Hot Sauce is...

I had the one spank rule. I got one clean shot. If you tried to get away or defelct it, you got another. My thinking was that I was controlling my emotions with a limit. Rarely had to spank. It was a great deterent.

I had the one spank rule. I got one clean shot. If you tried to get away or defelct it, you got another. My thinking was that I was controlling my emotions with a limit. Rarely had to spank. It was a great deterent.

I think it depends on whether you leave marks. I spanked my babygirl when she was little for things like running into the street....stuff I wanted to be sure she'd never do again.

I wanted to ask about the idea of spanking being considered abuse; I've heard that for years now, but I don't know if I've ever seen a news story where it was the case. Is it something anyone has seen happen, or is it perhaps a bit of a myth? I also wonder if perhaps cases where the parents said they only spanked, but it was found they did more than that, are at the root of this idea.

Yes, spanking your kids can get you thrown into jail and your kids taken away. It has been that way for years. Your life can be turned into hell with an accusation of spanking. AND kids know it. It is used as a power play to get their way.

Think of it this way. Anything can be considered abuse now a days.

who cant spank? people are making excuses for abuse

If you spank your child and the child tells the teacher at school, Child Protective Services will come to your house to investigate. Kids hold all the cards these days, parents are the bitch of the children.

CPS does not just take children away from the home. They investigate the allegations,talk to neighbors, doctors,family members etc...

Abuse claims have to meet several levels of criteria before a child is removed from the home (which usually involves a court order)... And the burden of proof is on the case worker.

CPS will also work to improve the childs environment first before they consider removing them from their family. Which usually includes counceling and parenting classes, as well as multiple home visits.

If you spank your child and the child tells the teacher at school, Child Protective Services will come to your house to investigate. Kids hold all the cards these days, parents are the bitch of the children.

CPS does not just take children away from the home. They investigate the allegations,talk to neighbors, doctors,family members etc...

Abuse claims have to meet several levels of criteria before a child is removed from the home (which usually involves a court order)... And the burden of proof is on the case worker.

CPS will also work to improve the childs environment first before they consider removing them from their family. Which usually includes counceling and parenting classes, as well as multiple home visits.

That doesn't make them any less of an overbearing, overreaching government organization that has ruined probably damn near as many families as it's helped.

That doesn't make them any less of an overbearing, overreaching government organization that has ruined probably damn near as many families as it's helped.

The claim was that CPS just snatches children away from the home based on hearsay. That I disagree with,because I have worked with that organization before.

All government organizations can be overreaching and overbearing...and they do make families jump through hoops. But they do have certain rules and guidelines they have to meet first in order to remove children from the home.

Whether putting hot sauce in a child's mouth is abuse or not is immaterial to me.

My question is: what does it accomplish?

Does it make the child not cry as much? Because if that's your goal, it is guaranteed to backfire.

It's sort of like when I used to cry in the car and my dad would say "Stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about!"

You obviously don't have kids.

Parents cant spank their kids anymore. You land in jail if you do.

Calling child protective services and saying "my mom or dad spanked me", even it is a lie, is a popular tacit with kids these days to get what they want. It will land those parents in a world of shit for a very long time dealing with the accusation of spanking.

We need to stay the hell out of other people lives and how they raise THEIR children.

My kids tried to pull that once. I told them they would end up in foster care where people took kids in to make money, and didn't care about the kid at all, or could end up with an even stricter foster parents.

It shut them up and they did what they were told and have not brought it up since.

Mental cruelty if you ever say that in front of most judges.

If child services come to your door, ask for to see a warrent, if the don't have one, close the door.

That's true. The people who knock at your door don't care about the welfare of the child, they are there to build a case. "The system" is what they think protects a child.

My kids tried to pull that once. I told them they would end up in foster care where people took kids in to make money, and didn't care about the kid at all, or could end up with an even stricter foster parents.

It shut them up and they did what they were told and have not brought it up since.

If child services come to your door, ask for to see a warrent, if the don't have one, close the door.

If you do that don't they just get the police and take your children? CPS are not the police and they don't need a warrant.

No. Not CPS nor anyone can come into your home with out your permission. If you don't let them in or speak to them, they have no proof, and therefore no grounds to get a warrent.

