Hope act to allow HIV positive people to donate organs

novasteve

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2011
Bellevue
Bustle

I hope they won't give these organs to non infected people. Irony is they talk about liver failure with HIV positive people but don't say the HIV meds cause it. This is like having smokers donating lungs to other smokers

The vast majority aren't infected at birth. They get it from taking it up the ass without condoms. That's over 60 percent of all HIV infections . The vast majority of them. Do facts offend you?

The vast majority aren't infected at birth. They get it from taking it up the ass without condoms. That's over 60 percent of all HIV infections . The vast majority of them. Do facts offend you?

I am always looking out for the innocent.

No shortage of stupidity with that proposal. Why doesn't the organ recipient just go to CDC Headquarters and simply ask for a direct injection of the HIV virus, or go to Provincetown and leave his rectum exposed when he walks down Commercial Street. Allowing a virus load access to the thin walled, easily penetrable rectal epithelium is almost as sure a way of catching the disease as injecting it.

A long time ago in a nation far, far away we were making hospital rounds with the hospital's head of infectious diseases and we came across a lady who had had an anyphylactic reaction to some food she had ingested, carrots, shellfish etc. She said she was stunned when the emergency room personnel, along with injections of epinephrine through her skin. inserted a theophyllin suppository into her rectum.
"Who would have known that some medicine put there (in her rectum) would have worked here (in her lungs)?" was all she said as she pointed to her chest

Last edited:
One tone breathing in smoke will cause cancer like an HIV positive person bleeding on an open wound can?

If transplanting an organ from someone HIV pos into a person who isn't will cause a risk of the person getting HIV, then I would be opposed to this idea.

I am opposed to smokers being organ donors as well - especially since so many donate and their organs go to healthy people, expecting a healthy organ, but they get a smokers lungs.

If this is for real, what makes the people behind it think that we would want an organ from those who had HIV on their plate?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back