house passes bill to end phone

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
To end phone record collection.

Bravo. Now we need the Senate and Pres. On board, please.

but will they ?
I really fucking hope so.

Know how many funny assed sex related comments Ive sent my wife over the years?

I dont want some future where like my kids can go back and reference every text ive.made.ever. that shit is creepy

Pretty telling when one of our spy organizations spends the majority of their time watching US - isn't it? Thanks George Bush! Thanks Barry Obama!

How else is Obama gonna be able to rig elections?
Leave the cynical warped mind shit to one of your own delusional threads - i dont want to have to tell you all thread again how fucked up and cynical you are. Ugh, so tedious.

How else is Obama gonna be able to rig elections?
Leave the cynical warped mind shit to one of your own delusional threads - i dont want to have to tell you all thread again how fucked up and cynical you are. Ugh, so tedious.

I know you'll take this article the wrong way....cuz that's what you do......but this is an objective viewpoint of what is going on in the NSA.

The Surveillance State Puts U.S. Elections at Risk of Manipulation - The Atlantic

"Puts at risk" =/= "have been manipulated."

:cuckoo: Conspiracy theorist.

but will they ?

I dont want some future where like my kids can go back and reference every text ive.made.ever. that shit is creepy
You may be thinking that Big Brother captures conversations and messages sent by texting. I do not believe this is the case. They track the numbers you call and the durations of the calls. It's not like they're tapping your phone line. If they discover you conversing regularly with a known terrorist, you may get a visitor wearing sunglasses and an ear bud.

but will they ?

You may be thinking that Big Brother captures conversations and messages sent by texting. I do not believe this is the case. They track the numbers you call and the durations of the calls. It's not like they're tapping your phone line. If they discover you conversing regularly with a known terrorist, you may get a visitor wearing sunglasses and an ear bud.
I think they have every text and email i probably ever sent, and can probably even gather all my messageboard posts into one tidy.neat spot.

I think they have every text and email i probably ever sent, and can probably even gather all my messageboard posts into one tidy.neat spot.
1zx1qhg.jpg

If you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about.

Even if they pass the law do you really think the practice will stop? If, god forbid, we have another 9-11 type event how long will it take before they pass another law to do the same thing?

1zx1qhg.jpg

Im not worried about any law breaking.

Im worried about a data breach some day and then every friend or family member can read every other friend and family member's everything they wrote online or in text, ever.

1zx1qhg.jpg

Im worried about a data breach some day and then every friend or family member can read every other friend and family member's everything they wrote online or in text, ever.
I think it would be hilarious for people to find out what their two-faced friends and loved ones say behind their backs.

If we all lived as though everyone was listening and watching everything we do, the world would be a better place.

1zx1qhg.jpg

I think it would be hilarious for people to find out what their two-faced friends and loved ones say behind their backs.

If we all lived as though everyone was listening and watching everything we do, the world would be a better place.
Gossip is one thing.

Privacy is another. Intimacy, health info, etc.

It's not just "phone record collection" it's a warrantless illegal invasion of privacy by the federal government. It's ironic that the left wing media encouraged outrage over President Bush's authorization to monitor certain overseas calls to suspected terrorist organizations without a warrant but they are silent when the current administration not only intercepts phone calls but searches phone records for political enemies and uses the IRS to try to destroy opposition opinions.

but will they ?

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

but will they ?

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!
I dont at all think theyre out to get me.

I think their data will one day leak.

That we're voting on such absurdity shows us how absolutely retarded our leaders really are. Of course, no one should have ever started collecting our records in the first place.

Forum List

Back