House to Discipline Wilson

Of course, it's ok to break the House rules with no consequences if you approve of what the rule breaker said, right?

I guess Willow Tree agrees with that statement.

so,, it's pretty bad now isn't it? you quoted yourself and talked to yourself, do you have a shrink?

Well, now that I have your attention...do you agree with the statement? It certainly seems that way. So? Willing to step up and say whether you believe it to be acceptable for someone to break the House rules on decorum? Or is that only when you agree with what they said?

Or will we be back to you dodging or hiding from the question?

What if a Democrat Congressman in attendance at the State of the Union (when Bush lied. Remember yellow cake?) had yelled out "You lie!"?
Imagine the outrage: Limbaugh, Savage, Hannity, O'Reilly, the Fox News anchors and right wing radio clamoring, "Traitor!", "un-American!" and demanding the Democratic member be tarred and feathered.
It's well past time for civility to be part of the public debate.

They booed and made cat calls, same thing or probably worse actually since it was not a single comment and further they NEVER apologized. Go figure. And what did the Republicans do? Why nothing at all. And the one dem that did get an attempt to punish for comments about Bush the Dems voted against it, go figure.

Now it's expanded to CAT CALLS? :lol::lol::lol:

Nancy Pelosi must have been fingering that mangina of hers with a frenzy as the vote came down.
Henry Waxman must have been scratchin' real hard at that "liberal male feminine itch!"
Wilson must have been laughin' his ass off at home, while the campaign contributions continue to pour in!
Fuckin' libs are idiots!

Aw...

And this ^ little piggy cried wee wee wee

all

the

way

home

lol.

Last edited:
hey the Republicans got a lot of mileage out of this. It's now on public record the other guy started it by calling them liars.. what a hoot.

I guess Willow Tree agrees with that statement.

so,, it's pretty bad now isn't it? you quoted yourself and talked to yourself, do you have a shrink?

Well, now that I have your attention...do you agree with the statement? It certainly seems that way. So? Willing to step up and say whether you believe it to be acceptable for someone to break the House rules on decorum? Or is that only when you agree with what they said?

I didn't dip or dive. I clearly said he should not have done it I also clearly said the other guy did it first where's his apology? He was an invited guest and he called the Republicans liars.. what a hoot this excercise in the House of Hypocrisy!

Is what Wilson did wrong? Absolutely.

Are the Dems looking to score cheap political points by the grandstanding and censure? Yup again.

Would the Republicans do the same if the roles were reversed? Affirmative.

...and the world spins 'round and 'round.

The Dems and Pelosi are idiots!

Rather than ride the tide of the Presidents speech and pushing the healthcare bill they allow the aftermath of a nationwide speech to be some idiot yelling....You Lie!

It is a distraction that does the Dems no good

I didn't dip or dive. I clearly said he should not have done it I also clearly said the other guy did it first where's his apology? He was an invited guest and he called the Republicans liars.. what a hoot this excercise in the House of Hypocrisy!
What "other guy' called the president a liar on the House floor?

Willing to step up and say whether you believe it to be acceptable for someone to break the House rules on decorum?
Still waiting.

And what is this other guy you speak of?

Pete Stark, D-Calif., Called President Bush Liar on House Floor.

Willing to step up and say whether you believe it to be acceptable for someone to break the House rules on decorum?
Still waiting.

And what is this other guy you speak of?

the one who called the Republicans liars. I'm all for an apology and it was made and accepted, the rest of your bullshit is just political shit, deny it all you want to it's political donkeyshit.

he sure did, and one other guy did too, they were given warnings but not censured. The House Of Hypocrisy.

No, he didn't. He said some disparaging remarks (which I disapprove of), but he did not call him a liar.

AND, the republicans brought a censure vote on him to the floor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsGaNR9dVPM&feature=PlayList&p=E873CB52FED96AC8&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5]YouTube - Rep. Pete Stark (D-CA) Outrageous Remarks on House Floor[/ame]

ahhhhh the monument to respect to the office of POTUS

Shouting "You Lie" at President Obama was the single largest campaign fund raising event that has ever happened (I think). Joe Wilson has received $1.3 million in campaign contributions since it happened. His opponent has received $1.5 million in campaign donations since it happened.

Forum List

Back