If they do come back with the cops, sans warrent, and ask why you won't let them in; I have the Constitutional right to privacy.

If a teacher says your kid said. It's all hearsay. Now if the teachers says the kid is bruised and battered; CPS will show up with a cop and a warrent.

fyi; NEVER let CPS in. Not for any reason. Not to prove you are innocent, not to prove you are a good parent, not to prove your house is clean. NEVER. B/c cps is under no obligation to be truthfull in court and thier word will be taken over yours and you will lose your kids if they want to take them.

And they will fabricate evidence with absolutely no recourse at all. I inadvertently stepped into a situation where a Sailor got arrested and was going to be charged with missing movement because he told some DCF worker (at a bar) that he spanked his kids.

Complete fucking trainwreck.

If you do that don't they just get the police and take your children? CPS are not the police and they don't need a warrant.

No. Not CPS nor anyone can come into your home with out your permission. If you don't let them in or speak to them, they have no proof, and therefore no grounds to get a warrent.

If they do come back with the cops, sans warrent, and ask why you won't let them in; I have the Constitutional right to privacy.

If a teacher says your kid said. It's all hearsay. Now if the teachers says the kid is bruised and battered; CPS will show up with a cop and a warrent.

fyi; NEVER let CPS in. Not for any reason. Not to prove you are innocent, not to prove you are a good parent, not to prove your house is clean. NEVER. B/c cps is under no obligation to be truthfull in court and thier word will be taken over yours and you will lose your kids if they want to take them.

From my experience though its just better to talk to CPS and get it over with, if you slam the door in their face and and make them go to the authorities it looks like you have something to hide.

From my experience they have nothing until they get through that door, and when times are tough and the caseload for the investigators is light they go fishing.

Such as investigating a Catholic family just because he took custody of some kids and hired a lawyer to remove a Servicemember from reproach.

TRAINWRECK

From my experience though its just better to talk to CPS and get it over with, if you slam the door in their face and and make them go to the authorities it looks like you have something to hide.

I have the opposite info. My wife, when she was with her first husband, had an issue with CPS. She let them in to prove she was a great mom, and they walked out with the kids. Unless my wife is a drastically different woman, that was uncalled for.

Wow, I heard it takes alot for them to just take your kids. The thing if CPS had to take the kids they would have still done it whether your wife let them in or not, they would just come back with the Police. Not opening the door to CPS just delays the inevitable.

ANY CPS worker or any of their private contractors can at any time take your kids if they already have them. It's up to you to convince a judge to give them back.

If the Mom is using these kind of tactics on this child now, what is she going to be using when the kid is 10 or 11, a cattle prong? This lady is in need of some serious professional help. In it's own right, the hot sauce isn't physically harmful to the child and neither is the cold shower physically harmful but each of these tactics is emotionally damaging to the child. Please folks, use a little common sense here.

Why do you assume physical discipline escalates?

alright....yall dont consider making a child ...the kid is what 8 ish....hot sauce and then putting a child in a cold shower for punishment wrong?

damn .....how much republican compassion can one stand???? how much

without a doubt this is child abuse....and dont start with...pretty soon blah blah blah....child abuse is child abuse and there is no real excuse for this...

i saw the dr phil that lead to this...basically these people adopted to look good to the church and neighbors....o look how good we are...but behind closed doors they are sadistic fucks....

skull i remember one time you impressed the hell out of me....when a thread was on vick....you said you could not tolerate sadism in any one...but apparently you can tolerate it when it involves a child....come on skull think about this....

So it's not what they did per se, it's the background. Funny how the law isn't written that way.

bullshit i spanked my son...no one came to my house...i am not afraid to be a good parent...and i dont make excuses for people being bad parents

I wanted to ask about the idea of spanking being considered abuse; I've heard that for years now, but I don't know if I've ever seen a news story where it was the case. Is it something anyone has seen happen, or is it perhaps a bit of a myth? I also wonder if perhaps cases where the parents said they only spanked, but it was found they did more than that, are at the root of this idea.

Nobody can spank in Florida, legally.

(b)An intentional act that could reasonably be expected to result in physical or mental injury to a child; or

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Forum List

Back