horrible visit to the Dentist. My teeth are bad shape

friend got implants ...she had to have three bone grafts and the implants took a while...she was in a car wreck when she was 15 and busted her jaw and front teeth came out....so for 56 years she has had teeth problems..finally she has her old smile back...i dont have the nerve to ask her how much it cost
Hopefully auto insurance covered most of it.

Problem with implants is that most people wait too late to get them and periodontal disease destroys too much jawbone for one to be implanted.

I'm sorry but dentures have a tendency to create bad breath....and they aren't like regular teeth when eating.

Tooth decay can cause all kinds of issues. From strep throat to kidney failure. The bacteria resides inside the tooth and all in the gums and can't be reached with a waterpick. Meaning that even a root canal won't stop the problem sometimes. Root canals and crowns can make it worse.

Human mouths and throats are perfect breeding grounds for all kinds of bacteria. Oral hygiene is crucial for internal biome health.

a drunk driver hit them head on....it was about 3 in the afternoon....one died...one was in a wheel chair for years...and barb was in back seat...she was knocked out and just hit back and forth the seat in front of her...she was in the hospital with jaw wired shut for six weeks or so...she was the "lucky" one

It absolutely is essential to healthcare. But, you know, forcing companies to pay for things for their employees is unAmerican.
Medicare should include dentistry... if it did more companies may feel compelled to as well... a lot of older folks can't get the nutrition they need from their diet because of the condition of their teeth...

Several years ago, I was in my swimming pool with my nephew, who was about four years old at the time. I was holding him in front of me, pushing him slowly through the water. The kid was having a great time and started laughing. He whipped his head back, hit me in the mouth, and knocked out three of my front teeth. My dentist fitted me for what's known as a "stay plate", a sort of denture thing that looks amazingly like the teeth they replaced.

Originally, I was going to get implants, but the fact of the matter is that I hate going to the dentist, especially when there's surgery involved. Ergo, I still have the stay plate. Aside from that, my teeth are in great shape. I brush and floss twice a day.

I'll probably suck it up in the near future and do implants, but it's gonna' hurt, and there's no pain that hurts quite like dental pain...

You might check out getting a 3D Cone Beam Scan of your jaw to make sure all those implants are safe. While my experience is different as I had two root canal teeth extracted because they were infected, my understanding is implants can cause similar problems.
Hidden Epidemic - Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD | The Remedy Room

I didnt see any mention of implants.
Obviously bad teeth and gums can cause other health issues which is one of the reasons I finally said fuck it yank em.
The thing You notice the most is no more bad breath which of course happens with bad teeth and gums.
There's very little chance of infection with titanium stud's once everything's healed up.
And of course when you go in to have the studs cleaned it would likely show up then.
The studs are totally encased in bone,they had to remove a bunch of bone when I went in near the end of the procedure.
The doc commented that he'd never seen so much bone growth and they had to wait a bit longer usually for complete growth.
I think I'm good but I'll ask when I go in for my next cleaning. Spent way too much money to risk a problem like that.

I didnt see any mention of implants.
Obviously bad teeth and gums can cause other health issues which is one of the reasons I finally said fuck it yank em.
The thing You notice the most is no more bad breath which of course happens with bad teeth and gums.
There's very little chance of infection with titanium stud's once everything's healed up.
And of course when you go in to have the studs cleaned it would likely show up then.
The studs are totally encased in bone,they had to remove a bunch of bone when I went in near the end of the procedure.
The doc commented that he'd never seen so much bone growth and they had to wait a bit longer usually for complete growth.
I think I'm good but I'll ask when I go in for my next cleaning. Spent way too much money to risk a problem like that.
You might do more research if you’re interested.

Like I said..
I'm going to bring it up next time I go in.
If your dentist is unfamiliar with this procedure as many are, bringing it up likely does nothing.

Here is a good column for you.

Atherosclerosis is a Non-Healing Wound
Essential to achieving complete resolution of oral cavity infections is the administration of a cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) examination of the oral cavity. Also known as a 3D X-ray of the mouth, grossly abscessed but completely symptom-free teeth are OFTEN found, and just one of them can assure that coronary atherosclerosis begins and never ends until it is properly removed. Infected gums, tonsils, and sinuses are often found as well.

If your dentist is unfamiliar with this procedure as many are, bringing it up likely does nothing.

Here is a good column for you.

Atherosclerosis is a Non-Healing Wound
Essential to achieving complete resolution of oral cavity infections is the administration of a cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) examination of the oral cavity. Also known as a 3D X-ray of the mouth, grossly abscessed but completely symptom-free teeth are OFTEN found, and just one of them can assure that coronary atherosclerosis begins and never ends until it is properly removed. Infected gums, tonsils, and sinuses are often found as well.

I'd bet he knows about it.
He's a high end dentist and he has all the bells and whistles.
If that xray machine in the pic is the one you're referring to he has one.

Should I get 3 teeth in one day or the full 6

Yikes

I have to drive far to Henderson to get it done

Everywhere you go I see Dentist offices

How do all these Dentist even survive.

They are everywhwere

Forum List

Back