House may try to pass Senate health-care bill without voting on it

Nope, this is about trying to short-circuit the Senate from screwing things up again if it gets back to them for reconciliation. Repubs in both houses have already stated how they intend to use every delaying tactic at their disposal. It's only fair for the Dems to use tactics they have at their disposal, too.

It's legal, it's constitutional and tough shit for you Dem-haters who don't like it, because none of your arguments against it hold any water. None.

:D

No it's not. It's a slight of hand designed to pass the bill while giving members "plausible deniability" when they are criticized for voting for it.

It's highly Clintonian, ala "it depends upon what meaning of is is".

Please provide proof that the Constitution allows Congress to pass bills without really voting.

Last edited:
Nope, this is about trying to short-circuit the Senate from screwing things up again if it gets back to them for reconciliation. Repubs in both houses have already stated how they intend to use every delaying tactic at their disposal. It's only fair for the Dems to use tactics they have at their disposal, too.

It's legal, it's constitutional and tough shit for you Dem-haters who don't like it, because none of your arguments against it hold any water. None.

No it's not. It's a slight of hand designed to pass the bill while giving members "plausible deniability" when they are criticized for voting for it.

It's highly Clintonian, ala "it depends upon what meaning of is is".

Please provide proof that the Constitution allows Congress to pass bills without really voting.

Guess you better scroll back and look.

Or you can just check out Article 1, Sec. 5.

Either way, any court challenge to this wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

And btw, as I've said earlier, having two bills being voted on simultaneously is not passing a bill "without really voting". There will be a vote, IOW.

Repubs are just mad because if this works they won't have as much opportunity to throw a monkey wrench into getting a final product for Pres. Obama's desk.

Sorry - your link in NO WAY justifies the use of Deem and Pass for legislation of this size and scope.

Pelosi has not the votes - and so, this option is being sent out as a test balloon in preparation for its use.

When the majority party cannot even get the votes, you know this legislation is a big stinking pile of special interest Big Government SHIT.
___

I can give yuh a few to start with bro. Federal funded abortions are a lunatics dream. It will Bankrupt this Country! Also, Forcing people to have health insurance is Un-Constitutional. The majority of Americans don't want This bill passed. Why can't you fools get that through your doped up heads? Pelosi and the rest of your Party are braindead bottomfeeding carpetbaggers. Obama is a madman. It's got nothing to do with "Dem-haters" and everything to do with a bunch of mentally deranged idiots which includes yourself. ~BH

Guess you better scroll back and look.

Or you can just check out Article 1, Sec. 5.

Either way, any court challenge to this wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

And btw, as I've said earlier, having two bills being voted on simultaneously is not passing a bill "without really voting". There will be a vote, IOW.

Repubs are just mad because if this works they won't have as much opportunity to throw a monkey wrench into getting a final product for Pres. Obama's desk.

You need to read Article I Section 7 and reconsider.

All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.

Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill.

Last edited:
Sorry - your link in NO WAY justifies the use of Deem and Pass for legislation of this size and scope.

Pelosi has not the votes - and so, this option is being sent out as a test balloon in preparation for its use.

When the majority party cannot even get the votes, you know this legislation is a big stinking pile of special interest Big Government SHIT.
___

I can give yuh a few to start with bro. Federal funded abortions are a lunatics dream. It will Bankrupt this Country! Also, Forcing people to have health insurance is Un-Constitutional. The majority of Americans don't want This bill passed. Why can't you fools get that through your doped up heads? Pelosi and the rest of your Party are braindead bottomfeeding carpetbaggers. Obama is a madman. It's got nothing to do with "Dem-haters" and everything to do with a bunch of mentally deranged idiots which includes yourself. ~BH

Suck it, BH.

And I mean that with all the kindness that delusional wingnuts like yourself deserve.

Most people are missing a very important issue in regards to this Democrat Health Care plan. The Democrats are likely to push for Amnesty for some 30 Million Illegals in the near future. These people will have to be covered under this plan. Their $1 Trillion number just doesn't add up. When or if Amnesty happens,the real costs will likely be ten times their original number. Maybe even more. Go with Dr. Ron Paul on this one. He has said that he's never seen a spending bill cost what they originally said it was going to cost. The Democrat's numbers just don't add up. In a time of extreme debt,this just isn't the right time for this massive spending plan. Hey that's how i see it anyway.

All bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by Yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.

Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill.

And where in this does it prohibit what is being done now and was done by the Republicans 35 times before? Ultimately, it's still a piece of proposed legislation like any other.

Suck it, BH.

And I mean that with all the kindness that delusional wingnuts like yourself deserve.

Oooooh! Took some brain cells to come up with that one huh bro? Clean your bong you joke. You're like a fucking comedy show here. How many times did the Doctor drop you on your melon? You can't blame it all on dope.

