House to Discipline Wilson

My question was do they really plan on disciplining him still? I heard that soon after the speech but I don't believe they intend to do anything to Wilson at this point.

Except to help the Democrat running against him to get elected. That might hurt Wilson a little.

Uh...Pelosi has called a vote today regarding his "reprimanding"...

You know...the same group- of people that arew just too busy to look into Rangel';s issues.

You know...the ones who allowed Murtha to callour troops rapists.

Allowed Pelosi to call the CIA liars.

You know...the same ones that are too busy to do anything regarding ethics....

But they have time to vote on a reprimanding for a man that apologized 6 times for a mistake.

Showboating.

don't forget they cheered when Hillary she's getting fat Clinton call General Petreaus a liar.

Neither General Petreaus nor the CIA are the President of the United States.

You know...the same group- of people that arew just too busy to look into Rangel';s issues.

But they have time to vote on a reprimanding for a man that apologized 6 times for a mistake.

Showboating.

don't forget they cheered when Hillary she's getting fat Clinton call General Petreaus a liar.

Harry Reid called the President a liar.
So did two members of congress during a session.
Those two memebrs apologized and the REPUBLICAN majority let it go.

But please.....continue

Yelled out in a public forum to his face?

Care to substantiate that?

It doesen't have to be to his face to be against the house rules. do a little work over at c-span

Can you show me the rules and when she called him a liar?

Public forum?
Really?
Since when is a President speaking to congress deemed as a publiuc forum?
Wow....we have truly naive people on thois board.
Public forum? LMAO.....

It doesen't have to be to his face to be against the house rules. do a little work over at c-span

Public forum?
Really?
Public forum? LMAO.....
Have you ever met a liberal who wasn't naive?
How about the 150+ dems who relentlessly booed Bush during his state of the union back in 2004?
Funny, but I don't recall the Repubs whining about "disciplining" them.

This is just more political partisan BS from Pelosi and her inept cronies, nothing more. It's laughable more than anything else.

Public forum?
Really?
Public forum? LMAO.....
Hi oldandtired! Haven't seen you round in a bit.

5.gif

I'm trying to understand what you are saying here. Are you suggesting the House is not a public forum - and...

are you familiar with the parliamentary rules in the House & Senate?

I have seen several congresspeople call Bush a liar while IN the house....I saw Pelosi call him MANY names....

Double standard.

Game playing.

Show baoting.
I really would like to see evidence of this. There are very specific rules in the House & Senate.

In 2007, Pete Start didn't even call Bush a liar in the House, although he did make derogatory remarks about Bush (and Bush was not even present)
- and the republicans tried to censure him.

I

The GoP should get up and walk out when Queen Nan brings it up.

BTW, she lied again, she said it was over when Wilson appologized to Obama, and now is doing this anyway.

WTG Nan!

Bring those approval numbers even lower so that we all feel a banana repuiblic has a better gov then we do!

The GOP should all stand up and do this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoOFp-RDpvM]YouTube - Obama Flips Off Hillary Clinton? Slow Motion![/ame]

Public forum?
Really?
Public forum? LMAO.....

5.gif

I'm trying to understand what you are saying here. Are you suggesting the House is not a public forum - and...

The house is a public forum...when the president addresses the house it is NOT a public forum. No one else gets to speak their views or ideas.

And yes, I am familiar with the rules.

Spend the time investigating Rangel...

And if obama did NOT lie, then why does the NEW draft include a NEW stipulation that says that illegal aliens are NOT to receive coverage.

Public forum?
Really?
Public forum? LMAO.....

5.gif

The house is a public forum...when the president addresses the house it is NOT a public forum. No one else gets to speak their views or ideas.

And yes, I am familiar with the rules.

Spend the time investigating Rangel...

And if obama did NOT lie, then why does the NEW draft include a NEW stipulation that says that illegal aliens are NOT to receive coverage.
It is a limited pubic forum, but still a public forum, nonetheless. A quibble I suppose.

I'd still like to see evidence of where and when you saying Pelosi/other congresspeople called Bush a liar IN THE HOUSE.

It would certainly be a topic of news somewhere.

------

RULES OF DECORUM & DEBATE IN THE HOUSE

MEMBERS MUST:

* Address themselves solely and directly to the Chair. They may not address other Members, individuals in the gallery, or persons who might be observing through the media.
* Refer to Members by state, not by name.
* Avoid characterizing another Member’s personal intent or motives and discussing personalities.
* Refrain from speaking disrespectfully of the Speaker, other Members, the President or Vice President.
* Refrain from referring to the official conduct of other Members where such conduct is not under consideration by way of a report of the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct or as a question of the privilege of the House.
* Refrain from referring to the specific votes of particular Senators.
* Refrain from using profane or vulgar language.
* Avoid walking in the well when a Member is speaking.
* Ensure that all handouts distributed on the floor or adjacent rooms comport with the rules of propriety for spoken words, and that all handouts bear the name of the authorizing Member.
* Refrain from eating, smoking, or using electronic equipment, including cellular phones or lap top computers, on the floor.
* Wear appropriate business attire.
NOTE —Debate which violates the rules of decorum may result in a Member’s words being taken down.
Also, this:
Categories of Unparliamentary Speech
* Defaming or degrading the House
* Criticism of the Speaker’s personal conduct
* Impugning the motives of another Member
* Charging falsehood or deception
* Claiming lack of intelligence or knowledge
* References to race, creed, or prejudice
* Charges related to loyalty or patriotism

[SIZE=+1]14 Things about racist Joe Wilson[/SIZE]
Link
Excerpt:
1. His real name is Addison Graves Wilson. He goes by "Joe" so as to appear human.
2. Member of Sons of Confederate Veterans, run by radical, pro-slavery, pro- secession, neo-Confederates
kkk-red2.jpg

[SIZE=-1]Wilson, Corker (in red) and Glenn Beck, right[/SIZE]

Showboating.

so what?

