House Democrats ‘Deem’ Faux $1.1 Trillion Budget ‘as Passed’

Huh... 215 Representatives violated their duties and oath of office. When can we expect charges filed is what I want to know?

I think there needs to be some serious changes made to House and Senate rules in regards to "deem and pass" and reconciliation. Not abolishment, just substantive changes in how, where and why they can be executed. ...maybe I'm wrong but it leaves the door open to too much "soft tyranny".
Better still, clarification when being delinquent or negligent of their duties becomes a removable offense. I think that's one area that needs a whole lot more teeth in laws and rules, for all three branches of government.

You know this term "Deem-and-pass" was never used, never contrived, never existed, anywhere, until this year? But the procedure has always existed...

It is, basically, voting on a recon bill or ammendment, while voting on the underlying bill (in this case the budget) at the same time. That's all. Positively no different in consequence than passing the underlying bill, then passing the amendment. It's procedural. Nothing new, no seedy, dark X-files smoking man stuff.....

You may be correct, but what is really "low life" about it is that they avoid having to say they voted on it. It's called deflection on the tough decisions, and aren't held accountable when facing their constituents.
It's not the way to pass major legislation.

I'd say it's more like lawmakers who want the amendments in order to approve the budget wanting to ensure that the budget doesn't pass, then the amendments fail. A little bit like a gas station demanding you pay before you pump. It just gets the thing done faster than re-writing the entire budget.

Maybe it's not the best way to pass major legislation. But it's not sleazy or tricky or anything like that. Like I said, completely identical to passing the underlying bill, then the amendment.

If you hate the budget, lets attack it. But the procedure? It just ain't the conspiracy some of you want it to be.

conspiracy...no
sleezy...definately

You know, I was watching "The Presidents" earlier this week and saw what was going on during James Buchanan's reign as well as James Polk's. Talk about two horrific presidents. Why does Obama seem to be combining the worst traits of both in him? We have essentially "Bleeding Arizona" going on except this time it's the FEDS attacking the state, not pro slavery forces burning out Abolitionists. You have whole counties that are war zones where the line over what nation REALLY controls it is in question.

This is a crisis of incredible importance, and our federal government, tasked with protecting us from foreign powers and invasions is kicking back giving us the finger then teeing up on the back nine.

You know this term "Deem-and-pass" was never used, never contrived, never existed, anywhere, until this year? But the procedure has always existed...

It is, basically, voting on a recon bill or ammendment, while voting on the underlying bill (in this case the budget) at the same time. That's all. Positively no different in consequence than passing the underlying bill, then passing the amendment. It's procedural. Nothing new, no seedy, dark X-files smoking man stuff.....

You may be correct, but what is really "low life" about it is that they avoid having to say they voted on it. It's called deflection on the tough decisions, and aren't held accountable when facing their constituents.
It's not the way to pass major legislation.

I'd say it's more like lawmakers who want the amendments in order to approve the budget wanting to ensure that the budget doesn't pass, then the amendments fail. A little bit like a gas station demanding you pay before you pump. It just gets the thing done faster than re-writing the entire budget.

Maybe it's not the best way to pass major legislation. But it's not sleazy or tricky or anything like that. Like I said, completely identical to passing the underlying bill, then the amendment.

If you hate the budget, lets attack it. But the procedure? It just ain't the conspiracy some of you want it to be.

The procedure in which the budget was passed should be attacked.
again....
Never before -- since the creation of the Congressional budget process -- has the House failed to pass a budget, failed to propose a budget then deemed the non-existent budget as passed as a means to avoid a direct, recorded vote on a budget, but still allow Congress to spend taxpayer money.

These Dems will excuse anything this congress does, but what they forget is they are setting precedent here. If they do it, then when they lose power, the opposition will do it as well. I wonder how kosher it will be with them when its a Republican congress doing it.

Same deal with all these Powers the President is ceasing. One day a republican will be in there, and if Obama did it, they will to. How are these Dems going to feel about it then.

Whatever you need to make yourself sleep at night.

You must have lost your mind in 2008. Go dems, go Mr. Obama.

:lol: Awesome. Great comeback. You sure shut me the fuck up.
:lol::lol:GO DEMS GO!!!!!:lol::lol:
Well, we kicked your ass in 2008, we got the health care bill passed....and we got this pased. I didnt think it was nice to kick sand in your face, but if you insist, ok.

neener neener. So there, poopy face. :lol:

Well, we kicked your ass in 2008, we got the health care bill passed....and we got this pased. I didnt think it was nice to kick sand in your face, but if you insist, ok.

what a fool cheering as the Dems Destroy your country.

:lol:

:udaman:

So you fully support them, even though they're not doing the job they were hired to do?

Were you this loud for 8 years of bush? Seriously, were you?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!

.................................................................... :anj_stfu:................................................................

So you fully support them, even though they're not doing the job they were hired to do?

Were they spending as much as the libs? Well? Were they?

Secondly, did the GOP have a near supermajority like the libs? Yes? No. And they got fucked out of their majority status cause they didn't want to get kicked out of the georgetown cocktail circuit and shared a lot of the leadership roles for the first chunk of W's term, and then had to cede it in the Senate thanks to Jumpin Jim Jeffords. So, really, was it a conservative senate till 2006? No. Not hardly. Only in the House was there any clear majority and that couldn't hold together for shit because of too many damn RINOs in there.

Nothing like no memory to let you sleep at night.

These Dems will excuse anything this congress does, but what they forget is they are setting precedent here. If they do it, then when they lose power, the opposition will do it as well. I wonder how kosher it will be with them when its a Republican congress doing it.

Same deal with all these Powers the President is ceasing. One day a republican will be in there, and if Obama did it, they will to. How are these Dems going to feel about it then.
They don't know. They're too short-sighted.

But I guarantee they will screech with outrage when a GOP-majority government takes advantage of the precedent they set.

I was not pleased with his Dem-Lite actions. And I voiced my opinion.

Meanwhile, you fully support the Dems, even though they're not doing the job they were hired to do?

I was not pleased with his Dem-Lite actions. And I voiced my opinion.

Meanwhile, you fully support the Dems, even though they're not doing the job they were hired to do?

Very true. The repubs lost their majority because they started acting and spending like the dems of today. What is hillarious is that the idiot dems don't realize that. Hopefully, when , the repubs take back congress this fall they will realize it too. But I'm not too worried, they don't seem to have as much cock stuck in their ears as dems do when it comes to listening to the people's frustrations about government.

Very true. The repubs lost their majority because they started acting and spending like the dems of today. What is hillarious is that the idiot dems don't realize that. Hopefully, when , the repubs take back congress this fall they will realize it too. But I'm not too worried, they don't seem to have as much cock stuck in their ears as dems do when it comes to listening to the people's frustrations about government.
That's the TEA party's doing: Reminding GOP candidates that non-conservative GOPers are not welcome.

That's the TEA party's doing: Reminding GOP candidates that non-conservative GOPers are not welcome.

And Kazakhstanians. They smell funny.

Whatever you need to make yourself sleep at night. You must have lost your mind in 2008. Go dems, go Mr. Obama.

Your such a tool, Ms. zona. I really doubt you believe half of what you post...nobody is that stupid. :lol:

I am the fool and you refer to me as Ms. Zona. Great fact checking there skippy. :lol::lol:

"nobody is that stupid" indeed.

Forum List

Back