Jimmy Carter In Charge Of New Orleans Rebuild?

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Umm.....why?

----

Dem 9/11 Commissioner Calls For Jimmy Carter To Head Rebuilding Of New Orleans
Fri Sep 09 2005 12:01:20 ET

This morning on Fox's "Fox and Friends," former Indiana Democrat congressman and 9/11 commissioner Tim Roemer called on President Bush to name former President Jimmy Carter to the head of efforts to rebuild New Orleans.

Roemer told the stunned hosts: "The second thing we should do is put somebody like former President Jimmy Carter in charge of rebuilding New Orleans."

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

The only thing Carter seems to be good at is building a home for people so why not? i dont know if id put him in charge. but let him build some things.

Here's another job they could consider Jimmy for: being an evangelical, maybe they could send him to New Orleans to teach the police and the pols how to repent of their graft and corruption. That would be the day!
:thewave:

Adam's Apple said:
Here's another job they could consider Jimmy for: being an evangelical, maybe they could send him to New Orleans to teach the police and the pols how to repent of their graft and corruption. That would be the day!
:thewave:

Unfortunately, i think Jimmy is more communist/liberal than actual evangelical.

I once heard Carter say that if all of the congregations of all of the churches in the U.S. would build a home each year there wouldn't be any homeless. It was the one thing that almost made sense out of that guy.
I guess they feel that since he has helped with habitat for humanity he could rebuild a major city with problems more complex than any besides maybe San Fran. . . sure. They need to resurrect Frank Loyd Wright from the dead and get his genius to work on solutions. The need to solve the problem of Lake Ponchatrain and the Mississippi first and then develop a drainage system that will work. The problem is when tide is up, or storm surges hit, there is nowhere to drain. If collection areas were dug and the dirt used to build up low lying areas that might help some but the really need to consider not buiding ground leve residential at all. Make the city a gambling/ entertainment/ port hub with a high speed monorail system into the city from higher outlying areas. If they just try to build a replica of the old decrepit city the way it was they are foolish.. . .so I'm sure that is what they will do.

By all means--let Jimmy do it ! Everyone's gonna bitch about it for some reason or another--let him take the heat. And its time for all those companies who complain about Haliburton to get their damn bids in or quit whining.

GotZoom said:
Umm.....why?

----

Dem 9/11 Commissioner Calls For Jimmy Carter To Head Rebuilding Of New Orleans
Fri Sep 09 2005 12:01:20 ET

This morning on Fox's "Fox and Friends," former Indiana Democrat congressman and 9/11 commissioner Tim Roemer called on President Bush to name former President Jimmy Carter to the head of efforts to rebuild New Orleans.

Roemer told the stunned hosts: "The second thing we should do is put somebody like former President Jimmy Carter in charge of rebuilding New Orleans."

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

How fitting. He'd be in Heaven. Up to his elbows in the poor, downtrodden homeless folk of a third world country. :)

Forum List

Back