15 year old has new "Pledge of Allegiance"

RandallFlagg

PROUD Tea Party Member
Dec 5, 2012
15 year old kid takes notice of this "modern world"
This young fellow from Arizona received an A for his effort.

New Pledge of Allegiance

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If scripture now the class recites,
it violates the Bill Of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or
green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom
scene..
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious
vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith
at all..
In silence alone we must meditate
God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like
freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and
cheeks..
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the
Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me
liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the "unwed daddy", our Senior
King.
It's "inappropriate" to teach right from
wrong,
We're taught that such "judgements" do
not belong..

We get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem
poles..
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd

It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; my soul to take!

Amen

I think he is paranoid over nothing. And I doubt that he wrote that without some help

Last edited:
Whomever ‘wrote’ the ‘pledge’ succeeded in only exhibiting his ignorance of the Constitution.

If actually written by a 15-year-old, let’s hope he’s given an opportunity to learn the truth and facts.

Anyone can pray anytime in the public schools, even bow their heads too. What they can't do is apostatize.

Want to bow your head and pray before a test or meal. Go ahead. Anytime at all.

FWIW totem poles are not a religious symbol.
Totem poles are 'story tellers' like genealogy, tribal history, etc
Some are merely art.

15 year old kid takes notice of this "modern world"
This young fellow from Arizona received an A for his effort.

New Pledge of Allegiance

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If scripture now the class recites,
it violates the Bill Of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or
green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom
scene..
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious
vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith
at all..
In silence alone we must meditate
God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like
freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and
cheeks..
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the
Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me
liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the "unwed daddy", our Senior
King.
It's "inappropriate" to teach right from
wrong,
We're taught that such "judgements" do
not belong..

We get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem
poles..
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd

It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; my soul to take!

Amen

So who forwarded you this email?

I wonder if he knows that displaying an American flag will get him suspended.
Desecrating one will get him applause.

FWIW totem poles are not a religious symbol.
Totem poles are 'story tellers' like genealogy, tribal history, etc
Some are merely art.

How did you get
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles as totem poles as a religious symbol?
Vampires are not a religion either.
Study - The pursuit of knowledge, as by reading, observation, or research.

I thought the kid did a great job, myself.

I did, too. Research shows that this kid wrote this in 2002 and submitted it in a Civics (you know, those classes that SOME of us took way back when)class and he received an A for the work.

I have to laugh at the way the "left" immediately jumped in, with both feet, to tell us all how "stupid and idiotic" this kid is/was.

I'm 68 years old. I have seen this country go from being the absolute envy of the world to the laughing stock of the world in a matter of some 50 years. What was once "tradition" that celebrated living in this great country, has now become the "hatred of the left".

These days we celebrate the freaks, the clowns, the different, the "non-conforming", the outliers, the lazy, the "non-traditional" and ANYTHING that tears down the fabric of this nation. We celebrate those who want nothing to do with building up - only destroying - as evidenced by the rapid reaction of the respondents here.

I fully expected this very response. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find that most of these "angst-ridden gutter travelers" are probably public school "teachers" - the very essence of failure.

Kid is an idiot.

Is that right? Why? Because he upsets your "progressive" sense of "values"???

The kid is a modern day prophet and you prove it.
Strange how until 1954 this was the pledge

""I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands; one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Then the christers Pukes whined until a god was put in the pledge

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands; one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Thee same with Paper Money:

A law passed by the 84th Congress (P.L. 84-140) and approved by the President on July 30, 1956, the President approved a Joint Resolution of the 84th Congress, declaring IN GOD WE TRUST the national motto of the United States. IN GOD WE TRUST was first used on paper money in 1957, when it appeared on the one-dollar silver certificate. The first paper currency bearing the motto entered circulation on October 1, 1957. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) was converting to the dry intaglio printing process. During this conversion, it gradually included IN GOD WE TRUST in the back design of all classes and denominations of currency.:eusa_whistle:

http://symonsez.wordpress.com/2010/...d-on-us-currency-or-the-pledge-of-allegiance/

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history_lesson/2002/06/the_pledge_of_allegiance.html

Last edited:
Let's just forget about our National Anthem the Star Spangled Banner written in 1814.
That we had In God We Trust on all of our coins since 1864 and then was expanded to our paper money in 1956

That the bible was taught in our schools since before we became a nation and after we became a nation up until 1962.
The history of Christian education in America dates back to the 1700s with influence from Christian schools in England that were run by the Catholic church. Early settlers in America, which included the Quakers, Mennonites, Presbyterians, Catholics and Baptists educated their children in schools that were formed for the purposes of religious education. Over the years many Christian colleges, universities and private schools have emerged providing not just religious education, but also a diverse curriculum.

