Hope for my hometown.

I wouldn't keep your hopes up for that one.

Brown pretty much owns the city of Buffalo.
Not of Tolbert or Rodriguez hammers Brown on his treatment of Buffalo Firefighters who up until now, have not had a contract in 12 years.

I guess we'll have to see how this develops.

If Tolbert can take party support from Brown and get the unions, he's got a chance. And as far as I can see, Rodriguez seems to have solid support as well - which means the state Republican party will throw a lot of money at him if they think he's got a chance.

Not to mention that western NY always seems to be full of eccentric billionaires who like to back underdog candidates.

So perhaps one of them will take Brown down.

I've been out of NY for long enough that I don't have as many sources in Buffalo as I used to. But I'm definitely following this one.

• Banned
I wouldn't keep your hopes up for that one.

Brown pretty much owns the city of Buffalo.
Not of Tolbert or Rodriguez hammers Brown on his treatment of Buffalo Firefighters who up until now, have not had a contract in 12 years.

If Tolbert can take party support from Brown and get the unions, he's got a chance. And as far as I can see, Rodriguez seems to have solid support as well - which means the state Republican party will throw a lot of money at him if they think he's got a chance.

Not to mention that western NY always seems to be full of eccentric billionaires who like to back underdog candidates.

I've been out of NY for long enough that I don't have as many sources in Buffalo as I used to. But I'm definitely following this one.

Believe me, the firefighters hate Brown with a passion.

Believe me, the firefighters hate Brown with a passion.

I do believe you.

The firefighters have no reason to like Brown, and plenty of reasons to hate him. But it's unclear how powerful the firefighters are (in a political sense), and it's also pretty likely that the firefighters will end up backing Tolbert, not Rodriguez.

Forum List

Back