SmileyGoBoom.gif
~BH

Suck it, BH.

Oooooh! Took some brain cells to come up with that one huh bro? Clean your bong you joke. You're like a fucking comedy show here. How many times did the Doctor drop you on your melon? You can't blame it all on dope.

SmileyGoBoom.gif
~BH

I'm sure it took you half as many brain cells to come up with the above.

Most people are missing a very important issue in regards to this Democrat Health Care plan. The Democrats are likely to push for Amnesty for some 30 Million Illegals in the near future. These people will have to be covered under this plan. Their $1 Trillion number just doesn't add up. When or if Amnesty happens,the real costs will likely be ten times their original number. Maybe even more. Go with Dr. Ron Paul on this one. He has said that he's never seen a spending bill cost what they originally said it was going to cost. The Democrat's numbers just don't add up. In a time of extreme debt,this just isn't the right time for this massive spending plan. Hey that's how i see it anyway.

Yeah, That's a good point. And you know those bottomfeeders also want the amnesty so they can blow the millions of more legalized tax payers dollars on future mentally deranged bills. ~BH

Suck it, BH.

SmileyGoBoom.gif
~BH

I'm sure it took you half as many brain cells to come up with the above.

Nah, Your way too easy bro. sMOKE uP Johnny!
smiley_bong.gif
~BH

Last edited:
Amnesty for 30 Million or more Illegals will quickly bankrupt this nation. I mean we're already bankrupt but Amnesty will be the final nail. These 30 Million or more people will have to be covered under this plan. Their $1 Trillion number just isn't very realistic. I think most common sense thinking people understand this. Oh well,i guess we'll see where it all ends up. Stay tuned.

And where in this does it prohibit what is being done now and was done by the Republicans 35 times before? Ultimately, it's still a piece of proposed legislation like any other.

Bills require a Yea or Nay vote to be put into law. Deeming it passed is a not a Yea or Nay vote.

I call shenanigans on the 35 times this was done by the Republican. Please provide details and sources.

Last edited:
Amnesty for 30 Million or more Illegals will quickly bankrupt this nation. I mean we're already bankrupt but Amnesty will be the final nail. These 30 Million or more people will have to be covered under this plan. Their $1 Trillion number just isn't very realistic. I think most common sense thinking people understand this. Oh well,i guess we'll see where it all ends up. Stay tuned.

Which basically proves The Democratic Party is full of lunatics who are bent on destroying this Country. ~BH

How on earth can they think this is legal?

The biggest question for a court challege right now is who will have standing to oppose it?

It is legal...and it's constitutional. Sadly, if utilized, it can't be stopped and the only fallout will be that the reform will become law and there will be a whole bunch of new congresseional representatives elected in 10. Oh yeah, and Pelosi will probably have a hard time getting past the Pearly Gates. I hear the bouncers are pretty tough on heartless, thoughtless, elitists.

""I feel pretty confident it is unconstitutional," said Michael W. McConnell, director of Stanford Law School's Constitutional Law Center ."
House Democrats' tactic for health-care bill is debated

How on earth can they think this is legal?

The biggest question for a court challege right now is who will have standing to oppose it?

It is legal...and it's constitutional. Sadly, if utilized, it can't be stopped and the only fallout will be that the reform will become law and there will be a whole bunch of new congresseional representatives elected in 10. Oh yeah, and Pelosi will probably have a hard time getting past the Pearly Gates. I hear the bouncers are pretty tough on heartless, thoughtless, elitists.

""I feel pretty confident it is unconstitutional," said Michael W. McConnell, director of Stanford Law School's Constitutional Law Center ."
House Democrats' tactic for health-care bill is debated
So does anyone else who follows this.

Still think nan has the votes?

More attempts to jam this unpopular bill down our wallets:

If they do this they make themselves a domestic enemy of the constitution. That being said I think we should send our armed forces into the capital to arrest them all for it since they swear an oath to protect us from domestic enemies of the constitution.

I dont think i have the manpower and firepower to pull it off, but thats why we have the armed services.

If they do this they make themselves a domestic enemy of the constitution. That being said I think we should send our armed forces into the capital to arrest them all for it since they swear an oath to protect us from domestic enemies of the constitution.

I dont think i have the manpower and firepower to pull it off, but thats why we have the armed services.
That is a bit extreme, it would be quite a mess if it happened, but those things do happen to govs who ignore their people and break the laws of their own land.

That is a bit extreme, it would be quite a mess if it happened, but those things do happen to govs who ignore their people and break the laws of their own land.

Only a bit? Thanks man I was waiting for some (article you around?) to say I'm crazy :).

Seriously though they are basically overthrowing our constitional republic in front of our very eyes. Usurping the power of the people for their own nefarious purposes under the guise of "helping the people".

Forum List

Back