How easy is it for criminals, the mentally ill, or drug abusers to buy guns in AZ?

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
Q: How easy is it for criminals, the mentally ill, or drug abusers to buy guns in Arizona?

A: As easily as buying a hamburger with fries at the local McDonald's.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZupCp0q1M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZupCp0q1M[/ame]

Hear No Evil, Suspect No Evil at an Arizona Gun Show

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg’s office released several videos this morning detailing the city’s recent undercover investigation into the ease with which one can buy guns at a gun show in Arizona — even if you tell the seller you probably wouldn’t pass a background check, and even in the wake of the Jan. 9 Tucson shootings.

While private, unlicensed sellers at gun shows are not required to run background checks, it is against the law to sell guns to people that sellers suspect are felons, mentally ill or are otherwise prohibited from buying guns.

In the video above, an undercover investigator doing a remarkably good impression of a marble-mouthed, sweaty-palmed gun seeker (“I’m looking for something like this, you know, 9 mil with stopping power, and uh, something that’s concealable, know what I mean?”) has the following exchange with a dealer.

Buyer: You’re not one of those, you know, dealer guys, right?

Seller: No. No tax, no forms, you don’t have to do transfers or nothing. Just need to see an Arizona ID and that’s it with me.

Buyer: Yeah, yeah. Yeah. So no background checks?

Seller: No.

Buyer: That’s good, ’cause I probably couldn’t pass one, know what I mean?

At this, the seller smiles knowingly and shakes his head, then completes the transaction.

All the videos, shot Jan. 23 at the Crossroads of the West Gun Show in Phoenix, are viewable at Gunshowundercover.org.

* 30% of illegally trafficked guns are connected to gun shows, according to the ATF.

* 63% of private sellers broke the law during a 2009 investigation by completing a sale to a buyer who they thought could not pass a background check.

* 81% of gun owners in a 2011 bipartisan poll said they support background checks for all gun sales.

Last edited:
Q: How hard is it for criminals, the mentally ill, or a drug abusers to buy guns in Arizona?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZupCp0q1M

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg’s office released several videos this morning detailing the city’s recent undercover investigation into the ease with which one can buy guns at a gun show in Arizona — even if you tell the seller you probably wouldn’t pass a background check, and even in the wake of the Jan. 9 Tucson shootings.

While private, unlicensed sellers at gun shows are not required to run background checks, it is against the law to sell guns to people that sellers suspect are felons, mentally ill or are otherwise prohibited from buying guns.

In the video above, an undercover investigator doing a remarkably good impression of a marble-mouthed, sweaty-palmed gun seeker (“I’m looking for something like this, you know, 9 mil with stopping power, and uh, something that’s concealable, know what I mean?”) has the following exchange with a dealer.

Seller: No. No tax, no forms, you don’t have to do transfers or nothing. Just need to see an Arizona ID and that’s it with me.

At this, the seller smiles knowingly and shakes his head, then completes the transaction.

All the videos, shot Jan. 23 at the Crossroads of the West Gun Show in Phoenix, are viewable at Gunshowundercover.org.

* 30% of illegally trafficked guns are connected to gun shows, according to the ATF.

* 63% of private sellers broke the law during a 2009 investigation by completing a sale to a buyer who they thought could not pass a background check.

* 81% of gun owners in a 2011 bipartisan poll said they support background checks for all gun sales.

We don't need gun laws, we just need to silence Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin, right peabrain? ........ :eusa_whistle:

Q: How hard is it for criminals, the mentally ill, or a drug abusers to buy guns in Arizona?

We don't need gun laws, we just need to silence Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin, right peabrain? ........ :eusa_whistle:

It looks like I hurt your wittle feewings...

Ahhhh...

Here's a new Avatar for you...
HEALTH_Crying_baby.jpg

Ahhhh...

HEALTH_Crying_baby.jpg

Calling out moonbat morons for their liberal hypocrisy never hurt my feelings.......

The one projecting their hurt wittle feewings would be you, my little pea brained friend. Boo hoo, Rush and Palin need to stop their rhetoric, boo hoo Arizona needs to change their gun laws, boo hoo Arizona is picking on illegal aliens..... :lol::lol::lol:

Q: How easy is it for criminals, the mentally ill, or drug abusers to buy guns in Arizona?

Gotta love Bloomberg. He went after Virginia too and they caved.

Ahhhh...

HEALTH_Crying_baby.jpg

Calling out moonbat morons for their liberal hypocrisy never hurt my feelings.......

The one projecting their hurt wittle feewings would be you, my little pea brained friend. Boo hoo, Rush and Palin need to stop their rhetoric, boo hoo Arizona needs to change their gun laws, boo hoo Arizona is picking on illegal aliens..... :lol::lol::lol:

WOW, does your mommy know you're using her 'puter?

How easy is it for criminals, the mentally ill, or drug abusers to buy guns in AZ?

Aww why don't you just come right out and say Tea Partiers?

Ahhhh...

HEALTH_Crying_baby.jpg

WOW, does your mommy know you're using her 'puter?

Does Pee Wee Herman know he still has one pea brained fan left?...... :eusa_whistle:

Ahhhh...

HEALTH_Crying_baby.jpg

Only the real stupid RWers will whine and complain on this thread. The ones of slightly below average intelligence won't - even with their limit ability to think they'll see moving this thread along is evidence stronger gun controls are needed.

Ahhhh...

HEALTH_Crying_baby.jpg

Only the real stupid RWers will whine and complain on this thread. The ones of slightly below average intelligence won't - even with their limit ability to think they'll see moving this thread along is evidence stronger gun controls are needed.

The whiners in this thread are from the left, complaining about the existing laws in Arizona, get a clue.......

Ahhhh...

HEALTH_Crying_baby.jpg

Nice adult response Wry Catcher...our wittle friend's feeling are hurt because I once called him a 'pea brain'...what came over me...LOL!!!

Last edited:

Nice adult response Wry Catcher...our wittle friend's feeling are hurt because I called him a 'pea brain'...what came over me...LOL!!!

Wow, you got me there.... :lol:

The two of you are quite the pair.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2RkBp_dUj8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2RkBp_dUj8&feature=related[/ame]

And you have helped them by buying the products that their labor makes.

Now will you ever answer the question of why you defend this breaking of the laws?

Show me where i defended anything....... :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, you don't strike me as the 'buy fruits, vegetables, or chicken at the store' kind of guy.

You're correct, fruits and veggies from the produce farm 1/2 mile away and chicken at the local butcher, but nice truthmatters style deflection..... :clap2:

Forum List

Back