Homosexuals/Lesbians Still Party Despite Hurricane Katrina

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
For the second time this week, homosexuals held a "gay"-pride parade in Louisiana, a state that suffered catastrophic damage by Hurricane Katrina.

Last night's event took place in the city of Lafayette, where events were renamed "Southern Decadence in Exile" after the storm canceled last week's "Southern Decadence," a tradition that began in 1972.

The parade commenced a few minutes late from its 5 p.m. start time, but that didn't seem to bother participants.

"Queens are always late," Levy Easterly, 43, of New Orleans, told the Daily Advertiser. "And we need time to get a buzz."

Robert Baxter, one of the driving forces behind the event, told the paper, "We're trying to show the world that the gay community wasn't killed off."

While the local newspaper reported there were a "couple dozen" participants in yesterday's march, the website 365Gay.com put the figure at "several hundred."

"Every gay home in town is filled to the rafters with friends and relatives from New Orleans," Baxter told the website, noting he has eight Katrina survivors living with him in Lafayette. "There isn't a person in this town who hasn't been affected in one way or another by the hurricane. We didn't get a drop of rain here, but our lives are changed forever."

Baxter is among those who wanted the 33-year tradition to continue, even while hundreds of thousands of Louisiana residents have been forced to evacuate their homes.

"We couldn't let it just end with the hurricane," organizer Mack Money told 365Gay.com. "It's too important to everyone in New Orleans."

Not having a police permit to parade on Jefferson Street, marchers sauntered up the sidewalk between two "gay" bars, and came to a stop for a moment of silence to remember those did not escape the catastrophic storm.

"What do they want us to do? Roll over and die too?" Baxter asked. "Do they want us to just give up?"

With a theme of "Floatin' Floozies," parade participants wore FEMA armbands, standing for "Federal Emergency Mismanagement Agency."

Many, including Grand Marshal Robert Doucet, aka Stephanie Stevens, were transvestites who scrambled to a Goodwill store to be properly outfitted.

WorldNetDaily reported earlier this week on the smaller parade of at least two dozen homosexuals, some clad in tutus and grass skirts, who marched up Bourbon Street in New Orleans in defiance of Katrina's devastation.

"Hey, we've got to keep our morale up, too," Jill Sandars, aka "Jelly Sandwich," told the San Antonio Express-News.

One woman wore a shirt with a handwritten message, "I survived Hurricane Katrina and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."

New Orleans carpenter John Lambert had dressed up as a member of the Village People and carried a sign reading "Life Goes On?".

He was confident the annual Mardi Gras festival would still take place next February in New Orleans' French Quarter.

"Mardi Gras is a brew, it's a gumbo. It's defined by what people bring to it," Lambert told the Associated Press. "There will definitely be a Mardi Gras. No doubt about it."

The celebrations amid the deaths, disease and destruction of Katrina boggle the mind of some, including former homosexual James Hartline.

"The idea that human beings are continuing to party while hundreds of thousands of fellow citizens are starving, dying and suffering from a multitude of sicknesses brings into focus the real lack of judgment that these constant advocates of special gay rights demonstrate in a time of crisis," Hartline said. "They want marriage, adoption and special protections, due to their alleged 'vicitimizations at the hands of unfair laws,' and yet the Southern Decadence partiers are the best examples of those who are truly victimizing the most vulnerable of America's citizenry."

Article and Photos: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46216

---

Shameful. Disgusting.

Mr. P said:
:scratch: You folks really care about this...Geeezz

P this is THE major social issue of our time, its the gateway issue for all other sick bastards to demand special considerations in this country.

Of course queers held their parade in the midst of this tragedy, they care only about furthering their own sick and selfserving agenda, everyone else be damned.

OCA said:
LOL that is the weakest and most intellectually bankrupt argument of them all.

I know, it's just fun to see how everybody jumps up and down to claim, "Not me!" in thread after thread. Those are the ones of whom it's true.

nucular said:
:boohoo: :boohoo:

Obviously they are insecure about their own sexuality. Real men don't worry about gay men.

BS. A rather worn-out and dishonest line. The second anyone says they don't want a bunch of sick bastards parading their sexual deviance in our faces you proponents of gay rights start painting with the "homophobe" brush.

One does not have to be insecure about their own sexuality to call a spade a spade.

nucular said:
:boohoo: :boohoo:

Obviously they are insecure about their own sexuality. Real men don't worry about gay men.
I'm going to start using a variation of that line whenever I hear someone bashing Christians....

"People who bash Christians are obviously worried about going straight to hell.... people who are secure in their salvation don't go around worrying about that sort of thing...."

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
KarlMarx said:
I'm going to start using a variation of that line whenever I hear someone bashing Christians....

"People who bash Christians are obviously worried about going straight to hell.... people who are secure in their salvation don't go around worrying about that sort of thing...."

I already own the copyright to that one. :read:

nucular said:
I know, it's just fun to see how everybody jumps up and down to claim, "Not me!" in thread after thread. Those are the ones of whom it's true.

Instead of bullshitting here why don't you take a worthless stab at defending the homosexual lifestyle choice crowd.

Abbey Normal said:
...and Nero fiddled while Rome burned.
Nero was not only bisexual, but he had intercourse with his mother and his sister..... (or was that Caligula?).....

Sick pooch....

OCA said:
Instead of bullshitting here why don't you take a worthless stab at defending the homosexual lifestyle choice crowd.

On the whole homosexuals are more cultured than the rest of us. They excell in art, music, design, fashion etc. They make a good contribution to society. I don't have a problem with them because I think society benefits from diversity. Gays have always been here and they always will, so why not enjoy what they have to offer?

nucular said:
On the whole homosexuals are more cultured than the rest of us. They excell in art, music, design, fashion etc. They make a good contribution to society. I don't have a problem with them because I think society benefits from diversity. Gays have always been here and they always will, so why not enjoy what they have to offer?

LMFAO! You've bought into every misconception out there, you're a walking billboard for sterotypes. How about AIDS, is that another one of their valuable contributions to society?

Forum List

Back