House GOP refuses to boost funding for election security

Asking people to bring the thing they already have is voter suppression?

Many people who have been voting for decades do not have an ID - Driver's license or otherwise. If I didn't drive or fly then I wouldn't need one either. You are penalizing the elderly, the disabled, and college students who don't drive. In many states, even a current student ID is not acceptable.

So IOW, you are penalizing voters who would largely vote Democratic (your Republican overlords know this).

And just so you know, "widespread voter fraud" is a myth.
Debunking the Voter Fraud Myth

I have been working most of my life every job in the past 15 years have required a government issued photo ID.

States offer government photo IDs. If we do have photo ID requirements then the states would and should give out those IDs to those who can't afford it.

With the link: so voter fraud only happens when you say it does?

Tax payer government IDs for those who can't afford it would be cheap and would solve many of the complaints on both sides.

I have been working most of my life every job in the past 15 years have required a government issued photo ID.
States offer government photo IDs. If we do have photo ID requirements then the states would and should give out those IDs to those who can't afford it.
Tax payer government IDs for those who can't afford it would be cheap and would solve many of the complaints on both sides.

I don't ever recall being asked for such a thing on hire. Might have happened once a very long time ago. Lost my SS card when I was in college (put it in laundry) and haven't been asked for that either. I've been with my bank for 15 years. Even they don't ask for an ID when I deposit or cash a check.

My link included links to 40 or more studies. Widespread voter fraud is very simply - a myth.

So saving taxpayer money is suddenly bad? lol

So preventing communists in russia from fixing and cheating in our elections and democracy is suddenly bad?

It's all obongo's fault...…..

Oh, and I thought you might have blamed Big Bird.

Deno blames Obama and Tinky Winky - the Liberal Gay Teletubby :D

tinkywpurse.jpg

I don't ever recall being asked for such a thing on hire. Might have happened once a very long time ago. Lost my SS card when I was in college (put it in laundry) and haven't been asked for that either. I've been with my bank for 15 years. Even they don't ask for an ID when I deposit or cash a check.

My link included links to 40 or more studies. Widespread voter fraud is very simply - a myth.

Ok. I don't know your experience. I can only go by my experience and in my experience I have had to show 2 forms of ID one must be a government issued photo ID.

I can't do much without a photo ID.

Ok. I don't know your experience. I can only go by my experience and in my experience I have had to show 2 forms of ID one must be a government issued photo ID.

Well, I have to drive and I have to fly - Many don't and if I didn't, I might need a photo ID once a year.

Well, I have to drive and I have to fly - Many don't and if I didn't, I might need a photo ID once a year.

I don't need a photo ID every day. I am not making that claim, but I do need it regularly.

I have 2 kids one is going into kindergarten this fall. To sign her up for public school you were required to provide a photo ID with the address you say you lived at. To pick my child early whoever does that must provide a photo ID.

If I pick up an online order from Target or Walmart I need a photo ID.

To see a doctor or even to pick up a RX requires a photo ID the first time.

This is why I legitimately don't understand how the average person can live without some sort of government issues photo ID

The Orange Poopstain LOVES the Russian mauling of our democracy so don't anger him or he might tweet something mean about you. The Republican Party is now the Putin Party. Sad.

House Republicans are refusing to provide additional funding for state election security grants in a spending bill despite the move upsetting Democrats pointing at Russia's election interference.

Democrats want to continue funding the grants program to help states boost security for their voting systems, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

The floor debate on Wednesday came shortly after President Trump refused to denounce Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election, sparking backlash from both sides of the aisle.​

That's not the least of it.

Trump’s lack of cyber leader may make U.S. vulnerable
The Orange Poopstain LOVES the Russian mauling of our democracy so don't anger him or he might tweet something mean about you. The Republican Party is now the Putin Party. Sad.

House Republicans are refusing to provide additional funding for state election security grants in a spending bill despite the move upsetting Democrats pointing at Russia's election interference.

Democrats want to continue funding the grants program to help states boost security for their voting systems, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

The floor debate on Wednesday came shortly after President Trump refused to denounce Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election, sparking backlash from both sides of the aisle.​

That's not the least of it.

Trump’s lack of cyber leader may make U.S. vulnerable

Getting rid of the red tape makes it better and faster.

Give libs what they want. Award a giant contract to a donor. Declare the problem solved when its not and campaign on fixing it. Isnt that the Washington way? Perhaps they could hire the Awans to point out some fixes.

I have no objection to having a voter ID card. First the Congress needs to pass a bill, establish what ID's or records need to be produced to apply for the voter ID card, and do so well before the next general election.

We know the Republican's who complain about voter fraud won't do so, they would lose this wedge issue and their talking points, i.e. voter fraud gave HRC 2.9 million more votes than Trump.

Holy smokes, this thread gives me a headache. Ugh. Morons. I donlt even know where to begin correcting the falsehoods and total lunacy expressed here.

We have about half a dozen so-called "intelligence agencies", some with secret funding , with a specific mission to counter hacking attempts. There is zero evidence that the Russians ever penetrated any state or local elections.so what's the point again? Dump taxpayer money on states to do what? During the last administration we couldn't even depend on the A.G. to prosecute uniformed radicals who stood in front of polling places armed with sticks and shotguns. You almost gotta laugh that Barry Hussein Sotoro was in charge during the last election and they were too busy conducting an illegal surveillance on the opposition candidate like some 3rd world gestapo to monitor the alleged hacking and left wing propaganda paid for by foreign agents.

Last edited:
First things first, democracy is not a form of government. Though, 'a democracy' is. Which is why people need to speak up whenever some dolt talks about 'our democracy'...like it's a thing we have or something. We are not a representative Republic, we are a compound Republic, each State being a Republic itself with the responsibility of limiting the federal Republic strictly. National ID cards are patently anti-freedom. The last time they tried to pass a bill about it, they left an open door to add whatever data the security agencies thought was beneficial. National ID is precisely what will send our Republic straight into a tyranny.

That's just skimming the thread without fully reading it. What the heck are you people smokin?

Last edited:
So saving taxpayer money is suddenly bad? lol

So preventing communists in russia from fixing and cheating in our elections and democracy is suddenly bad?

It's all obongo's fault...…..

Oh, and I thought you might have blamed Big Bird.

Deno blames Obama and Tinky Winky - the Liberal Gay Teletubby :D

tinkywpurse.jpg

You look stupid in that picture...…

Forum List

Back