How about a Dog Lover's Thread?

One of those lives a few doors down. SO CUTE when it is barking at Karma when I walk her.

Hopefully, if I ever get one, I could train it not to bark too much. :lol: Honestly, that is so annoying. We have a neighbor who has a small dog that they just keep outside all day, and it barks incessantly. I don't know how people can stand that all day long.

That's the problem with small dogs....they seem to yip yap a lot.

I called the local Dog Club seeking advice after our mutt bit a neighbor.

Bottom line- I was advised to euthanize our pet of 15 years.

I don't love this dog, but that there is fucked up.

So...did you do it? I would have said a resounding NO.
Depending on the situation, of course. Dogs can get senile too. What did the neighbor do to get bit?

Of course not. He's snoozin' here on the floor next to my chair.

I invited the neighbor in, assuming the dog would bark a-plenty but not bite (that's always been his behavior). She reached out to pet him and got bit. My bad. So he's in a mandated 10-day quarantine until Tuesday.

I had to call a half-dozen vets before I found one to sign off on the home quarantine. The form states that the vet assumes all liability while the dog is home-quarantined. Why, I don't know. I have a meeting with the County Board's Health and Safety committee next month.

15 years is quite old for a dog. I'm pretty sure the average life span of a dog is 10-12 years. Does he suffer from any medical problems?

Nothing outwardly. We're pretty sure he's hurting from doggy arthritis. He had x-rays a few months back and the vet marveled at what good shape he's in. His first 10 years were spent freely running the countryside. Then we moved to the city and he's always been leashed when out of the house.

So...did you do it? I would have said a resounding NO.
Depending on the situation, of course. Dogs can get senile too. What did the neighbor do to get bit?

Of course not. He's snoozin' here on the floor next to my chair.

I invited the neighbor in, assuming the dog would bark a-plenty but not bite (that's always been his behavior). She reached out to pet him and got bit. My bad. So he's in a mandated 10-day quarantine until Tuesday.

I had to call a half-dozen vets before I found one to sign off on the home quarantine. The form states that the vet assumes all liability while the dog is home-quarantined. Why, I don't know. I have a meeting with the County Board's Health and Safety committee next month.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Hopefully everything works out well for you and your doggie! :)

Great idea.

I haven't the time this morning to go through this OP but would like to make a comment, relative to the title: Men who love dogs more than cats, make the best mates. :thup:

?Shut up, n*gger!?: CA man goes on racist tirade when he?s caught throwing dog into the street

A California man was arrested on charges of animal cruelty over the weekend after he was caught on video throwing a 6-month-old dog into the street by its leash.

Lindsey Cooks told KTLA that he was waiting at a bus station in Lancaster on Saturday when he saw 54-year-old Robert Emmett Martin abusing the puppy, and decided to record the crime with his cellphone.

Video shows a shirtless Martin yanking the dog into the air, and swinging it by its leash before he is confronted by Cooks. Martin begins yelling racial slurs at Cooks, and then picks up the dog, and slams it hard into the pavement.

As Martin turns around to hurl more racial slurs, the dog can be seen running away.

“I’m a human being, you know,” Cooks explained. “And I couldn’t see even a human being being treated like that, especially a dog can’t defend itself, a little dog. So, I had to do something.”

“I had asked him to stop to, ‘Hey, man, stop doing the dog like that,’ and all he could say was ‘Shut up, n*gger,’” Cooks recalled, adding that only a “racist pig” would act that way.

More at the link, including video.

The puppy is is being treated by a vet and the slimy racist abuser is out on bond.

dog-2-615x345.jpg

Great idea.

I haven't the time this morning to go through this OP but would like to make a comment, relative to the title: Men who love dogs more than cats, make the best mates. :thup:

No, that's not true.

My man used to love dogs.....but damn dogs kept running away or dying....now we just have cats and they are mostly his cats....he feeds them and cleans their litter boxes and they love him....jump on his lap while he's watching TV. Me, they know I'll scream at them if they do something they're not supposed to, so they totally ignore me.

But, to the point....he's been a good mate and continues to be....so your theory doesn't hold water in my case....:eusa_whistle:

We've got to have the sitter watch dog for several days, but I'm freaking she'll back out since he bit the neighbor and we had to go through the quarantine bit. She's going to call tomorrow when I'll tell her the story. She's licensed and all that so I'm wondering if it's procedure for them to avoid the dog from now on. Anyone have this kind of exerience?

Dog For Sale ------Free to good home. Excellent guard dog.

Owner cannot afford to feed him anymore, as there are no more drug pushers, thieves, murderers, or rapists left in the neighborhood for him to eat.

Most of them knew Jethro only by his Chinese Street name, Ho Ree Schitt.

Minnesota dog elected mayor, is the very best - The Washington Post

"Hi, everyone! Meet Duke! He's a dog. He's also a mayor. He's a dog mayor. Well, a dog mayor-elect, I guess? Anyway, yeah. We're thinking the same thing.

This truly is the golden age of American politics.

Duke — which is actually not the dog pictured above but you know what dogs look like, right? — was elected mayor of tiny Cormorant, Minnesota on Tuesday, in one of those a pay-$1-to-vote situations. (He'll officially be sworn in this weekend, WDAY reports.) And look, as a proud member of the Hank Fan Club, I personally could not be more thrilled about the latest dog advancement in society."

More at the link and my bet is he's probably as good as some I've voted for.

Minnesota dog elected mayor, is the very best - The Washington Post

"Hi, everyone! Meet Duke! He's a dog. He's also a mayor. He's a dog mayor. Well, a dog mayor-elect, I guess? Anyway, yeah. We're thinking the same thing.

This truly is the golden age of American politics.

Duke — which is actually not the dog pictured above but you know what dogs look like, right? — was elected mayor of tiny Cormorant, Minnesota on Tuesday, in one of those a pay-$1-to-vote situations. (He'll officially be sworn in this weekend, WDAY reports.) And look, as a proud member of the Hank Fan Club, I personally could not be more thrilled about the latest dog advancement in society."

More at the link and my bet is he's probably as good as some I've voted for.

:biggrin: At least he can't lie.

Great idea.

I love dogs more then cats. This is my dog Leopold he die long time ago. I miss him
eu52k9.jpg

I like both. Both are cute and special in their own ways.

FUN Nonpartisan Presidential Pets Montage VIDEO Liberals Unite

A little break from all the anger and divisive politics!

This fun video is nonpartisan and chock full of pictures of Presidents with their beloved furry friends. There’s a few non presidential pet pictures thrown in as well as some Boehner pics to chew on.

The Monkees provide the soundtrack. Yay!

Turn up your sound and smile.

Forum List

Back