[SIZE=+1]14 Things about racist Joe Wilson[/SIZE]
Link
Excerpt:
1. His real name is Addison Graves Wilson. He goes by "Joe" so as to appear human.
2. Member of Sons of Confederate Veterans, run by radical, pro-slavery, pro- secession, neo-Confederates
kkk-red2.jpg

[SIZE=-1]Wilson, Corker (in red) and Glenn Beck, right[/SIZE]
A Sons of Confederate Veterans and worked for Strom, the segregationalist.

His biography does appear to be filling out some.

Interesting.

Looks like it's a simple "resolution of disapproval," unlike when the pubs tried to Censure Pete Stark in 2007, for speaking against the president. That would be Bush.

"House Democratic leaders have decided to formally discipline Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C., on Tuesday for his jeer last week at President Obama during a joint session of Congress.

The punishment is expected take the form of a "resolution of disapproval," which is a milder version of other more traditional means of congressional discipline like a censure or fine. Wilson can avoid the rap on the wrists by apologizing to his colleagues on the House floor, but Wilson -- who already apologized directly to the White House -- has said that's not going to happen.

Wilson bellowed "You lie!" at Obama during his address. It's against House rules to call the president a "liar" or accuse him of "lying" when the House is in session.
"We're not the British parliament for a reason," said Kristie Greco, spokeswoman for House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, D-S.C.,."Ignoring the issue sets a precedent for bad behavior."

Greco described the resolution as "direct" and "non-partisan."
"It goes directly to conduct on the House floor," Greco said.
Most Democrats in the House appear poised to sanction Wilson. But many Republicans argue that since the South Carolina Republican has already apologized, this step is unnecessary. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., opposed punishing Wilson until Clyburn and other Democratic leaders persuaded her to change her mind.
Critics say Democrats are only prolonging the issue and hurting themselves by pushing for further action against Wilson. Republicans may use the Wilson resolution to try to embarrass Democrats Tuesday, by bringing up the alleged ethical lapses of House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., or Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., or others.

The resolution is "privileged," meaning whenever it is introduced the measure goes to the front of the legislative line. It is unclear who will call up the measure.
A "resolution of disapproval" is not one of the four forms of discipline typically meted out in the House. The most commonly used means of punishment are expulsion, censure, reprimand or fine.

For instance, in 1997, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich was both reprimanded and fined for his book deal. Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., was reprimanded in 1990 for ethical breaches tied to a male prostitute. Republicans tried to censure Rep. Pete Stark, D-Calif., in 2007 for comments he made on the House floor about President Bush. But Democrats voted to set aside that effort.

A simple majority vote is needed to approve the resolution against Wilson."

House to Discipline Wilson for 'You Lie!' Outburst - Political News - FOXNews.com

yep so its all meaningless bullshit and wilson should just tell em to get bent

Looks like it's a simple "resolution of disapproval," unlike when the pubs tried to Censure Pete Stark in 2007, for speaking against the president. That would be Bush.

"House Democratic leaders have decided to formally discipline Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C., on Tuesday for his jeer last week at President Obama during a joint session of Congress.

The punishment is expected take the form of a "resolution of disapproval," which is a milder version of other more traditional means of congressional discipline like a censure or fine. Wilson can avoid the rap on the wrists by apologizing to his colleagues on the House floor, but Wilson -- who already apologized directly to the White House -- has said that's not going to happen.

Wilson bellowed "You lie!" at Obama during his address. It's against House rules to call the president a "liar" or accuse him of "lying" when the House is in session.
"We're not the British parliament for a reason," said Kristie Greco, spokeswoman for House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, D-S.C.,."Ignoring the issue sets a precedent for bad behavior."

Greco described the resolution as "direct" and "non-partisan."
"It goes directly to conduct on the House floor," Greco said.
Most Democrats in the House appear poised to sanction Wilson. But many Republicans argue that since the South Carolina Republican has already apologized, this step is unnecessary. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., opposed punishing Wilson until Clyburn and other Democratic leaders persuaded her to change her mind.
Critics say Democrats are only prolonging the issue and hurting themselves by pushing for further action against Wilson. Republicans may use the Wilson resolution to try to embarrass Democrats Tuesday, by bringing up the alleged ethical lapses of House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., or Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., or others.

The resolution is "privileged," meaning whenever it is introduced the measure goes to the front of the legislative line. It is unclear who will call up the measure.
A "resolution of disapproval" is not one of the four forms of discipline typically meted out in the House. The most commonly used means of punishment are expulsion, censure, reprimand or fine.

For instance, in 1997, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich was both reprimanded and fined for his book deal. Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., was reprimanded in 1990 for ethical breaches tied to a male prostitute. Republicans tried to censure Rep. Pete Stark, D-Calif., in 2007 for comments he made on the House floor about President Bush. But Democrats voted to set aside that effort.

A simple majority vote is needed to approve the resolution against Wilson."

House to Discipline Wilson for 'You Lie!' Outburst - Political News - FOXNews.com

yep so its all meaningless bullshit and wilson should just tell em to get bent
If he has any guts, he'll say it right on the House floor.

Go for it Joe Bob!

Dare ya.

Forum List

Back