House approves removing Capitol’s Confederate statues

It’s nice to know everything is going so well politicians have nothing better to worry about then if statues of men who have been dead anywhere from 150 to 200 plus years should be removed.
The house can walk and chew gum at the same time. That's why there are hundreds of bills they passed that sit on Mitch McConnels desk gathering dust.
I have my doubts any politicians can do both. Ironically I remember when the Republicans controlled the House and the Democrats the Senate under Obama the Senate under the control of Harry Reid was where legislation went to die. Of course that was different it always is.

I have my doubts any politicians can do both. Ironically I remember when the Republicans controlled the House and the Democrats the Senate under Obama the Senate under the control of Harry Reid was where legislation went to die. Of course that was different it always is.
That was when legislation required sixty votes to pass.

It’s nice to know everything is going so well politicians have nothing better to worry about then if statues of men who have been dead anywhere from 150 to 200 plus years should be removed.
The house can walk and chew gum at the same time. That's why there are hundreds of bills they passed that sit on Mitch McConnels desk gathering dust.

The house can walk and chew gum at the same time.

An opinion not shared by all.

That's why there are hundreds of bills they passed that sit on Mitch McConnels desk gathering dust.

There were hundreds of bills sitting on Harry Reids desk when he was removed from his position.

Some things never seem to change.

Those who engaged in treason, war crimes, and fought to preserve the evil that was slavery deserve neither monuments nor commemoration – particularly in the capitol of the nation they betrayed.

The confederacy did not initiate war against the US. The US attempted from the outset to reclaim seceding states.

Fort Sumter - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Fort_Sumter

The First Battle of Fort Sumter began on April 12, 1861, when South Carolina Militia artillery fired on the Union garrison. These were some of the first shots of the war...
The union refused to leave SC territory. The union initiated hostilities.

That was when legislation required sixty votes to pass.
It still does I believe in 2013 Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats used the so called nuclear option and took the 60 vote rule for Presidential nominees and lower court justices down to a simple majority vote of 51 in 2017 Republicans did the same with Supreme Court nominees. When one party controls the House but not the Senate they pass partisan legislation they know will go nowhere in the Senate or if something has a chance of passing one side will put the so called poison pill in there that they know the other wont accept. The parties have their differences but they ar so alike in so many ways.

Like Trumps federal police in democratic cities?

I'm glad you agree that's an act of WAR
Those democrat cities have seceded and formed a new confederacy? Who knew?
You just said Union Troops defending Union Property when the local government didn't want them there, was an act of war.

You can see the replay by expanding the post.

Including a bust of Chief Justice Roger B. Taney, the author of the 1857 Dred Scott decision that declared African Americans couldn't be citizens.

Which has better odds:

1. Being tabled in the Senate

B. Being voted down in the Senate.
Why would we keep monuments to people who committed treason.

and what Fred Scott really decoded was free slaves had to be returned to the disgusting trash who owned them.

We got work to do.

Not just him either. There is a huge list of monuments and memorials to govrenment people that will need to be removed. Then we need to look into the last presidents grand parents. Do you remember when he said they were racist to? Name them and shame them!

I

Those democrat cities have seceded and formed a new confederacy? Who knew?
You just said Union Troops defending Union Property when the local government didn't want them there, was an act of war.

You can see the replay by expanding the post.
It was no longer union property. SC had seceded. Has Portland seceded and forfeited federal money?

It was no longer union property. SC had seceded. Has Portland seceded and forfeited federal money?

Liberty Island (you know the one with the famous statue on it) used to be part of New York, now it's owned by New Jersey. Change of ownership of the island didn't change the federal government owning the statue.

I don't understand why we would honor individuals whom literally separated themselves from the United States and waged war against it in our capitol? That doesn't really make sense to me.

Liberty Island (you know the one with the famous statue on it) used to be part of New York, now it's owned by New Jersey. Change of ownership of the island didn't change the federal government owning the statue.
What’s your point?

“House approves removing Capitol’s Confederate statues”

And appropriately so.
So you have to remove all statues since now we only focus on the bad.
How about you go to Malcolm X Park and remove the sign?
/———/
A group of Republican House members, led by Rep. Louis Gohmert of Texas, introduced a resolution Thursday that would effectively ban the Democratic Party from the House or force a party name change over past slavery ties -- a response to the recent efforts to remove tributes to past members of the Confederacy from the halls of Congress.
GOP reps push resolution to ban Democratic Party over past slavery ties

“House approves removing Capitol’s Confederate statues”

And appropriately so.
So you have to remove all statues since now we only focus on the bad.
How about you go to Malcolm X Park and remove the sign?
/———/
A group of Republican House members, led by Rep. Louis Gohmert of Texas, introduced a resolution Thursday that would effectively ban the Democratic Party from the House or force a party name change over past slavery ties -- a response to the recent efforts to remove tributes to past members of the Confederacy from the halls of Congress.
GOP reps push resolution to ban Democratic Party over past slavery ties

Can this be called giving it right back to the Dimms in spades?

Including a bust of Chief Justice Roger B. Taney, the author of the 1857 Dred Scott decision that declared African Americans couldn't be citizens.

Which has better odds:

1. Being tabled in the Senate

B. Being voted down in the Senate.
Why would we keep monuments to people who committed treason.

and what Fred Scott really decoded was free slaves had to be returned to the disgusting trash who owned them.

They were never convicted or even tried for treason. All were forgiven, by varying degrees, as part of the reconciliation process of bringing the country back together. The people that fought them decided to do this, and it is hubris on your part to think you have the ability to override them.

Are we going to end up disinterring their corpses and doing postmortem executions?

Forum List

Back