National Crisis -- because of blind allegiance to "party" and "winning".

Sounds kind of . . . like something that would never happen. What happens in the meantime, Obama remains POTUS? Yikes.

Actually NOTA is ALREADY on a bunch of state primary ballots. And a bunch of state general ballots.

‘None of the above’ beats out all Demo governor candidates in Nevada

In that election NOTA BEAT all the 10 or Dem Governor candidates. It's not a head fantasy of mine. People should see how this is ALREADY working and think about IMPROVING it..

Actually NOTA is ALREADY on a bunch of state primary ballots. And a bunch of state general ballots.

In that election NOTA BEAT all the 10 or Dem Governor candidates. It's not a head fantasy of mine. People should see how this is ALREADY working and think about IMPROVING it..

I mean the other part about nominating new candidates and starting the process all over again.

Who is going to serve as POTUS in the meantime? Obama? Joe Biden? :ack-1:

National Review has asked the same question as this OP.,..

Certainly the appetite for a choice other than “the evil of two lessers” is there. A new poll taken by the polling firm Data Targeting found that 58 percent of people are dissatisfied with the candidates currently in the race. A total of 55 percent (including a stunning 91 percent of those younger than 30) would favor having an independent candidate on the November ballot. In a ballot test against Trump and Hillary, an unknown independent would receive 21 percent of the vote (Trump would win 34 percent, and Hillary would win 31 percent). In the West and in New England, an independent would win between 28 percent and 30 percent of the vote.

Read more at: A Case for Putting ‘None of the Above’ on the Ballot

I mean the other part about nominating new candidates and starting the process all over again.

You move the 1st General Election up to Oct. Give the parties 30 days to submit new slates. Do it again in Nov...

You move the 1st General Election up to Oct. Give the parties 30 days to submit new slates. Do it again in Nov...

Kind of short notice, no? :)

Not really. Once it was common practice, the parties could declare alternate slates at their conventions. OR just take their chances and fight it out in 30 days with small arms and hand grenades as far as I'm concerned.

But with actual write-ins -- they are all tallied individually. With NOTA they are all tallied TOGETHER. Get the diff?

Are you telling me that addition is beyond your skill set? I know that's not true. :lol:

You cannot make a law to add votes for Sponge Bob to votes for Ricky Morty. Adding apples and oranges gives a general fruit sum.. The law would have to take each of those names seriously as individual candidate.

If you want to argue that Trump isn't taking outside money, namely from GOP special interests,

let's have that debate.

I see no reason to argue or debate your lies. I swear you libs really suck at this, I should join your side temporarily out of pity and make some arguments for you, maybe you fools would learn something. When your topic is rooted in lies and twisted half truths you have lost from the get go. God if I were a leftist and that were my life, mired in lies and intentional dishonesty Christ what a shitty life that would be. Thank God I abandoned the Democratic party decades ago and became a conservative.

What bothers me a lot is the role the media plays in swaying elections. They should have to remain neutral. They have so much influence over people.

They are becoming less powerful and more pathetic. Better commentary on Twitter these days than CNN.
Caught them in a HUGE lie just this morning when I was skipping between MSLSD and Fox Biz.

Won't make that mistake any more. Media NEVER covers ideas and problem-solving and proposals. USMB does.

Not really. Once it was common practice, the parties could declare alternate slates at their conventions. OR just take their chances and fight it out in 30 days with small arms and hand grenades as far as I'm concerned.

So you are saying they should have "back-up" candidates lined up? Well, who's to say those candidates would be any better? My main reason for not wanting to vote for either party is because I want them both to be knocked down and put an end to this duopoly.

Forum List

Back