Hooters sign: Bob Filner won’t be served

Hooters locations in San Diego will no longer be welcoming embattled San Diego Mayor Bob Filner into its doors, citing respect for women and a belief that people should have standards.

The Republican Party of San Diego Executive Director Francis Barraza tweeted a photo of the sign at one of the chain locations in Rancho Bernardo. “The mayor of San Diego will not be served in this establishment,” the sign stated.

Hooters sign: Bob Filner won?t be served - Breanna Edwards - POLITICO.com

Is this not a violation of Filner's rights? As a business that is open to the public should Hooters not be forced to serve Mayor Filner, rather than discriminate against him?

Of course not. It's their property, and if they don't want to serve him then why should they?

Every business has a right to refuse service to whoever they want.

Well no..but thanks for playing.

Democrats faux concern over a "war on women" when they've got the likes of Weiner, Filner and Bill Clinton on their team...even funnier!

Not a supporter of Weiner and Filner. And Bill Clinton had a consensual affair...wrong but not illegal nor impeachable. It's funny to see what that did to the Republicans in the next election.

You mean by giving Republicans the Presidency for the next 8 years and allowing them to retain control of Congress for another 6 years?

I think you got your dates a little mixed up there, Avatar. :D

Ain't freedom a bitch?

Not to me. I fully support Hooters in this. Property rights should be absolute, in my opinion. The point I'm trying to make is that some people are not being consistent.

Perhaps it is the difference between discriminating against a group of people and denying service to a particular person based on their individual actions.

I get what you are saying, but I think this is a fairly poor example.

Not really. The point is that people discriminate all the time, and that property rights allows for this discrimination. That some people dislike the reasons for some people's discrimination of others should not trump property rights. As far as I know the Mayor of San Diego has not been charged with anything so on what basis is he being discriminated against? The answer is that it doesn't matter because Hooters can do what it wants with its own property, but in some cases that explanation is rejected.

Not a supporter of Weiner and Filner. And Bill Clinton had a consensual affair...wrong but not illegal nor impeachable. It's funny to see what that did to the Republicans in the next election.

You mean by giving Republicans the Presidency for the next 8 years and allowing them to retain control of Congress for another 6 years?

I think you got your dates a little mixed up there, Avatar. :D

Who was President after Clinton? Was he a Democrat or Republican?

The GOP had control of Congress from 94-06. Considering the Lewinsky scandal was pretty much in the early parts of the middle of that and the GOP held Congress for almost a decade after impeachment, what exactly do you think happened to the GOP was so negative because of impeaching Clinton for perjury and obstruction?

Hooters concerned about a ‘respect for women.’

Funny.

Democrats not concerned about respect for women. Just sad.

That meme is going over so well with the female electorate, isn't it?

What the female electorate does or doesn't doesnt change the fact that Democrats aren't concerned about respect for women. They will sell women out at the first chance if it means keeping a D in office.

What the female electorate does or doesn't doesnt change the fact that Democrats aren't concerned about respect for women. They will sell women out at the first chance if it means keeping a D in office.

Probably true for politicians of all stripes.

A more important question would be if you think the average citizen who identifies as a dem feels that way.

There are many things I think about politicians that I don't think are shared by average people. ;)

Hooters concerned about a ‘respect for women.’

Funny.

Hey, they garnered votes with the whole "war on women" narrative, Bod...I found it to be ridiculous when they trotted it out against Romney since it would be hard to find a man who treated women with more respect than Mitt did, yet the Dems managed to tar him with that silly charge and the main stream media went with THAT as a story rather than Obama's awful performance dealing with the economy or things like Benghazi and Fast & Furious.

How "journalists" sitting around a conference table made that call is something the good folks running media in this country will have to explain. Their "job" is to inform the public so that we can choose the right people to run our government. In my humble opinion the media decided who they wanted running the government and then set out to make that happen. That's a problem...a big problem.

Forum List

Back