How about a Dog Lover's Thread?

Animal-memes-equivalent-of-holding-hands-520x522.jpg

Police dog buried with full honors after dying in line of duty - Pets - TODAY.com

1D274906675459-today-k9-140902-03.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

Oklahoma City police officer Sgt. Ryan Stark leans over the casket of his canine partner, Kye, who died after being stabbed by a burglary suspect.
1D274906675460-today-k9-140902-tease2.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

Police officers file past Kye's casket during his Aug. 28 funeral.
1D274906675582-today-k9-140902-05.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

Canine officers and their handlers from around the state stopped at Kye's casket.
“Without question, Kye’s sacrifice saved the life of one of the officers. We will forever remain in your debt,” said Sgt. Coy Gilbert during the eulogy at the dog's Aug. 28 service.
1D274906675583-today-k9-140902-04.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

Read more at the link.

That dog looks familiar. I think another poster posted a picture of his dog that recently died that had two different colored eyes too.

Not aware of that, still a cutie. :)

I think it might have been Average Joe? (Sp?) He has an avatar of his two dogs while driving down the road in his jeep. Really cute. They're both wearing goggles though, so you can't see the dogs eyes in the avatar, but I believe he posted a pic in a thread about his dog passing away, and it had two different colored eyes too, IIRC. I could be mistaken though. Lol.

That dog looks familiar. I think another poster posted a picture of his dog that recently died that had two different colored eyes too.

I think it might have been Average Joe? (Sp?) He has an avatar of his two dogs while driving down the road in his jeep. Really cute. They're both wearing goggles though, so you can't see the dogs eyes in the avatar, but I believe he posted a pic in a thread about his dog passing away, and it had two different colored eyes too, IIRC. I could be mistaken though. Lol.

This was from tumblr a placetolovedogs blog. I dunno.

I would like to have a dog like this one day. :) Is that not the cutest little thing? He looks like a stuffed animal!

8T88XoATX.jpg

Check your local shelter. More than 25% of animals put down in shelters are "pure bred". When I was working in the field, I saw more pure breeds than I could ever have guessed.

Really - get on the breed list at your shelter. If they don't have a breed list, volunteer and start one.

I would like to have a dog like this one day. :) Is that not the cutest little thing? He looks like a stuffed animal!

8T88XoATX.jpg

Check your local shelter. More than 25% of animals put down in shelters are "pure bred". When I was working in the field, I saw more pure breeds than I could ever have guessed.

Really - get on the breed list at your shelter. If they don't have a breed list, volunteer and start one.

Thank you for the advice. One of these days I just might do that. :)

This was from tumblr a placetolovedogs blog. I dunno.

Oh, I doubt very much it's the same dog. I was just noticing the similarity, and especially with the 2 different colored eyes, as that is an unusual feature.

Forum List

Back