House Dem Caucus votes to reject tax compromise

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Two Thumbs, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    First Read - House Dem Caucus votes to reject tax compromise

From NBC's Luke Russert

In a non-binding vote Thursday, the House Democratic Caucus voted to reject the president's tax compromise.

This is significant in the sense that it shows how many House Democrats are angry about the compromise with Republicans to temporarily extend the cuts for the highest earners, but it is not binding in regards to legislation that goes to the floor.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer of Maryland, who controls how legislation comes to the House floor, said on Morning Joe today that Democrats need to back the President's deal.

But sources tell NBC News that with enough GOP support, there are enough moderate Democrats and rank and file Democrats to reach 218 in the House.

so does this mean that the dem party is saying no to it's leader? This was the first public comprimise and the dems in Congress are pissed?

*sigh*

So much for bipartisanly fucking us all over at the same time.

This is going to end badly for all of us.

2. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,624
    According the the story its a non-binding vote.

Here's hoping smarter heads prevail.

I don't like whats being added to the deficit with the Rep/Obama bill.

I would like it even less if business owners making $250,00 or more were taxed. Thats a no win. Who the hell is going to hire or expand if they have to pay higher taxes?? I sure wouldn't.

No one knows how that clusterfuck of a HC bill is going to affect business either. Too bad that peice of shit doesn't blow away.

If business didn't have to worry about their taxes going up or the cost of Obamacare I think you would see the economy take off like a freight train.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  3. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Doesn't matter. Demint vowed a filibuster.

4. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,637
    I think the demonRats should stick to their guns. Never give up. soak the piss outta the rich. Americans just love "class warfare." Yep they do.:eusa_angel:

5. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Fine... reject it...

Either bring it back where the cost of the expanded UI benefits are taken care of by reducing funding to some bullshit program or entitlement... and then send it back across...... or, keep having the house screw around like this and watch 2012 become a fucking bloodbath with DEM politician carcasses left all over the place

6. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,798
    With what you see the dems doing right now, you should still see their filthy carcasses left all over the place in '12.

7. Jeremy

Jeremy TRANSFER!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,190
    Do these dumb fucks realize that these "tax cuts for the rich" also include small business owners that are unlucky enough to earn over 250k a year?

Hey Palosi!....

:fu::evil: Fuck You Bitch!!!!:fu::evil:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  8. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,574
    This is a real mess for Barry. Dims are threatening to revolt here and, if they do, he comes off looking like the village idiot. If you recall his press conference to explain the deal...why he did it, what his choices were, best to take now what he could get as opposed to a worse deal in the new congress next month, and so on. So if they follow through he's got his fellow Dimocrats telling the whole world what a lousy negotiator he is. That's rather unprecedented as far as I can recall.

Who knew hope and change would turn out to be such a beautiful thing!

9. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,700
    This means that the GOP will have to sort out this mess early next year - and Obama will be stuck with the blame of failure for quite awhile.

This temporary extension, while better than nothing, is not going to have a major stimulative impact on the economy. Obama has loudly telegraphed that he is going to be fighting to raise taxes on The Rich - so the small businesses will not expand jobs nearly as much as they would if the tax cuts were permanent or reliable for much longer time span.

10. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,624
    I have a stong feeling that the left of the Dem party will be looking for someone else in 2012.

I wonder if the whole Dem party feels that way or they will stick with Barry Boy??