How about a flat 10% income tax?

You are the one proposing we end income taxes.

I am the one advocating we pay for the what we own NOW and quit leaving it to the next generation.

You are a monirity and none of these stupid ideas will be accepted by a majority of Americans and that is a good thing.

Why is it no country in the world can opperate on a 10% flat tax?
Name one that's tried it?

Usually greedy politicians get in the way.

Technically the Vatican is the only 'government' that has used the tithe successfully. Regardless of WHY people paid, they are still one of the wealthiest theological/political forces in the world. All thanks to tithing and compound interest.

You are a monirity and none of these stupid ideas will be accepted by a majority of Americans and that is a good thing.

I doubt it. The status quo sucks. Communism's worse, and economically unsustainable (Proven by the USSR among others). Why not try it?

How about a flat 10% income tax with a SINGLE DEDUCTION of $85,000? This way it is not complicated and the vary poorest don't have to pay them.

With no refunds and no deductions, just think how much it would save in the long run.

Because it will not produce enough revenue unless you have it at 25 to 30% and even then its a boon for the wealthy and not so good for the poor and middle class.

Because it will not produce enough revenue unless you have it at 25 to 30% and even then its a boon for the wealthy and not so good for the poor and middle class.

Repetez, s'il vous plaits.

"Universal Spending Cuts. Learn it, live it, love it."

Wealth redistribution always fails ultimately.

You are the one proposing we end income taxes.
So you actually can read somewhat , that's a surprise, however your skills remain imperfect as ever, I proposed we eliminate individual income taxes, they account for less than 30% of revenues and could easily be offset by an order of magnitude REDUCTION in spending.

I am the one advocating we pay for the what we own NOW and quit leaving it to the next generation.
LOL and how has that been working out so far? have you noticed that cumulative operating deficits and unfunded liabilities are growing ever larger even as our tax burden increases? why do you want to just keep giving politicians and bureaucrats more money to waste on all the egregious monstrosities that built up this immoral and unsustainable debt? do you believe that they will suddenly become fiscally responsible all on their own or something?

Sheesh, you are dense, at the current rate no one will have any choice because our current situation is UNSUSTAINABLE, either we are looking at draconian rates of taxation never seen in our history in a futile attempt to maintain our current spending levels, drastic cuts in spending, federal bankruptcy or a combination of the 3. The money faucet needs to be turned off NOW so that the spending faucet can follow suit.

Why is it no country in the world can opperate on a 10% flat tax?

Actually countries have done quite well with a much lower tax. Its governments that seem to have a hard time coping with that. Now if we tax the people more then the country suffers but if we tax them less then the governmtn suffers. Which one should we care about more? The country or the arbitrary body that we have decided to give the power to take away our freedoms?

I'm going to take a "Robin Hood" spirit on this and side with the peasents and not with the kingdom.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that the left cries about the deficit and the govt can't afford lower taxes but doesn't seem to react in the same way when we pass stim bills?

Where was this outcry a year ago? Wait...they were busy blaming Bush.

How about a flat 10% income tax with a SINGLE DEDUCTION of $85,000? This way it is not complicated and the vary poorest don't have to pay them.

Then the wealthy and the newest pals of the GOP SCOTUS...Corporate elites, will push a high sales and property tax when taxes fail to pay for government.

Flat Tax schemes aren't pushed by incredibly wealthy pricks out of altruism.

Has anyone noticed that the left cries about the deficit and the govt can't afford lower taxes but doesn't seem to react in the same way when we pass stim bills?

uhm...the financial meltdown happened on Bush's watch.

whatever happened to the buck stops here? LOL

uhm...the financial meltdown happened on Bush's watch.

whatever happened to the buck stops here? LOL

I would like for you guys to name a policy that caused the meltdown instead of just blaming a person. Perhaps you think it was the Bush tax cuts or the Clintion Freddie and Fannie?

Then the wealthy and the newest pals of the GOP SCOTUS...Corporate elites, will push a high sales and property tax when taxes fail to pay for government.

Flat Tax schemes aren't pushed by incredibly wealthy pricks out of altruism.

I was unaware that i was incredibly wealthy. Could to tell me which bank I have my funds in. I could use the extra cash right now.

Forum List

Back