Ever since then our school system has gone down in the way our children have been educated.
The current US Department of Education was formally enacted into law in 1979 by signature of President Jimmy Carter. This was apparently a belated recognition of the already rapidly growing federalization of education.

". . . between 1967 and 1974, teacher training in the U.S. was covertly revamped through coordinated efforts of a small number of private foundations, select universities,global corporations, think tanks, and government agencies, all coordinated through the U.S. Office of Education and through key state education departments like those in California, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania and New York.

Last edited:
Let's just forget about our National Anthem the Star Spangled Banner written in 1814.
That we had In God We Trust on all of our coins since 1864 and then was expanded to our paper money in 1956

That the bible was taught in our schools since before we became a nation and after we became a nation up until 1962.
The history of Christian education in America dates back to the 1700s with influence from Christian schools in England that were run by the Catholic church. Early settlers in America, which included the Quakers, Mennonites, Presbyterians, Catholics and Baptists educated their children in schools that were formed for the purposes of religious education. Over the years many Christian colleges, universities and private schools have emerged providing not just religious education, but also a diverse curriculum.

Ever since then our school system has gone down in the way our children have been educated.
The current US Department of Education was formally enacted into law in 1979 by signature of President Jimmy Carter. This was apparently a belated recognition of the already rapidly growing federalization of education.

". . . between 1967 and 1974, teacher training in the U.S. was covertly revamped through coordinated efforts of a small number of private foundations, select universities,global corporations, think tanks, and government agencies, all coordinated through the U.S. Office of Education and through key state education departments like those in California, Texas, Michigan, Pennsylvania and New York.

And black and white students were segregated in pubic schools until 1954.

Your point?

There were many practices condoned in the past that we now understand to be wrong, un-Constitutional, and in conflict with the fundamental principles of our Nation.

Prayer in public school is clearly offensive to the Constitution, it’s a manifestation of a political endorsement of religion by the state.

As Justice O’Connor observed:

Endorsement [of religion ] sends a message to nonadherents that they are outsiders, not full members of the political community, and an accompanying message to adherents that they are insiders, favored members of the political community.

Lynch v. Donnelly

Consequently, prayer in public schools sends the message to non-Christian students that they are outsiders as well, unwelcome and unwanted in the local community; it also sends the message to Christian students that they are entitled and worthy of inclusion in the community, where exclusion of the non-Christian is justified.

Indeed, prayer in public schools was used as a political weapon to compel adherence to Christian dogma, or to at least compel non-Christians to remain the silent minority, in the shadows and fringe of society.

Last edited:
Did you know that Jews and Muslims had their own schools also?
Black schools had a much higher and better education system than the ghetto schools of today and they had parents consisting of a Father and Mother before segregation and welfare. A combination that has totally devastated the black community.

It was never a political endorsement of religion by the state.
The USA government never had one religion run by the Government. Our Government included all dominations, unlike the British and all other Europeans Countries that supported one type of Christian religion only and no other.
Separation of Church and State is not in our Constitution.

And black and white students were segregated in pubic schools until 1954.

Your point?

There were many practices condoned in the past that we now understand to be wrong, un-Constitutional, and in conflict with the fundamental principles of our Nation.

Prayer in public school is clearly offensive to the Constitution, it’s a manifestation of a political endorsement of religion by the state.

As Justice O’Connor observed:

Endorsement [of religion ] sends a message to nonadherents that they are outsiders, not full members of the political community, and an accompanying message to adherents that they are insiders, favored members of the political community.

Lynch v. Donnelly

Consequently, prayer in public schools sends the message to non-Christian students that they are outsiders as well, unwelcome and unwanted in the local community; it also sends the message to Christian students that they are entitled and worthy of inclusion in the community, where exclusion of the non-Christian is justified.

Indeed, prayer in public schools was used as a political weapon to compel adherence to Christian dogma, or to at least compel non-Christians to remain the silent minority, in the shadows and fringe of society.

Prayer in schools never did any of what you said. That is the left's propaganda and was never true. Nobody that went to school in the fifties ever had any problem with prayer in schools. Those that did not believe when the prayer was said, simply stayed silent when God was mentioned. Others used the name of their God. It was never a problem until an atheist that represented less than 0.7 % of the population started complaining about it.
When a Minority rules over the Majority that's a form of tyranny.
Now we have a silent majority who are in the shadows and are the fringe of society. Run by the very loud, bullying and intolerant minority.

Forum List

Back