How 469 Passengers and Crew on an Airbus A380 Escaped Death

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
While I was in aerospace I was on our divisions accident team to oversee investigations for the cause of any aircraft incident that may involve our parts on it. I find the detective work fascinating.

Minutes after takeoff a catastrophic failure of the #2 engine on a Qantas A380 sends shrapnel through the aircraft severing critical electrical, fuel and hydraulic systems nearly crippling the aircraft.

1702208828579.png

1702208920668.png

1702209521051.png

A good read on the professionalism of the flight crew and the design of the aircraft that brought everyone home safely.

Very similar to my reaction after finding out that this is a chat site full up with faulty parts

My number two engine blew and I nearly went into a crash dive . Unfortunately I can never land because of my wrecked electric and hydraulic systems and I am forced to orbit in hyperspace until food and water run out and I keel over .

While I was in aerospace I was on our divisions accident team to oversee investigations for the cause of any aircraft incident that may involve our parts on it. I find the detective work fascinating.

Minutes after takeoff a catastrophic failure of the #2 engine on a Qantas A380 sends shrapnel through the aircraft severing critical electrical, fuel and hydraulic systems nearly crippling the aircraft.

View attachment 870808

View attachment 870810

View attachment 870812
A good read on the professionalism of the flight crew and the design of the aircraft that brought everyone home safely.

And I thought losing a pressure plate/clutch disc @ 8K+ was catastrophic! Thanks for the tech link as I found it to be very interesting. If the craft was @ 36 K feet then yeah, there would be debris in outer space for sure. That centrifugal energy force must have been awesomely awesome when it disintegrated & that blistering rpm. Not one person injured like that had to be a miracle. Thanks again for sharing the link with us.