Hope & Change Update: 14 Illegal immigrants are released from custody released by ICE

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
Hope & Change Update: 14 Illegal immigrants are released from custody released by ICE (one still held )

see video: click here

FARMINGTON — The owner and general contractor who are building the new Hampton Inn in Farmington claim they had no knowledge that illegal immigrants were being used for labor. St. Francois County Sheriff Dan Bullock said on Saturday 14 illegal immigrants who were working on the job site were taken into custody. All but one was later released.

Farmington resident Mike Van Stavern owns the Hampton Inn that is under construction. Stavern also owns the Holiday Inn. The Farmington hotel owner said he has used Thomas Construction as the general contractor previously on other job sites

“The sheriff’s department, the Farmington Police Department, the Leadington Police Department and the Park Hills Police Department rounded the illegal immigrants up later Saturday evening,” Bullock said. “None were here legally.”

Bullock said only one of the 14 is still in custody. He said the Department of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, formerly INS, said to release the other 13 immigrants.

“The one that is still in custody had a warrant for his arrest,” the sheriff said. “Immigration said to release the rest. They said they didn’t want them. There was nothing more we could hold them on, so we had to let them go.”

Bullock said he is upset with the Department of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services along with the contractor who is building the Hampton Inn.

“I’m not happy about this at all,” he said. “I heard just this past week that the unemployment rate in St. Francois County is 11 percent.

Illegal immigrants are not to be deported now, just turned loose?

Sadly, due to lack of resources and prison space, this has been the way for years for both Republican and Democrat admins.

At the Southern border, illegals caught are released with a NTA (notice to appear) for immigration court, assuming there is no other outstanding arrest warrants for them.
I believe that I read somewhere that the no shows for immigration court is around 98%- go figure. They should call the NTA -NTD- notice to disappear

The Bush admin claimed this was stopped at the Southern border and I believe Papa Obama admin said they would continue

Sadly, due to lack of resources and prison space, this has been the way for years for both Republican and Democrat admins.

At the Southern border, illegals caught are released with a NTA (notice to appear) for immigration court, assuming there is no other outstanding arrest warrants for them.
I believe that I read somewhere that the no shows for immigration court is around 98%- go figure. They should call the NTA -NTD- notice to disappear

The Bush admin claimed this was stopped at the Southern border and I believe Papa Obama admin said they would continue

I think it doesn't help when folks like Ted Kennedy go to their rallies and encourage them to break our laws.

Forum List

Back